Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

8374 West Capovilla Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89113

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

LorettaHNXXZ May 11, 2016

Pacifica Senior Living was excellent. The dining room was great and felt like going to a very exclusive restaurant. It was very nicely done. They had a movie theater and outings at least once a week.

You really made our day today. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Hazel8 December 17, 2015

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin seemed nice, but there's no way I can afford it. The lady that showed me around had started just that week, so she didn't know too much. But she did know the price, and it starts out at over $3,000, and I can't afford $3,000 a month. They showed us around the different things they had there, and I know they had church services and movies.

Cynthia116388450 December 17, 2015

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living San Martin was very professional and caring, but not pushy, which was important to my boyfriend. We talked to about four of the residents, and we were quite surprised at how open they were about the things that they really enjoyed there. Everybody had wonderful things to say about the staff and the facility. They had a lot of amenities, like a gym, planned trips around the area, connections to cruises, and bus trips. They offer a lot of different classes, not just in physical therapy, like craft classes and other things that might interest elderly seniors. The only drawback we found is that they do not have covered parking. As a whole, I thought it was a wonderful facility.

Caring110639550 July 21, 2015

My mother has been living in Pacifica San Martin for the last month, and it has been pretty rocky. She went there twice directly from rehab. She was about three weeks out from a significant stroke, and I feel that she was not as medically stable as they are used to receiving at that facility. I was over there all the time, and within eight days of her being there, she had another stroke. She was quite sleepy, and they did check on her frequently, but the fact that she just wanted to sleep all the time went rather undetected, and she got very dehydrated and that contributed to the next stroke. There was also some confusion around her medication administration. She was not medically stable enough that their system could respond to the quick changes in her medication regime. We were not going to give her a blood thinner dose for the day until we had the home health nurse come and check her INR. The nurse came, we got the reading, and as I went to find the nurse and tell her what the result was and what the doctor wanted them to do with her medication, my mother went to the dining room to have dinner, and they gave her the evening dose of blood thinner. The doctor had faxed over orders to hold the blood thinner and not give her any for that day because her blood was too thin. So, the system wasn't talking to each other in a timely enough fashion to prevent something like that from happening. A resident should probably be pretty rock solid stable medically before going into this kind of living environment. I feel like I was overpromised.

The rooms are very nice, and the bathrooms are gorgeous. The facility itself is beautiful. It really does entice you to put your loved one there. The residents all appear immaculately cared for -- the ones that are out and about. Everyone is well dressed and clean, and it is a cheerful place. The residents seem to be real happy there. There are loads of activities -- movies, trivia, bingo, book club, card games, church services, a beauty salon on the premises, they had a lady that comes once a month and sings, a lot of musical activities, and shopping trips to Wal-Mart or to the drugstore. The quality of the food is very nice to even exceptional, but they're a little lax on their abilities to provide medical diets. The longer we've been there, the more I'm pretty convinced that she is not getting a low sodium diet, and that's something that I have to address. Also, there was a little bit of overpromise on the food availability.

When my mom had her second stroke at Pacifica, the medication tech had come to give her her morning dose of medication and as my mother sat up to take her medicine, she was struck with intense vertigo. Instead of the medication tech immediately calling a nurse to come and evaluate her, she said she'll come back later and give her her medicine. Two hours later, she came back. My mother was too out of it to even hit a call button for help. I went over, I assessed her, and I called 911 for her to go to the emergency room.

Caring101665250 November 13, 2014

I am living now at Pacifica Senior Living. It is clean with beautiful windows, which I need for my birds, and my birds are my children. The staff is very nice. The people here are very nice. The food goes up and down. Sometimes it is really good and sometimes it is not good, but then, you have a menu that you can pick-up and you don't have to stick to what they are giving you. We have transportation that takes us to doctor's appointments, Mondays to Wednesdays. Thursdays to Sundays, they take us on trips to stores, casino, park, you know, they take us all over. They have a lot of activities here. I have been here for two and a half years here, and it will be three years in January. I love this, but right now we are having problem with the food going up and down and we just gonna have to see about that. I guess Pacifica has a certain supplier that they buy from, and it is tweaking getting the proper food here. We pay a lot of money and we expect to have decent food. They are working on trying to get the proper food in here.

Caring63183950 September 10, 2014

A friend of mine moved to Willow Creek and I noticed when I visited her that the people there were very cold. When I went there with my beautiful poodle -- people usually said when they saw the poodle, "Oh what a beautiful animal" or whatever -- however, the people there were sitting outside, not a smile or anything. They were not unpleasant, but it's very odd they didn't say one word. She lived there for a year or two and she knew some people, but not like in the placed I stayed.

We ate there and the food there was wonderful, like in a restaurant. The dining facility was nice. It was expensive, but they were very good assisted living. However, it didn't have any patio outside.

Dean4 March 28, 2014

Willow Creek was smaller, a little older, but more comfortable and more homey. Everybody is friendly. Everybody knew everybody's name. All the people and residents are helped in whatever they needed. There was a junior suite that's very nice that has a bedroom, a little sitting room, kitchenette and bathroom. It's very comfortable. They have bingo. They have a little library, a room dedicated to movies and a place to do hair and nails. The dining room is quite adequate for a fair number of people. Very nicely setup. They have a hot table and they make it into a buffet for salads. They have a pretty good menu when I looked at it.

It looked clean. There are people working all the time making sure it's clean. It's so much better than all the others. There's a very large patio in the back just off the dining room. If they'd had it covered, it would be probably an improvement but that would be a big task.

Caring40763950 March 27, 2014

Everything in Willow Creek is very nice, and I moved here because I like the price. The staff and the rooms are very nice.

Caring8857 November 20, 2013

Willow Creek was really nice but the cost was really expensive. A friend of mine recommended that we check it out so we went; we looked at it and it was beautiful. They have valet parking and it?s like staying at a 5-diamond hotel. When you walk in, it has this great, big entry and the dining room is off to the back. The dining room is very nicely setup with tables and big, high wing back chairs. I loved it all and I thought it was a great, nice place to put my mom but there?s no way we could have afforded that.

Cass1 August 15, 2013

In my opinion, Willow Creek at San Martin was the best facility in the city. It had nice large rooms. It had the best dining room with the best menu. The food was the best I had tasted. The only thing that I didn't like was that they didn't have the room that I described where I could bake. But they had everything else and that was perfect. The staff was very nice. I couldn't find any better staff than them. I liked the architectural design of the place. I would definitely recommend this place.

Marla3 June 28, 2013

Willow Creek was very nice. The facility was beautiful but it was kind of dark may be because there wasn't a lot of windows. But it was very well maintained. My mom wasn't impressed with the food. We met a couple of staff members and they were very nice.

Sharon20 May 16, 2013

I absolutely love Willow Creek. My aunt was in there at one time. It's a beautiful place. It's family-operated. I really enjoyed the tour and they did not pressure me at all. They were very good and very kind. Everything was good in there. They were comparable in price as well.

Caring 0794 March 22, 2013

Willow Creek appears to have good facilities, better food and have more activities for residents. The rooms were nice.

Mac1992 July 06, 2012

I thought the facility was fairly nice. All of the amenities were geared towards the elderly. ie: bathroom fixtures, hand rails, wheelchair ramps. The staff there was really nice as well. The had a nurse at the facility 24 hours a day as well as an MD on call. What I liked about the facility was that is was simply an apartment complex that catered to the elderly. My grandmother was able to get the help she needed while maintaining her dignity. They planned tons of activities to keep her busy. They provided meals for those that did not want to cook. Even though she was able to drive she chose not to. The facility did have a shuttle that the residence could use to go to doctors appointments, shopping or any other activity they wanted to do. I liked this facility so much that my wife and I are trying to convince her mother to move down here and live in this facility.

jl1 May 30, 2012

This assisted living program was great for my great grandmother. She would say I love it here. Everyone is so nice to me and helps me all the time when needed. They helped my great grandmother be able to get her memory to a point where she remembered her family and did it very respectfully. She was well taken care of. I wouldnt wish for her to be in any other assited living facility.

VegasGuy May 29, 2012

Contrary to what the other reviewer here has said, this place is the opposite of gloomy--it is classy and beautiful. There are no shared rooms here, so the reviewer must have been talking about another facility. Willow Creek at San Martin is the newest assisted living facility in town, handicap accessible in all apartments, public rooms, etc., beautifully decorated and maintained. Food is consistently good if not great, and it's plentiful. Staff are very kind, helpful, and personable. Management is very hands-on and available. This is much feels much more like an apartment complex than a nursing home. Anyone of any age with care needs would be lucky to live here.

From Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin has been specifically created and thoughtfully designed for social seniors who want to maintain an active lifestyle with the surroundings and comforts of home. Our senior community uses a personalized program of care, moving away from task-oriented and moving toward person-centered care. We believe in getting to know each individual that we serve, learning their life story. We use this knowledge about their life and who they are to customize our care to fit the person.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned in the Las Vegas area, a reputation built on strong family values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available.

At Pacifica Senior Living San Martin, you will enjoy an exclusive retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning settings; a lifestyle rich in services, special amenities, breathtaking beauty and endless possibilities. We offer an active and open approach to assisted living by providing a wide variety of activities, fine food, elegant suites and beautiful courtyards.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: 55