Brookdale Lawrenceville

1000 River Centre Pl, Lawrenceville, GA, 30043

Reviews of Brookdale Lawrenceville

Scheryl July 07, 2014

I met the activities director of Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens, and her schedule was really good. We went there twice, and it was during a mealtime. We didn't eat, but people were eating because I did want to see how they were served and how people were sitting, so that was all good. Everything looked good and smelled good, so I am sure it was fine. Activities were posted, the activities director was upbeat, and everybody was kind. That was what I saw happening. All of their staff was especially friendly; everybody spoke to us. Everybody, even people we passed in the hall, was nice. They were smiling, courteous, and they all looked like they were happy sitting at work. Nobody seemed grumpy. Everybody was doing their job, and everybody seemed very content. There were visitors that we met there, and they were happy, and then they were like, "Oh, your mother will like it here. I love coming here." So I had positive feedback even from people who were visiting their relatives there.

Janis5 April 01, 2014

Mom went to Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens. The facility is very warm and friendly. They encourage the residents to participate in the activities. Their rooms are nice and big. The staff are very caring. I like the warm atmosphere when I go there. They are unique because their residents have formed a welcoming committee, so when a new resident comes in, that committee takes them under their wings and shows them around and answers questions. They do memory games, dominos, and bingo. They also do a little basketball. They also have arts and crafts. I would recommend this place.

randy11 March 19, 2014

I don't think there's much to change in Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens. From what I've saw, it didn’t feel like a typical rest home environment. I liked the atmosphere, it seemed like a pretty well kept and run place. The residents seemed content and happy there. My dad's accommodation is very nice and suitable for him. The staff is very friendly. They offer him laundry, daily check-ups, medication and ensuring he gets the meals. I tried the food, it was good. There are lots of activities going on for the residents. They have sing-a-longs, exercise, bingo and crafts. Another thing I'm impressed with is the resident nurse that they have all the time. She's new, but there's another one that has been there for all her career as a nurse. It tells me that it’s the place one wants to me, not just the residents but the staff included.

Faye3 February 26, 2014

Emeritus was a very nice facility but it didn?t fit our needs at this time. We only visited the main area, they didn't have any vacant rooms at the time. The dining room was very nice, it was large. What I liked best was the fact that it was a small facility, not huge and also that it was close into the Lawrenceville area. The staff was very professional.

Mariane3 September 25, 2013

Emeritus at Courtyard Gardens was a very nice place. The backyard area looked like a beautiful park. The facility itself was a bit small which was better as it was more intimate. The food was fine and was specifically geared to the elderly as they don't put a lot of sodium and stuff like that.

Jill7 June 26, 2013

Courtyard Gardens is a great place and the price was right too. It's less expensive, but it was nice. My father likes it. He likes the food and the people. The staff were great. They have an apartment and it's very nice.

caring0225213 March 08, 2013

Courtyard Gardens is excellent. The facility is clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating.

dansmith46 June 25, 2012

The facilities looked nice enough, but they could add a few more activities and social events for people to participate in. People often seem bored. Our friend is very upbeat though for medical purposes he needs assisted living. The caretakers seem pretty nice, and he tells us he is treated equitably. I wish he had a few more friends there, but maybe in time he will get a few more. The facility was clean, though it did smell some as most assisted living facilities do. I think it is a good fit for him, but I would like to see him moved to a more all-inclusive type of experience that provides him with a fuller day-to-day life experience.

Chili Magoo March 28, 2012

I visited Courtyard Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA. to see for myself the facility and the programs it offers its residents. I was impressed by the home.The staff seemed to genuinely care about the residents. I worked for a different facility many years ago and because of how terrible it was, I was hesitant to ever have a loved one placed in a home. Courtyard Gardens was different. The residents I encountered seemed happy and most were busy doing activities of one sort or another. They get taken on trips, play games, participate in fitness activities, create gifts for their loved ones in crafting classes, and stuff like that. By the end of the visit, I felt very satisfied with the quality of the establishment. If you have fears and impressions of what you think an assisted living home is like, I encourage you to check out Courtyard Gardens.

Luxy October 14, 2011

I visited Courtyard Gardens in Lawrenceville, GA. to check out the facility and the programs it has to offer its' residents. I must say that I was impressed by the home. It had an "at home" feel to it and the staff seemed to genuinely care about the residents. I worked for a different facility many years ago and because of how terrible it was, I was hesitant to ever have a loved one placed in a home. Courtyard Gardens was recommended by a friend who convinced me that this residence was different from those of the past. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was right. The residents I encountered seemed happy and most were busy doing activities of one sort or another. They get taken on trips, play games, participate in fitness activities, create gifts for their loved ones in crafting classes, etc. By the end of the visit, I felt better knowing that there was a place available for my parents (should it ever be needed) that had a the feel of home and a real since of community. If you have fears and impressions of what you think an assisted living home is like, I encourage you to check out Courtyard Gardens. I don't believe you will be dissapointed.

From Brookdale Lawrenceville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Lawrenceville

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Staff patient ratio: 15 to 1
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State License(s): PCH007775

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid