River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

100 W. 5th Avenue, Lenoir City, TN, 37771

Reviews of River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

ltucker June 09, 2015

Five years ago this was a great facility. Today, I would not recommend this facility for long term assisted living care to anyone. The turn over rate for management and staff is unbelievable. The food is horribly tasting and cooked. They do not follow physician orders for residents with diet restrictions. In the summer there is no air conditioning provided in the hallways. Very little out of room activities offered on a daily basis. Carpets are filthy nasty. The trees are not kept trimmed to be able to see the view that they so often advertise about being able to be seen. They offer cable that often does not work and have very limited stations. I gave it a 1 star because the size of the apartments are very nice.

We appreciate your feedback. The concerns you identify would definitely impact one's experience. Some of them warrant research in order to validate, and some seem to be matters that could easily be remediated once brought to our attention. In addition to your post, we hope and highly encourage that you have also taken the time to present these concerns to the Executive Director. Remember, communication is key. It is, or was, an honor to call your loved one our resident, and we only want the best for him or her.

Two residents May 28, 2015

My mother lived in the memory care section for two years and past away in September of 2014. We live local and we checked on her regularly. We found the staff to be professional, competent, and caring. The nursing staff and the doctor that is on call handled my mother's situations much better than a newer facility where she lived prior to River Oaks. I am sure that each family of the resident has different expectations and desires. It is very important for each family to simply keep an open line of communication with the staff. The staff displays an attitude of servanthood. My wife's mother now lives in the assisted living section and is very pleased.

Ann111463050 May 27, 2015

My mother is in River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. We chose it because it is close to me, it is convenient, and we know a lot of people there. They have painting, and she has done some paintings.

They have aides that help her with her shower and her medication and they do the laundry and the cleaning of her room. She has 3 meals a day. The place is pleasant and clean. I have been there several times, and I like it.

Donna106068750 May 06, 2015

My mom is in River Oaks. They are very accommodating and seem to have a fairly quick turnaround time. Everybody there wears a pager -- all the residents. When my mom presses the button for help, they are usually there within less than 5 minutes to help her. They have a lot of wonderful activities, and they try to have everybody involved. They seem to be very caring for the residents there.

I think the apartments are very nice. In fact, the whole facility is very nice. You provide your own furniture, which we did. We made it more customized for my mother, and that is fine with them. I find the place very clean. In fact, everybody that visits says it is a very nice facility. I even go downstairs in the basement. There is a coke machine down staris and it is clean and neat down there as well.

Every morning, they have chair exercises. They have bingo 3 times a week. Friday nights, they show movies in one of the dining rooms. They have seasonal parties like Easter parties and Saint Patrick Day's parties. They have ice cream socials. They seem to have 2 or 3 things every day. They have a huge main dining room where they have all the big parties and stuff. It is beautiful, two-stories, all wood with big windows, and it sits up on the mountain top so you can look out. The wing my mom is in has a smaller dining room. It happens to be right across the hall from my mother, and that's where my mother goes to eat. My husband and I have eaten there a couple of times, and the food has been delicious.

Cynthia44 April 21, 2015

The care plan in River Oaks Place was not delivered and administered correctly. The people working there were untrained and under staffed. I liked the independent rooms; however, my mom was in the assisted wing, and the rooms were very undersized. The food was substandard. They could work puzzles, play Bingo, and every other week, they have a social event. They didn’t do outings. It felt more institutional.

Thank you for your response. It is helpful for our team to analyze our resident and family member's opinions and thoughts about their individual experiences at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. We care deeply for our residents and consider it a privilege to be given the honor of caring for them. We realize that although we strive to deliver the utmost quality of life for each resident, they and their family members each have different perceptions, likes, dislikes, and preferences. Communication is key, and we encourage all residents and their family members to connect with the leadership team often, participate in care conferences, as well as participate in the fabulous parties, socials, and outings on the calendar at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. Additionally, care needs change frequently and residents in Assisted Living and Memory Care are monitored routinely for changes in care needs so that appropriate changes can soon be discussed with the resident and his or her responsible party.

Victoria.james April 18, 2015

We placed our Mother at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City about 8 months ago. This was the most difficult decision our family had to face to date. We looked at 3 different communities in Lenoir City and once we walked into River Oaks we knew it was the one. The staff was extremely helpful in assisting us and truly gave us a great sense of relief with their knowledge. The employees are genuine and very involved with the residents, it felt more like a family vs. a facility. We moved in on a Saturday and the Nurse even helped us move our belongings in from the car. We knew Mom would not be happy anywhere but home, which just wasn't possible, however when we call her she is never in her apartment, she is always out at Activities or helping in the gift shop and we as a family enjoy seeing her participate which we get to see on facebook. We had the opportunity to share a meal with Mom this week, and it was wonderful. My daughter is Diabetic and the kitchen staff was quick to prepare her something different so that she could also enjoy dinner with her Grandmother. I just could not be happier with our decision. The employees are angels and River Oaks Place was an answer to our prayers.

VernaDD April 02, 2015

I have been very impressed with River Oaks Community. They have a very friendly, helpful staff that have always taken time to address questions or concerns I may have. I have been to some really outstanding parties and events there. It seems like they really go over the top and all of the residents and families have a really good time. They even made a calendar of the residents dressed up and posed as their favorite movies. The residents are so friendly and seem to really love living there. Many of the ones I have talked to have lived there for years. They have a church service and Bible study on Sundays, and family or friends are welcome to eat meals whenever we want which was very important for us in choosing a place. They also allow pets which was a big deal for us as well. We as a family have been really happy with our whole experience, and are thankful for the blessing of peace of mind.

Caring7995 March 31, 2015

Mom was at River Oaks. I would not recommend them at all. They have three levels of care -- the independent living and the assisted living are fine. I've seen the care, the facility, and the food, but my mother was in the Alzheimer's care unit, and they were extremely understaffed, not very attentive. We've seen some things that were absolutely appalling, and when she got sick they had recommended a doctor because he would be on call and come in every week. I really had no problem with that; I thought that would make sense, but when we were going to take her to the appointment, I walked in and I found that she had gotten sick in her bed. That had to be early that morning, and they had not even cleaned it up. Neither had they cleaned her up. They could probably take care of those problems if they added more staff. They were taking care of 8 women with Alzheimer's, and they only had 2 people. So much of the time those people were in the office or in the kitchen that they were not actually interacting with their residents.

Thank you for this feedback. It is useful in our evaluation of resident and family satisfaction. We are aware of this particular situation and have given it thorough attention with our entire care team. This type of incident is isolated and atypical from the consistent high level of personalized care given to our residents in our Memory Care program. We strive to extend loving, and compassionate care to all of our residents. We'd like to educate the public, also, that a care staff ratio of 1 caregiver to 4 residents well exceeds the state regulation, and we are very proud of the longevity of the care staff at our community.

From River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

A unique, spacious and gracious environment. The site sits high atop the "old town" of original Lenoir City and enjoys beautiful views of the Tellico Lake and Smoky Mountains, yet is just minutes form the bustling Highway 321 corridor, new Ft. Sanders Loudon County Medical Center, doctors offices, banking, shopping and dining. One and two bedroom apartments, private balconies, large studios and efficiencies, and three large dining rooms, offer floor plans for all lifestyles whether for Independent Living or Assisted Living. Spacious, beautifully furnished, River Oaks Place Lenoir City is elegantly cozy, comfortable and feels like a place you'll want to stay and enjoy. And our low monthly rates will amaze you.

We feature the ability to allow residents to age in place via Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care all under one roof. Our Activities Program is outstanding, residents are always enjoying out-of-the-box events and activities.

Features of River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,150/month

• Staff patient ratio: 12:4
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• Licenses: Adult Care Home, Residential Home for Aged
  • State License(s): 00000041

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of River Oaks Place - Lenoir City