Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace

5500 NW 69th Avenue, Lauderhill, FL, 33319

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace

Sam16 April 19, 2015

Forest Trace is a unique form and friendly independent living facility. It was designed and built by a family that originally owned hotels and entertainment centers. They also have some assisted living facility setup more like a resort than a typical convalescent center. They have a dining room where they served your meals with a waiter. There’s a different menu every day and different things every day. They are very kind, and the cleaning staff does a wonderful job. They’re always disinfecting everything. They offer a lot of activities that you may or may not participate in up to your abilities. They have a lot of parking and many independent people there still drive. They have nurses and staff fulltime.

They have bingo, book room and entertainment every night. They also have a beauty salon, nail salon, and a little store. The fun thing I think for everybody there is they have a happy hour, where they all come down and they have a cocktail before dinner. It’s just a very nice, pleasant facility with beautiful grounds, and a pool. They have a beautiful independent lifestyle. Every night they have something like playing piano, singing songs, comedians in the lobby, and plays and different entertainments in a separate building like an opera house. The food is really good. For breakfast there’s a huge buffet, and there is no lunch, but dinner is very fancy; they serve restaurant style. They have buses if they want to go somewhere and pick you up.

My mother has a one bedroom. It has a small kitchen table for two, a refrigerator, a garbage disposal, a nice balcony, and a full bath. The bathroom has a special tub that’s easy for seniors to walk in and out of. Once a week, they come in and clean. The unit has its own washer and dryer, and you can do small laundry; very nice setting. This place is like a cruise ship.

In terms of security, nothing has been stolen for the three years my mother has been there. It is not a memory care facility; people come and go. They have a gate, and they have a special permit. The security is not an issue.

Jeanne26 March 31, 2015

Everything about Forest Trace is absolutely 5-star. It’s like a 5-star hotel; it’s magnificent and it’s clean. It is really nice there and amazing. They have bingo, a swimming pool, and exercises classes. I absolutely recommend the facility. The lady that I worked for is very happy there

Caring97814950 March 30, 2015

My father is in Forest Trace. It has a section for independent living and a section for assisted living. The independent living has a lot of activities. They have a library and a card room. They have a beautiful dining room. They have movies and live entertainment in the evening. They have a large pool. They have a tennis court, and they have playing greens. However, when somebody is in the assisted living, those things become, I think, less important. My father has moved from the independent living to the assisted living, and those facilities are still available, but he is not capable of using those facilities, so it is not that important to him.

They have different choices of rooms. They have one-bedroom facilities, and they all have private baths. They have a small terrace, a bedroom, and a kitchen. Then they have two bedrooms. Each resident has their own bedroom and bathroom, but they share a common kitchen and living room. I think the food is very good. In the independent living, they have 2 meals a day, and in the assisted living, they have 3 meals a day. I don't know what the breakfast menu is like, but the dinner menu has a variety of choices, and they are all quite good. I think the staff is very qualified, attentive, and quite good. One of the important thing is that Forest Lake -- for the same facilities and the same care compare to the other one I visited -- is probably 20% to 25% less expensive. I feel like it is a much more affordable and reasonable community.

Caring79615350 May 11, 2014

Although Forest Trace was one of the expensive facilities in the area, it was very nice. I had a friend who lived there, and she paid about $4500 per month. She had two bedrooms with a private bath each, a living room, and a kitchenette. She had a full-time nurse, also. The people who worked there were nice. The dining room was really classy, and it felt like you were in a classy restaurant. I ate there a couple of times, and the food was good. There was a separate dining room for residents who were in wheelchairs. They had good programs, like bingo, cards, mahjong, dancing, cocktail hour every Friday, shows every Saturday night, and some really good entertainment. However, the residents were getting older and older. There were residents in pretty bad shape, which was depressing, and it was more like a nursing home.

Caring74166350 November 27, 2013

I can describe Forest Trace as a well run facility. The people there seemed to be very happy. Everything we saw was positive. I have friends there that are influencing us to sign up for this facility.

Gene7 October 06, 2013

I had dinner at Forest Trace a couple of times and it was very good. I'm moving in. I won't have to worry about my meals and about cleaning people coming in. They clean up and they do my laundry for me. The rooms are very nice. They're not exceptional but they're not bad.

Arnold4 September 29, 2013

My parents have been in Forest Trace for about 12 years now. They're 103 and 104, they're getting weaker and weaker and they haven't been eating much lately. The facility has breakfast and dinner prepared. However, my parents are so weak they don't even go down anymore and their aides make food in their apartment there for them. The facility does not provide round the clock care individually so we have aides coming in to help with their care. I would recommend Forest Trace for people who are somewhat younger and more mobile than my parents.

Ronnie1 September 21, 2013

Forest Trace is an ideal place to live in. This was the last place we visited and, right then and there, I knew this was the place for my mom. In fact, she has already left a deposit there. It is a gated community. It is on a 73-acre of land and it is kept immaculately clean. The community is bright, exciting and friendly. It is also more modern and a lot more up-to-date than most places are. The apartments are the biggest that we have seen. The dining room is like a fine dining restaurant. We didn't stay for the food but we were invited though. They also invited us to join their happy hour. They had a singer performing at that time. Overall, Forest Trace is just a perfect place. It may cost more money, but it is worth every penny.

perthette August 15, 2013

My parents live in this community. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The staff is wonderful. It's like a family. There is a Wellness Center which the residents have access to. In case of emergency someone from the Wellness Center is always there.The entertainment is good and appropriate for their audience. In my opinion the food tries too hard to be gourmet, Generally, I think simpler less saucy recipes would be better. On the other hand the menu offers many choices so there's always something for everyone. The common areas are always being updated and cared for and are very clean. The apartments themselves, could use some updating. Forest Trace was a good choice for my family. My parents are safe and well cared for. I don't think it gets much better.

William12 July 30, 2013

The apartments at Forest Trace are mediocre. They have 1-size apartment and that's about it. They have a new director there. The food is I think the best. It's the best you'll find. The people were nice and the activities as well as entertainment were excellent. They have famous entertainers that would come out, but it was not the kind that I was interested in. I stayed there for almost a year.

RockinErica July 06, 2012

My grandmother was a resident here until her passing last year. The staff were always kind and caring but the thing that made her choose living here as opposed to a traditional 55+ community such as Century Village was the staffs sense of fun. My grandmother was a lively mischievous woman and every other facility and community we visited left her feeling as if they considered her feeble and disposable. Not so here. The staff didn't just care for her, they played with her and went along with her antics. Never once did I visit and have her tell me she was bored - Thank you for making the twilight of her life just as much of a crazy fun ride as the rest of it.

Sun7Shine April 10, 2012

Forest Trace is a high class assisted living facility (ALF) with numerous amenities. The ALF offers clients their own room, has a pleasant dining area with a variety of healthy and gourmet foods and has a wide variety of activities. The activities include exercise classes, games, live music entertainment shows and a variety of movies in a theatrical setting. The ALF also has periodic community outings. The ALF staff honor resident birthdays with a balloons and cards. The ALF has well maintained landscape which contains a variety of plants and manmade bodies of water. The ALF has a very classy and attractive interior with numerous indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Sometimes live piano playing performances occur in the main lobby of the ALF. The only negative experience was with some of the staff. I observed an employee whom may have been a CNA yelling at an elderly female resident. Other ALF office staff was also rude when spoken to and asked for assistance.

statesmen23 August 03, 2011

Forest Trace has a country club type atmosphere. There is free golf at the course next door, bike trails, tennis courts, and a heated olympic-size swimming pool are just some of the outdoor activites to enjoy. There is happy hour each night in the piano bar. The Grossinger Theater will bring back memories of the Catskills with top comedy, song, and dance acts entertaining residents. The friendly housekeeping staff is always busy cleaning resident apartments because weekly cleaning is included! The active lifestyle at Forest Trace will keep you feeling younger than your age!

ima mess July 27, 2011

Forest Trace is a wonderful and caring community. The sales staff and the wait staff will bend over backwards to fill your every need. We moved there 2 months ago and are VERY happy.

From Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace

Don't settle for ordinary. Escape to Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace in the Fort Lauderdale area. Our community has been designed specifically for discerning individuals who expect more out of life.

At Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace, you will enjoy an exclusive independent living lifestyle provided in stunning settings; a lifestyle rich in services, special amenities, breathtaking beauty and endless possibilities.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• State License(s): 7448