Brookdale Ten Oaks

3610 SE Huntington Circle, Lawton, OK, 73501

Reviews of Brookdale Ten Oaks

Caring88472150 July 19, 2014

Ten Oaks seemed like a really nice place. The lady we talked to was very nice. I have called her and talked to her several times, and she was really concerned about me. We were able to walk over the dining area, and it looked nice and clean. Overall, it seemed like it would have been a nice place to stay, and I enjoyed the visit.

Caring88468950 July 07, 2014

Ten Oaks is a very nice facility. The people are very kind here. They all have been very good. They're very generous with their portions, and the place is clean. Everybody has a good attitude, which is very beneficial. There are lots of people to talk to. We have games, we go on bus trips, and I still have my car, so I use it to go visit friends. There are some problems, but they take care of them, usually, one by one. The room is very comfortable. It's spacious, has plenty of storage areas, and you're not crowded.

rodfitts September 13, 2012

I had interesting visits to Ten Oaks. I thought the Ten Oaks staff was treating my great-grandmother and other residents very well. I explored the facility a bit, and saw all the ways that they assisted the residents with daily activities. They ensured that the residents were as comfortable as possible, taking care of the chores and general cleanliness of the rooms for them. They also prepared restaurant-quality food three times a day, as well as snacks throughout the day to guarantee that they always had a chance to eat something. The rooms are skillfully designed to evoke a sense of space, which I think prevented residents from feeling cramped or trapped. The various furniture and other luxuries within the facility were all of high-quality, and I'm sure that it enriched the enjoyment the residents had there. My great-grandmother has had a wonderful time there, and I'm sure the current and future residents will continue to have pleasant times there as well.

annemcloskey July 24, 2012

My Uncle Robert had a life-altering accident last year that rendered him deaf and affected his memory. For months he had no idea who any of our family was, or even who he was. Towards the beginning of 2012 he started getting better and because all of our family was miles away, we immediately started looking into assisted living facilities. In March I went and visited Ten Oaks in Lawton, Oklahoma and was blown away with the dedication and love put into the place. They really focused on the specific disabilities that he had and helped us to better understand his needs. The facility was located in a nice area, and included many of the same activities he enjoyed pre-accident. They took care of the cleaning and "chores" and even had classes to assist residents with memory revival (which was very important to us). Ten Oaks is really a fantastic home for those unable to support themselves mentally or physically, and offers the best in care and entertainment. Unfortunately My Uncle Robert passed away this past April so he was not able to move in, but we definitely would have chosen Ten Oaks. It is really a wonderful, wonderful place.

Traci1 May 16, 2012

I really think the facility is a good one. They provide around the clock care for their residents. The faculty is extremely friendly and does a good job with all the patients. The facility is clean and offers a variety of activities for the residents that will keep them entertained. They offer games such as bingo and cards. Also, they residents are given many opportunities to socialize with the other residents. The rooms are decent sized. They contain a decent sized living space/room, a bathroom, and a kitchenet. There is also a barber shop on sight for the residents to use whenever they want. I also like the fact that the residents are given snacks throughout the day and are not forced to eat at an assigned time. They are allowed to eat whenever they are hungry. Also, the facility has an area where a preacher will come to the site on Sundays for church.

commercesd February 07, 2012

We visited the Ten Oaks assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the Lawton area. It looked like a nice motel as we drove up.

The lush greenery around the building offered some nice seating for residents to enjoy safely. The main entryway had a calming, yet beautiful decor and led into a nicely furnished room with comfortable and inviting furniture.

The main dining room had plenty of space with lots of light and nice furnishings. The food looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets.

Healthy snacks are offered all day and available whenever requested. The private dining room had long, community style seating where formal dinners and private gatherings could be held. There was also a billiard room.

The comfortable library had plenty of easy access chairs of many kinds. There was also a large room with long tables where seniors could enjoy snacks, do crafts and socialize.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

The grounds outside offer easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. There is also enough space to have parties and picnics.

Communal rooms were spacious, with very7 comfortable furniture and a calm decor. The seniors can socialize, play games and make crafts in many of the rooms. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation.

The fitness equipment was located in a casual room that also had nice tables to relax at in between exercising. They also offer exercise classes regularly.

The seniors can also get a lot of exercise when they go on nature walks and trips into town to enjoy to art, music and local culture. They also get to experience the many casual and fine dining establishments.

The residents looked very content in this nicely designed living environment and it was clear that the kind staff was very competent and saw to their needs well.

jenmac10 July 31, 2011

When my grandfather died, my grandmother moved into Ten Oaks assisted living facility. I thought that the living facility was clean, however the staff was less than helpful. My grandmother (who was dying of heart failure) could never get anyone on the phone. Otherwise, she thoroughly enjoyed living there. The grounds were always clean and manicured. She said that she had the freedom of home but with the assistance of a nursing home. Her favorite places to spend her time were in the garden area and the library. She also enjoyed the built in social circle that Ten Oaks was able to provide for her that she wouldn't have had otherwise. She was able to take her dog with her, which was good for her. The month to month rental policy was also very nice because she lived on a budget. Overall, a very nice facility for those who need it.

From Brookdale Ten Oaks

Brookdale Ten Oaks provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Lawton, OK community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Ten Oaks can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Ten Oaks is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Lawton, OK community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Ten Oaks