Brookdale Colonie

626 Watervliet Shaker Road, Latham, NY, 12110

Reviews of Brookdale Colonie

June 30, 2015

By Golfer Greg

I recently visited my grandmother from out of town. The first thing I noticed when pulling up was residents sitting outside enjoying the weather. The building and maintenance was very clean and well kept! As I entered I was greeted right away and noticed more residents enjoying snacks and was really cute! The rooms were an ideal size and the staff seemed pleasant. Mike the sales manager made this possible for my family and was extremely genuine throughout this difficult and personal transition. If you are looking for a place for your loved one, give Mike a call. We trust our family in Brookdales care!

May 31, 2015

Emeritus at Colonie Manor was nice, and the staff seemed very nice. The people seemed to be well taken care of. The rooms were very small, and the facility was a little tired. It was little older, but I thought that the care there was probably excellent. Maybe the overall looked of the place could use a little freshening up. However, the cleanliness was very good. I would recommend that people go look at it and see if it would fit their needs. It was more modest. It was older, but also the cost was more reasonable. If you were looking for a place that was really going to take care of your parent, I thought that that's an excellent place to go. I thought it was a very solid place, and I thought the manager was really great.

February 26, 2015

By Patti54

My husband and I toured Colonie Manor after hearing about it through a friend. We were looking for a place for my Mom and all of the staff were wonderful. Mike the director spent a lot of time with us and explained the whole process. Location was perfect, but my Mother needed full nursing care. Would recommend this community to anyone in need.

February 05, 2015

By Belle6

Rooms are incredibly small. We paid for the "extra" care which was almost never delivered. Food was disappointing. It is obvious to me that some of these reviews are fraudulently written by Colonie Manor Staff! Look elsewhere for a place for your loved one.

January 12, 2015

By Alexandra4

We just had a tour here in Emeritus at Colonie Manor. There was nothing that I can say specifically that I disliked about it. It is very well furnished. This is one of the three facilities that I visited which I can say is the most expensive and the best in terms of physical facilities. The rooms have updated bathrooms, and it's very nicely furnished, very well decorated, and really quite luxurious. My husband and I thought there was something walking in there that made us felt stifled. I can't give you a good obvious reason why I didn't like it. But after the tour, both my husband and I felt the same way. I don't think the care there is very good either. That is my impression.

December 06, 2014

By LovelyLady26

The people at Emeritus all said that they liked it a lot, and they were very happy to be there, but I didn’t like it. I went in a couple of rooms; it was an older facility and not quite as up to date. The staff was very nice. The administrator was really on top of things; they were very sharp and very, very nice. There was a lot good about it. They do take respite which very few do, and they had different levels of care there.

October 15, 2014

Emeritus is a little dated. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, I would probably give it a 6 for cleanliness. Compared to other facilities, I would not put it on the top, there is only the minimal amount of staff that care for the amount of people that lived there. As an example recently I was asking about housekeeping and one of the housekeepers was an irregular and told me they just hired a person. I tried the food one time and I would say it’s mediocre. Dad doesn’t complain about it, but he has some dementia. The other people that live there encourage him to participate in activities, and one of the big senior citizens' best options there is playing Wii bowling. But, they probably need to update some of the basic things that they have in the rooms like the closet. The doors are half-working, the bathrooms are a bit dated, the cabinets that they have could be changed, and thet could have more staff.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at to discuss them in greater detail.

October 02, 2014

I had a quick visit at Emeritus at Colonie Manor. The apartments were not really spacious, but they were nice. Their dining room is pretty. When I was there, they were having karaoke.

September 24, 2014

My mother is in Emeritus. The staff was friendly and nice. They helped setup my mother in her room The new management is friendly, but the housekeeping is not what I expected. The cleaning is not done to our satisfaction. My mother is happy with the food. They really don’t have a fully adequate library or media rooms, but mom watches TV and goes down to different games.

June 26, 2014

Emeritus is all in one building and on one floor. I can bring my pets. It looks like everybody there is happy. They brought me a couple of meals to my house.

May 10, 2014

By Mary Ann10

Emeritus at Colonie Manor seemed like a pleasant place. It looked like a nice, clean, and caring place. The staff seemed to be good. There were a lot of good activities for the seniors. The dining room looked nice, and the meals looked good. However, the rooms were kind of small. The place was large; maybe it was too large for a senior. There were too many people, but I wouldn't discount it. Everyone looked content.

December 26, 2013

We have my mom at Emeritus at Colonie Manor. It was one of's recommendations. The place is small, which is a good thing especially if there are ambulatory issues. The staff is great. They're very friendly and very helpful. Mom hasn't been there long enough to make any kind of judgment; however, I didn't have any real difficulties with them.

September 12, 2012

It is one of the best facilities i ever visited.I got a chance to meet the residents of the facility and they all looked quite relieved and happy.Evereything in this facility is just great and in a very organised manner.Residents are enjoying their lives there.Staff and management are thorough professionals and take care of the every requirement of the residents. Food quality is fine and menu is balanced and nutritious.Daily health checkups are conducted.They also have activities which everyone participate and they even have facilities like internet, library, laundry and other misc.Overall, I would rate this facility very high and recommend it for all old but loved ones.

February 28, 2012

By white ben

This nursing facility has been personally visited by me couple of months ago along with my grand mother. I also happened to meet the residents and get their opinion. I found this facility a real home with neat and tidy atmosphere. Residents are enjoying all perks and privileges with supreme respect and dignity. Staff and management are thorough professionals who are giving their 100 % to make the facility a success. Activities have been planned to let everyone participate with his heart out and enjoy the daily routine. Food quality is fine and menu is balanced and nutritious. Health facility is available in the form of near hospitals. Nursing staff inside the complex is available round the clock to take care of old and patients. Internet, library, laundry and other misc facilities are readily available to meet the requirements of people. Overall, I would rate this facility very high and recommend it for all old but loved ones.

Photos of Brookdale Colonie

Features of Brookdale Colonie

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Overall:

• Licenses: ALR

About Brookdale Colonie

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Conveniently located in the town of Colonie, New York. We are minutes away from Albany, Schenectady, Troy and Saratoga County and all the area has to offer! Our ideal location makes trips to shopping, dining, parks and cultural events very convenient and allows for tremendous opportunity. We are a hop skip and a jump away from Albany, Schenectady, Troy and Southern Saratoga County!

Map of Brookdale Colonie