Fairfield Village of Layton

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Fairfield Village of Layton

Average Rating:

Anonymous114966450 August 05, 2015

We liked Fairfield Village of Layton. We thought it was really good. The rooms were nice, and the people were nice. The rooms were more like apartments. They were a little bit bigger than those in the other places I looked at. The dining area was very nice.

Thank you for sharing your impression and experience with our community. It is always a pleasure to hear the positive experiences our guests have had. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our efforts. We value feedback, and use the information to continually improve the service we provide.

Caring109421250 June 26, 2015

Fairfield Village of Layton was really nice. I was impressed with the staff there. They were very conscious about trying to help us. Overall, it was a place I would go to if I was in a condition that I needed to go. They were very friendly and made sure that had all our questions answered. When we took my mom back there, they were really good with her. I would definitely recommend them to others.

pamela2015 June 16, 2015

There have been a lot of changes here recently. They have new owners and a new director in their assisted living and I just haven't been as impressed as I used to be. It's a nice facility but not as organized as it once was for the most part the staff are still pretty good, though the quality of staff members has gone down a little as well.

Dear pamela2015, Thank you for your feedback of Fairfield Village of Layton assisted living. We take reviews and comments very seriously and are disheartened that your impression of our community has recently changed. We invite you to reach out to us in person so we may visit about your specific concerns. In an ongoing effort to provide the very best service to our residents, we value and appreciate feedback. Without it, we could not continually improve as we strive to. We cherish the opportunity we are given to make a difference to those we serve. Please feel free to call or stop by and visit with our director, Wes Hansen, or myself, Summer Crouch. We hope to visit with you soon. Sincerely, Summer Crouch 801-807-0111

Susan101007850 January 19, 2015

Fairfield Village of Layton offers level 2 of assisted living. Some of the people were really friendly, some of them were a little bit more distant; it was a combination.

Caring100711050 January 13, 2015

We went to Legacy quite new, and it was close to my home, but it was very expensive, and the rooms were really small. The dining area was fine and seemed adequate. The community was very beautiful inside. However, I was disappointed that they didn't tell me when I was there about helping my mother's husband to get in because he was a veteran. They didn't mention that at all and didn't take time to explain that to me. They didn't give me a very good introduction to the place. We met the person at the front, and the lady who showed me around was very quick and didn't take a lot of time. I wasn't impressed with how she handled things at all. They had activities, there were people in the room, and there was a lecture person talking to them about a Country -- like taking them on a slide show tour on a Country.

I thought the community was fine, I just wasn't impressed that they were so high priced compare to the other ones, and that lady didn't care if we liked it or not. She was just very quick. I thought they had enough people there that they don't even worry about trying to get more people there.

We are honored that you would consider our community for your parents. Thank you for your compliment of the beauty inside. We are so sorry we offered you an unsatisfactory introduction. Our marketing team is intimately familiar with the need for true connection and clarity when a family is considering their future options, as it is such an important decision, but the member of our support staff who met with you was not able to fill in adequately and we do apologize. If you would consider another visit, we would be delighted to give you a comprehensive tour to gather a real sense of our wonderful culture, treat you and your guests to a lovely meal, invite your parents to join our residents in an event or activity, or to otherwise answer any questions you have. Our Marketing Director, Summer, and our marketing team can be reached at 801-807-0111. We look forward to earning a good impression

Diane3617 October 17, 2014

Legacy Village was too big for my mother; it easily closed to a 100 residents. It has retirement, assisted, memory, and dementia facilities. It was a nice facility, pretty, but it was big, and they have a lot of options for the room. They had an attractive dining room, but again, it was very large.

Thank you, Diane, for visiting our community! We are delighted you found our campus attractive, if seemingly overly spacious. We like to consider our size an advantage for promoting socializing, supporting a range of activities, and a sense of companionship and community, but understand that sometimes the perfect fit is a smaller more intimate environment. Should you mom gravitate to this in future, we would relish an opportunity to welcome her as part of our family.

blw6yc October 09, 2012

This is an awesome assisted living facility! The building is always clean, meals are always delicious, and the staff is incredible! They are so amazing and take such good care of all of the residents. They recently got a new director and he is so kind and very willing to talk to us. There is no way I could have ever imagined that this quality of care could be provided. This is truly a home-like environment. There memory units, the cottages, are also spectacular and their staff is professionally trained to work with dementia residents! Thank You Legacy Village Assisted Living for taking such great care of my loved one.

How your review warms our heart! We are so proud of our talented teams and the leadership at our community who work together to provide an environment focused on delightful experiences for our residents and on loving professional care. We are honored to have your loved one call our community home.

rkaitlyn May 30, 2012

This facility reached beyond my highest expectations. The interior looked like a hotel and everything was high end. The last thing you would have expected to see was a hospital, rehab, or assisted living facility if you had just seen the interior. It had a clean smell and there were many nurses and employees openly doing their jobs and availible to answer questions. Every employee had a smile on their face and looked genuinely happy to be at work. Interacting with the nurses was just as great. They were as knowledgable as could be. I wasn't very comfortable to have my Grandfather in a facility but after visiting, my mind was eased and I realized he would get the best care there.

It is an extraordinary privilege to care for a person’s loved ones and our employees are a particular wonderful breed that truly loves what they do. They do such a superb job of supporting a culture of excellence and welcome and of making our community a home for our residents. And our residents in turn inspire us all, bring joy to our lives and work, and give us a meaningful purpose. It is a true compliment that your Grandfather is a part of our family.

momof41 April 19, 2012

Legacy Village in Layton is an excellent assisted living facility. The building is well kept and the staff is very friendly. The facility is always clean. The food is good. The rooms are amazing! Each room has its own kitchenette, bathroom and separate bedroom. There is not a "smell" like you find at some other facilities. They have fun activities for residents and provide good meals. The aides and nurses seem to love their jobs and the residents and are very nice to family members and friends.

We are so delighted and touched to read your review! From the campus design, to the employee team, and all the experiences in between that make a community happy healthy home, we are in endless pursuit of excellence and could not be more joyful to hear your experience to be a great one. Thank you!”

nmark007 June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

My grandmother and I toured this facility as she is starting to think about moving into an assisted living center. This is a new facility and it is large. It has all the various stages that elderly people face as you can move into the senior apartments and really have your freedom and independence but then move into other areas of the facility as your medical care needs advance. They offer a number of different activities for seniors and have a large rehab gym for patients that are sent to the facility to recover from hip surgery and other things. The nurses are very attentive and there is a large staff of them, which is nice to see that the patients are getting plenty of attention. As we toured the facility we noticed that many of the rooms we went into had large rooms with really pretty mountain views. They are all modern and very clean and the overall feeling of the facility is welcoming and inviting.

We are so pleased you and your grandmother toured our community and found our nursing and therapy teams to be genuinely devoted and dedicated to our residents and rehabilitation guests. They certainly are. And, yes, the Wasatch Mountains are a spectacular backdrop – we are very lucky! Thank you for taking the time to get to know us and our range of services and care options. If someday we can be of service to your family, we are here for you. And thank you for such a kind review.”

From Fairfield Village of Layton

Fairfield Village of Layton is a senior living facility located in Layton, Utah, a growing town of more than 73,000 residents nestled at the base of the Wasatch Mountains. Fairfield Village is owned and operated by Generations, a company that’s provided senior care for 70 years.

Today, the company's community in Layton provides homes and healthcare services for residents from mostly upper-middle-class backgrounds—including military veterans and their surviving spouses--who are seeking retirement living accommodations, assisted living, memory care and rehabilitation services. Rent ranges from $3,000 to $5,100 per month and is based on residents' care needs and amenities.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Fairfield Village offers a range of studios plus one- and two-bedroom apartments from which to choose. Each living space has a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator, an emergency call system, individually controlled heating and air conditioning and access to all of the facility's amenities.

The campus includes a community television room, a general store, beauty and barbershops and a library. Most residents eat meals in a shared dining room, although residents can also have meals delivered directly to their apartments. Housekeeping and laundry services for clothing and linens are also available.

The facility's location on the edge of the Wasatch Mountains provides ample opportunities to enjoy natural views, and the campus includes a walking path for exercising, socializing and spending time with pets, which residents are allowed to bring to live at the community.

HEALTHCARE

Fairfield Village provides a broad range of healthcare services, including medication management, on-site nurses 24 hours a day, physical therapy and short- and long-term rehabilitation for those recovering from illness or injury. Residents with dementia receive specialized treatment in the community’s memory care center.

Residents who need acute or specialized medical care can be treated at Davis Hospital and Medical Center, which is a short drive from Fairfield Village of Layton and offers cancer care, diabetes care, diagnostic imaging, heart care, orthopedics, pain management and more.

HEALTH PROGRAMS

Fairfield Village of Layton offers residents a wellness program that’s focused on physical fitness. Residents may take classes from certified instructors in a space that is designed to be safe and comfortable for seniors with different ability levels. The goal of the program is to keep residents physically strong, healthy and living as independently as possible for as long as possible.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

Fairfield Village residents have numerous opportunities to participate in organized activities and events. The facility staff offers fitness, arts, woodworking and crafting classes. Musicians are frequently invited to perform and local experts host lectures and discussions at the community. Other community activities include book clubs, Wii sports competitions, yoga groups and opportunities for guests to cook their favorite meals for friends and neighbors.

Staff also organize offsite outings to nearby restaurants and shops. Popular destinations include Antelope Island State Park, the Centerpoint Legacy Theater, the Hive Winery and the Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve, which is a boardwalk that takes visitors through one of the country's largest stopover points for migrating birds from throughout North America.

Features of Fairfield Village of Layton

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,300/month

• Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: AL Type II licensure

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Fairfield Village of Layton