John Knox Village

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of John Knox Village

June 10, 2016

By ArthurUADOV

If the person has the money, it would be nice to retire early at John Knox Village. They go on trips, that you pay for and if you have a doctor’s appointment, that’s all free. They have three different restaurants: a regular dining area with scheduled meals, a coffee shop, and one open 24 hours a day, so if you want a cup of coffee or a hamburger at 2:00 a.m., you just go down there and get it. They are expensive but not out of line. If you’re independent, you can go into a high-rise, multi-level building or a cottage. If you do have to go to assisted living, they have a place for that, too. What I saw of it was about like living in a town. They don’t have any retail in that community but there are quite a few activities just across the street and down across the road, like grocery stores and fast food places, which is nice because you aren’t restricted to just that area. We were looking at a double and single bedrooms with a kitchenette with a refrigerator and a sink. I don’t remember if they had a microwave or not and somehow they don’t provide any stove until you go up to the cottages where they have a stove to prepare your own meals on.

February 15, 2016

By Betty118546050

I'm going to be moving to John Knox Village. My visit was very positive. Everyone was very helpful, cordial, answered all of the questions, and showed me around. I was very pleased. The dining area looked like a regular restaurant, very clean, and very neat. My apartment is very nice. There are many activities. There are two swimming pools, a bowling alley, fishing, golf, and all kinds of clubs.

July 13, 2015

John Knox Village really would be the most interesting to us. We thought it was very adequate, extensive in terms of services. There were variety of living possibilities, so it?s a large enough community that would provide options for community efforts and involvement in what is offered there. It?s close to where our brother lives, plus factor for that community. The staff was a very hospitable person who showed us around; we looked at an apartment, and it would be somewhat to our satisfaction. The rooms were adequate. The place was safe and secure. I know that he had a course that was there that I was very much interested in because I am a singer, so that was interesting for me.

March 18, 2015

John Knox is a very large organization. They cover everything from just apartments to assisted living to nursing home, and they are very prominent here in Lee Summit. I pick them because they have openings, they are reasonable, and they are just right down the road from where I live. It is nice that my parents are in the apartment together with a small kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and a big living room. The staff brings them their medicine. There is a nurse on staff and ENTs next door. All meals are provided, and they say the food is excellent. They have a swimming pool, a golf course, and a fishing pond. They do wood working classes and aerobics. They have all kinds of things.

Photos of John Knox Village

About John Knox Village

Keep your independence. Live each day with confidence, knowing that the help you need with the activities of daily living is close at hand. At Village Assisted Living apartment homes, licensed nurses are available 24/7. Assistance is customized to meet personal needs and schedules with daily tasks like bathing, dressing and medication management. Each spacious apartment offers safety features and room for the furnishings and comforts that make it feel like home — all in the company of friendly neighbors who share your desire to live life to its fullest.

Map of John Knox Village