Heritage Springs

8720 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89147

Reviews of Heritage Springs

Kathryn19 February 16, 2016

We visited Heritage Springs, and we walked away feeling kind of cold because we did not see anybody. There were no residents outside when we were there. The lady at the desk, she was just kind of cold or shy. She kind of dismissed us right away, and passed us on to somebody else. They have a nice, large apartment; but we were just not impressed with the staff that we saw. The entire tour, we did not see any residents anywhere which is very unusual. The cleanliness of the facility is okay. I did not get the impression that it is a happy place. Their price is so expensive too.

Brienna January 29, 2016

We didn’t see anybody walking around; like, no residents. The person at the front desk, I believe she was the manager, didn’t seem too interested in the fact that we were there. The person who showed us around was nice, and she was helpful in guiding us towards getting the Veterans license. The rooms seemed nice, but the fact we didn’t see any resident around made us not think of it as great. In all of the other communities we saw the residents walking around, we were able to talk to them; but not at the Heritage Springs.

Loving Daughter18 December 30, 2015

I thought that Heritage Springs seemed to be well administered, well run, and clean. I saw them doing some arts and crafts.

Caring106166350 April 28, 2015

Heritage Springs was very nice, but the main challenge was the price as it was a little pricey. It seemed to be accommodating to a lot of the folks that were there. It was very clean and nice, and it had a lot of things for seniors. It’s a very nice community; the staff and people were very helpful. Seemed to be a very nice place for my mom to live, and she seemed to like it.

Brenda108580150 March 31, 2015

We went to one here in Las Vegas named Heritage Springs. It is close to the house. The facility was nice, but it is not the type of facility I was looking for my parents because it looks like an institution. That is not what I am looking for. I'm looking for more of a home-like facility and something more personalized because they are living in the Mid-West so they are used to the wide open spaces. I don't want to put them in something that looks like an institution. Really the ideal situation would be a cottage type of situation for them. It is big and clean, but they say it is confining. For them it is not going to be good because my dad is a social person, and it will be very difficult for them to be confined. They have the bingo, television, and card playing so they are active. As for security, it was secure enough. My step mother is in the early stages of Alzheimer's, so it is important to have security because we don't have to deal with a walk-away.

Cass1 December 14, 2014

Heritage Springs was a nice place, and the management was very nice. I was invited to have a Sunday dinner, and I attended, but I never got to eat because for some reason they didn’t have it anymore, and then they told me I had a choice from another sheet of paper. I choose one, and that didn’t come -- something else was delivered to me -- so I went home.

Thelma6 September 30, 2014

My husband is in the memory care unit of Heritage Springs. The building is on a major street and the cross street is a major street as well. It is not that far from the hospital and my husband has to go to the hospital several times. It is mostly desert landscape, but they have an area that has trees, a courtyard, they have grass, flowers, birdfeeders and they can go out there when the weather is not too hot. It is locked -- they will not be able to go out of that area to wander off, and the only way they can go is back into the building.

In the assisted living, they set up the dining room like a five star dining room with tablecloth, centerpiece, sometimes they have live flower and sometimes they have artificial. They have a choice of three entrees on the menu for each day so you can choose what you want. Now, in the memory care where my husband is, they have a menu also. However, it is up to him. In the morning, when he looks at the menu and selects what he wants, or he decides he doesn't want to participate in anything. So when the food comes out, they will ask him what he wants. They offer balanced meals and they can accommodate people who are on special diet. My husband is on a low fat, cardiac, no salt, diabetic diet because he has multiple medical problems.

They have some excellent staff. They have a turnover last year and, the staff who takes care of the residents is the same caliber as before. They have med techs that give the medication. He has diabetes and coronary artery disease and they can take care of him. He is on insulin and I think that he is the first patient they take who is on insulin. It is a very nice facility and I will recommend them to others.

Caring92763250 August 28, 2014

I am in Heritage Springs. It is very clean. The room is freshly painted with new carpeting and new flooring in the bathroom. I have a grand studio. The food is very good and the service is excellent. The dining room is very nice. People know your name and they treat you very well. It has pleasant people. The staff is very accommodating. I only have one problem -- I don't like people knocking on my door and walking in because that really bothers me. I just felt right. So far so good. They have activities like luau, bingo, poker, football games and bus trips. They have a fish tank in the lobby. The have a bird in one room. They have a cockatoo in the community room and people have dogs, and it is just nice. I will recommend them to others.

Caring84563550 August 28, 2014

My mom's stay at Heritage Springs was very good. She really enjoyed it there. There was a sense of family. All the people in the wellness center really cared and really took their time. My mom was very, very happy there. I was happy that it was close to home. The only issue was the cost and that was the main reason. Otherwise, she would still be there because that's where she was happy, and that's where she was being taken care of and that was home to her. And it was close to home for us, which was very convenient. Overall, the only thing I could think of that they could improve on, is the price. Everybody there was very upset and sad to see my mother go. The staff was always well attentive. They treated them like they were their parents. They were always pleasant and always concerned. They were very attentive and just caring. I have tried eating there and the food was very good. However, there wasn't a low-salt or a low-sugar option. In terms of activities, they had bingo every single day and they had brain games, poker games and puzzles. They had two activity directors who were both fantastic. They're very, very nice people. They're very jovial and very caring. You always saw them teasing the residents. They just had a whole list of stuff. If my mother wanted to, she could go from one to the other and be busy all day. Also, they took them on little excursions if they wanted to.

Caring86863350 June 26, 2014

My mother stayed at Heritage Springs for respite care only. She just went there while I was out of town. It was a nice, fair price for the time I was gone. I thought it was a very nice place. It was clean. The rooms were nice. Their rooms looked like typical hotel rooms. Heritage Springs had a lot of good features. It was also in a good location. I like their staff. Also they had activities all day long, and that was nice. They also had a way to take my mom out and go places.

Jack22 April 01, 2014

Heritage Springs serves every need. There are community shuttles to take Mom to places, and the food is fantastic. It's kind of like 5-star accommodations within a housing/living environment. It's fairly new, it's very clean, and very well-managed.

Andrea14 December 13, 2013

We found Heritage Springs for my aunt. I like everything in this facility. I like that it's very warm, inviting, comfortable, and the people are very nice.

David20 March 29, 2013

I preferred Heritage Springs Assisted Living for my aunt becaue of the small number of residents on the memory center. The facility was well-kept, and the staff were thoughtful. They kept everybody active. The food was flavorful and well-balanced.

ksabol2267 May 09, 2012

My mother started on the assisted living side with a diagnosis of Dementia. Her apartment was wonderful and the caregiver staff very attentive to her needs. Within 2 months my mother had experienced several falls requiring emergency room attention. After changing special needs by the staff it was suggested that my mom be moved to the memory care side for more attention. Subsequent to her move she was placed under hospice care with Creekside Hospice. The caregivers are wonderful with a staff ratio to patient of 2 to 1. The caregivers treat my mom and other residents as part of their families. It is wonderful to see the personal care given to each. My family and I feel such relief knowing she is getting such loving attention. My brother and I make daily visits and know that her care is not just sporatic. We have been blessed in our daily visits to meet and interact with other residents who do not have regular visitors. It is wonderful to see their interactions. In many ways this experience has made my life more purposeful. I admire all the caregivers for what they do with the residents, and for such little compensation. I can never thank them enough.

sb61 April 25, 2012

We live in a different state and were told there would be constant communication regarding her needs, but we could never get the supervisor on the phone for over 6 weeks. They never followed-up on her glasses that were supposed to come in over a month ago, the doctor that visits the residents never called us with any updates, they are re-using corn pads on her feet which is not hygenic! And explicit instructions to the hairdresser went ignored. They will tell you anything to get your loved one in there, and then all communication stops. Not happy with the care there, and we are looking elsewhere!

From Heritage Springs

Welcome to Heritage Springs, an assisted living and memory care community in Las Vegas, NV.

Here, seniors live independently with the comfort and security of 24-hour access to our team of highly trained, compassionate and respectful professionals. Heritage Springs ensures residents needing care, and loved ones now providing that care, can enjoy the full potential of their lives.

At Heritage Springs, your loved one can make real connections and enjoy activities that inspire joy, purpose and passion. Our specially trained dementia care professionals will provide personalized support and encouragement to ensure your loved one is able to take full advantage of his or her abilities.

Features of Heritage Springs