River Oaks Place - Lenoir City Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.7

May 27, 2015

By Ann111463050

My mother is in River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. We chose it because it is close to me, it is convenient, and we know a lot of people there. They have painting, and she has done some paintings. They have aides that help her with her shower and her medication and they do the laundry and the cleaning of her room. She has 3 meals a day. The place is pleasant and clean. I have been there several times, and I like it.

May 06, 2015

By Donna106068750

My mom is in River Oaks. They are very accommodating and seem to have a fairly quick turnaround time. Everybody there wears a pager -- all the residents. When my mom presses the button for help, they are usually there within less than 5 minutes to help her. They have a lot of wonderful activities, and they try to have everybody involved. They seem to be very caring for the residents there. I think the apartments are very nice. In fact, the whole facility is very nice. You provide your own furniture, which we did. We made it more customized for my mother, and that is fine with them. I find the place very clean. In fact, everybody that visits says it is a very nice facility. I even go downstairs in the basement. There is a coke machine down staris and it is clean and neat down there as well. Every morning, they have chair exercises. They have bingo 3 times a week. Friday nights, they show movies in one of the dining rooms. They have seasonal parties like Easter parties and Saint Patrick Day's parties. They have ice cream socials. They seem to have 2 or 3 things every day. They have a huge main dining room where they have all the big parties and stuff. It is beautiful, two-stories, all wood with big windows, and it sits up on the mountain top so you can look out. The wing my mom is in has a smaller dining room. It happens to be right across the hall from my mother, and that's where my mother goes to eat. My husband and I have eaten there a couple of times, and the food has been delicious.

April 21, 2015

By Cynthia44

The care plan in River Oaks Place was not delivered and administered correctly. The people working there were untrained and under staffed. I liked the independent rooms; however, my mom was in the assisted wing, and the rooms were very undersized. The food was substandard. They could work puzzles, play Bingo, and every other week, they have a social event. They didn’t do outings. It felt more institutional.

Thank you for your response. It is helpful for our team to analyze our resident and family member's opinions and thoughts about their individual experiences at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. We care deeply for our residents and consider it a privilege to be given the honor of caring for them. We realize that although we strive to deliver the utmost quality of life for each resident, they and their family members each have different perceptions, likes, dislikes, and preferences. Communication is key, and we encourage all residents and their family members to connect with the leadership team often, participate in care conferences, as well as participate in the fabulous parties, socials, and outings on the calendar at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City. Additionally, care needs change frequently and residents in Assisted Living and Memory Care are monitored routinely for changes in care needs so that appropriate changes can soon be discussed with the resident and his or her responsible party.

April 18, 2015

By Victoria.james

We placed our Mother at River Oaks Place in Lenoir City about 8 months ago. This was the most difficult decision our family had to face to date. We looked at 3 different communities in Lenoir City and once we walked into River Oaks we knew it was the one. The staff was extremely helpful in assisting us and truly gave us a great sense of relief with their knowledge. The employees are genuine and very involved with the residents, it felt more like a family vs. a facility. We moved in on a Saturday and the Nurse even helped us move our belongings in from the car. We knew Mom would not be happy anywhere but home, which just wasn't possible, however when we call her she is never in her apartment, she is always out at Activities or helping in the gift shop and we as a family enjoy seeing her participate which we get to see on facebook. We had the opportunity to share a meal with Mom this week, and it was wonderful. My daughter is Diabetic and the kitchen staff was quick to prepare her something different so that she could also enjoy dinner with her Grandmother. I just could not be happier with our decision. The employees are angels and River Oaks Place was an answer to our prayers.

April 02, 2015

By VernaDD

I have been very impressed with River Oaks Community. They have a very friendly, helpful staff that have always taken time to address questions or concerns I may have. I have been to some really outstanding parties and events there. It seems like they really go over the top and all of the residents and families have a really good time. They even made a calendar of the residents dressed up and posed as their favorite movies. The residents are so friendly and seem to really love living there. Many of the ones I have talked to have lived there for years. They have a church service and Bible study on Sundays, and family or friends are welcome to eat meals whenever we want which was very important for us in choosing a place. They also allow pets which was a big deal for us as well. We as a family have been really happy with our whole experience, and are thankful for the blessing of peace of mind.

March 31, 2015

Mom was at River Oaks. I would not recommend them at all. They have three levels of care -- the independent living and the assisted living are fine. I've seen the care, the facility, and the food, but my mother was in the Alzheimer's care unit, and they were extremely understaffed, not very attentive. We've seen some things that were absolutely appalling, and when she got sick they had recommended a doctor because he would be on call and come in every week. I really had no problem with that; I thought that would make sense, but when we were going to take her to the appointment, I walked in and I found that she had gotten sick in her bed. That had to be early that morning, and they had not even cleaned it up. Neither had they cleaned her up. They could probably take care of those problems if they added more staff. They were taking care of 8 women with Alzheimer's, and they only had 2 people. So much of the time those people were in the office or in the kitchen that they were not actually interacting with their residents.

Thank you for this feedback. It is useful in our evaluation of resident and family satisfaction. We are aware of this particular situation and have given it thorough attention with our entire care team. This type of incident is isolated and atypical from the consistent high level of personalized care given to our residents in our Memory Care program. We strive to extend loving, and compassionate care to all of our residents. We'd like to educate the public, also, that a care staff ratio of 1 caregiver to 4 residents well exceeds the state regulation, and we are very proud of the longevity of the care staff at our community.

Photos of River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 12:4

• Licenses: Adult Care Home, Residential Home for Aged

About River Oaks Place - Lenoir City

A unique, spacious and gracious environment. The site sits high atop the "old town" of original Lenoir City and enjoys beautiful views of the Tellico Lake and Smoky Mountains, yet is just minutes form the bustling Highway 321 corridor, new Ft. Sanders Loudon County Medical Center, doctors offices, banking, shopping and dining. One and two bedroom apartments, private balconies, large studios and efficiencies, and three large dining rooms, offer floor plans for all lifestyles whether for Independent Living or Assisted Living. Spacious, beautifully furnished, River Oaks Place Lenoir City is elegantly cozy, comfortable and feels like a place you'll want to stay and enjoy. And our low monthly rates will amaze you.

Map of River Oaks Place - Lenoir City