Desert View Senior Living

3890 N Buffalo Dr, Las Vegas, NV, 89129

Reviews of Desert View Senior Living

May 03, 2015

By Bruce25

I think the staff at Willow Creek is terrific. They're very kind and considerate, and they're aware of each of their patients individual needs as far as we can tell. My dad has a large family, so we all come from different directions and show up at different times; as far as people dropping in and seeing how things are being run, they're doing a pretty good job. There were a couple of times when they left him unshaven, so we got on them about that, because if left on his own, he would rather not shave, clean, or take a shower; that only had to happen once, and the rest had been fine. I think it’s very high-end and very well taken care of; it’s immaculate. The food is great, and they take great care of the family members. They are very friendly and welcoming. I just think that it’s a five (out of five) star facility.

April 23, 2015

The way the facility looks, the way the staff look, and the residents’ attitudes are the reasons we choose Willow Creek. They seem to be happy and willing to talk. They had a wide variety of activities every day. Mom has a wonderful room and is very comfortable.

March 31, 2015

My friend ended up moving to Willow Creek. I think the rooms are very small, but other than that, it seems fine. Her daughter got her the cheapest room -- which is like a junior suite -- and she has one of those big power wheelchairs so in the living room, there’s only enough room for a recliner and her wheelchair. Their dining room was small, but they have 2 different feeding times which is good because not everybody wants to eat at 4 o’clock; they eat early. I looked at one of their calendars, and I saw different outings they had, and they have activities going on inside.

March 28, 2015

I'm in Willow Creek now. It's very clean; they have a maintenance guy. The staff is very good, very helpful, and very nice. They have a lot of staff, and they do a good job of looking after people. They have bingo and a lot of entertainment. Some outside people come in and entertain us. Kids come around; they like to be with the old people, and they're very good. They have a lot of activities here. They can keep you busy all day if you want.

February 24, 2015

Willow Creek is good. They have what we’re looking for, the price that we like, and an area that we’re happy with. The staff was OK, and the rooms were fine. Everything is fine, and they seemed to be confident individuals. It is specific to our needs.

January 19, 2015

By Frank35

My only complaint here at Willow Creek at Buffalo where I am currently living at is their food. It’s OK, but definitely not gourmet food. It's institutional, and I think they need to improve their food. Their dining area is fine, but my room is tiny. I have a microwave and a refrigerator. I was rehearsing today for our choir as we have to put on a little performance for the Christmas dinner. We also did stretches in the drama club. We also have bingo. They also take people to casinos and shopping. Monday through Wednesday, they take the residents to their doctor's appointments. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are very helpful. The staff is the highlight of the place.

January 06, 2015

By Kathryn11

The Willow Creek Memory care was very clean, and the food was excellent. The rooms were very nice, and the entertainment director was very good, but the staff was not as attentive to the people as they should be.

July 03, 2014

The staff is taking very good care my daughter's mother-in-law. We are very happy with the move. She seems to adapt very well with the place. The rooms are beautiful. The facility is maybe four or five years old so everything is bright and nice. My daughter has tasted the food and I heard no complaints. They have excellent security there!

May 31, 2014

By MaryAnn8

Willow Creek knocked me off my feet. It was phenomenal and beautiful. It was done very well. It was a very rich looking place. It was like walking into a five-star hotel. There was a lot of cherry wood in the décor. When you walked in, there was a great big sitting area with a great big fire that was on. The dining room really impressed me because it had linen tablecloths and linen napkins. It was set up beautifully, set up like a nice restaurant. The staff offered lunch, if we wanted to have lunch, but my brother said "No," so we didn't. They had a thing set up on the side for the morning. I guessed it was like a breakfast bar where people could help themselves to breakfast. Then, they switched it over for lunch. They had a salad bar for the whole day, and she said they changed it up three times a day. There were also some fruit in there, so if people wanted a healthy snack, then could have it anytime in the dining room. I was exceptionally pleased with the visit. The one thing that disappointed me was the price. There was a price for the basic services, but then for every little thing that needed to be done, they added a price on to it. They said they evaluate them when they come in, and every three months, they evaluate them again.

Photos of Desert View Senior Living

Features of Desert View Senior Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4100/month

• State Licenses: 8809-AGC-0

About Desert View Senior Living

Working together to create a sense of community, our dedicated and compassionate staff will strive to exceed your expectations and make a difference in the lives of those we serve by providing exceptional care and service, and remembering you are the reason we are here.

Features & Amenities

Levels of Care

Personalized Assisted Living services available and Memory Care

Dining

Full-service dining program offering three meals a day prepared with only the freshest ingredients. We also offer a variety of menu options.

Housekeeping & Laundry Services

Weekly housekeeping provided to include personal laundry and/or flat linen services.

Scheduled Transportation Services

Transportation provided for shopping, restaurants, medical appointments, and outings in the community.

Activity Programs

A variety of activities include bingo, poker, arts and crafts, exercise, dancing to the oldies, weekly entertainment and community events.

Health and Wellness

Our Health and Wellness program is tailored to all levels of health and well-being.

Dining Room

Beautiful main dining room offers an elegant setting for your dining pleasure.

Complimentary Wifi and Cable

Private Courtyard

Relax in our private courtyard while taking in the beautiful day.

Laundry

Complimentary laundry facilities are conveniently located throughout the community.

Beauty/Barber Shop

On site full service salon.

Community Room

We provide ample opportunity to mingle and socialize.

Emergency Response System

All apartments are equipped with Emergency Response System (ERS). Medical alert pendants included with assisted living.

Trained Staff available