Desert Springs Senior Living

6650 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89103

Reviews of Desert Springs Senior Living

Les535630 September 30, 2016

Desert Springs Senior Living was a very nice facility, but it didn’t have a vacancy at the time. It was nice, bright, and open. They showed us the room; it was very good. They had a very good menu. If you ask a question, the staff would be able to answer. We spoke to a couple of the residents, which was nice.

Arthur614817 September 30, 2016

We were impressed with Desert Springs Senior Living. It’s very neat, and it’s a rather large building. There are a lot of rooms to it. The staff was very personable, met us right away, took us around to various places, and explained many things. She did a very good job. We were a little bit disappointed in looking at the menu. I didn’t think that the entrees in their menu looked great.

Don286251 August 16, 2016

Desert Springs was very nice, and I liked everything about it. The dining area, the rec room, the view, and the people were nice.

Barb40 May 11, 2016

Our doctor recommended Desert Springs Senior Living and it is everything he said. I have nothing but extremely positive things to say, mom is very happy with that place. They have everything going on there, it is just amazing. Everybody is friendly and very helpful at all times. They take care of her and she can do everything that she wants. She has her dog in there, too. They have a cafeteria and they have their own waiters and waitresses, bus boys, they have a main menu and a special everyday for every meal. They can also have as many snacks as they want.

MichelleSMINV May 11, 2016

I think Desert Springs Senior Living is the one my mom likes. My mom likes the people that were there. My mom is in a wheelchair and there was this lady in a scooter. They started talking about the food; my mom really likes her. She thought she would be a good friend. The lady who gave us a tour was really wonderful and she was very knowledgeable. The prices were reasonable. The community was clean and it was friendly. It was just really nice.

Danny11 February 26, 2016

My mom is happy at Desert Springs; she loves her room, and all her stuff is there. The food is very good, although my mom doesn’t eat much, and only in portions. The services and amenities are available, but my mom doesn’t use all of them. The security was good, and they lock the doors at 7:00 PM.

SRM1 January 27, 2016

I visited Desert Springs for my father. It was nice. The staff was wonderful. I didn’t meet the lady I had talked to on the phone, but a staff member who was there at the time showed me around, and she was very personable. Then, the lady I had spoken to on the phone called me right away and got me all the paperwork. That was very good. This facility was one of our choices. The rooms were nice. The dining area was very nice, too. It was like what my father is used to, so it was very nice.

Chuck C. January 01, 2016

We have moved my mom into Desert Springs. They're doing very well. She is very happy with them. They clean her apartment and wash her bed linens and towels. They also cook three meals a day for her. She is very happy there.

Visitor39 December 30, 2015

Dessert Springs was a very nice facility. They're not as expensive because they're in an entirely different area. Everybody has been very nice. It's totally different from the other place we visited but still very nice.

Annie19 December 30, 2015

Very friendly and informative staff. Clean and supportive facility. Food seems to be nutritious s and tasty and the rooms are spacious and comfortable.

David117781950 December 30, 2015

Desert Springs was very nice. The consultant, Cristina, was very helpful, and everything was good. If we would put my father there, he would go to the assisted living.

PLV December 15, 2015

My husband is at Desert Springs. The staff is great. Eveyrthing is just fine. He has meals three times a day, and they clean his house. It is excellent. The social recreations are good, too. The dining room is excellent and has a menu that you can order off of, plus daily specials. They also have a little snack room where coffee and snacks are always available. It is really nice.

Keith22 December 10, 2015

Desert Springs looked like a retirement community in an old hotel and was not as well kept or well maintained as the others I’ve seen. The person I talked to was quite nice, but we decided that that place was not what my wife needed. I didn’t think the neighborhood was proper, and there wasn’t as many activities offered as the other places.

Gloria H. November 22, 2015

Desert Springs was very nice. The person we spoke to was very nice and gave us a very nice tour. Everything was neat, clean, and had a fresh feeling. I saw a very nice area for residents to socialize and do activities. If I had to recommend a place, this is the place I would recommend to anybody. When your condition gets to that point, I feel really assured that they would handle it better than where Dad is now. My sister was with me, and we both felt comfortable in Desert Springs. They have very nice rooms, too.

Claryene November 10, 2015

My friend loves Desert Springs. She is so happy there in her apartment. They take very good care of her. We like the location because it is convenient to the church. My aunt doesn't need a whole lot of care assistance, but they're there and check on her every day. They are making sure that she is eating each meal, which is important to us. When we first put her in, she was in a one-bedroom, but they recently let her move into a two-bedroom, which gives her a little more space. I think it is perfect for her. It is not too big, and she doesn't feel claustrophobic or closed in. There is enough room for her belongings that are meaningful to her. She has her cat with her, too. Some of the residents have dogs and some of them have cats. The staff is friendly about the pets. If a resident is sick or goes into the hospital, they take their pets and care for them while they're away.

Cyndi13 October 11, 2015

Mom is at Desert Springs Senior Living, and it is very nice. It is wonderful. It is a very joyful place. It is a happy place. It doesn't smell like a nursing home. The staff is absolutely outstanding, and that's one of the main reasons we came. Their apartments are like little normal apartments without the kitchen. They just have a refrigerator and a little sink. Their food is good. They have three meals a day, and they're very good.

Caring113045450 September 08, 2015

We visited Desert Springs, and it seemed nice. They had a lot of different services for the residents. We looked at a studio and a one-bedroom, and they looked nice and clean. They seemed to have what you would need. The studio was smaller, but it had a nice floor plan. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to answer any questions we had. It was lunchtime, and people were eating; some were in an activity area having a discussion. The dining room was fine, and they had a nice menu. What's nice was the staff would read the menu to anyone who has eye or vision issues.

Ziumarylasvegas August 30, 2015

I just moved my mom into Desert Springs a few weeks ago. She was living in an apartment community where she didn't have any friends. At first my mother was resistant to moving to an assisted living facility, but the staff helped her to get acclimated from the moment she initially visited to the time she moved in. Sometimes I get texts from the staff telling me that she was joining the activities and that she has made some friends. I am so glad mom is enjoying her stay. I would recommend Desert Springs to anyone looking for a place for their mom or dad in assisted living. The staff really does care!

Caring112266450 August 27, 2015

We haven't been completely satisfied with Desert Springs Senior Living. Overall they're good, but basically there is one caretaker there that was probably burned out. We had made a complaint about her, and they said, 'We'll take care of it." My mom had fallen, and she was not compassionate enough, at least in our eyes, as she should have been. Otherwise, the administrator of the place is good and caring, but one of the caretakers wasn't very good. The food is satisfactory. I would recommend this facility, but I would be careful. I would be careful that you keep an eye on your family member to make sure that they're getting the care that they want and not have to worry. However, I thought Desert Springs was the best because it was closer to where we were. Also the lady in charge of the facility is Filipino also, so that helps a little bit. My mom speaks that language, so that the lady would be able to talk to her and communicate faster, so that's an advantage.

William105472750 August 22, 2015

The staff at Desert Springs Senior Living is very informative, polite, and very likeable.

Anonymous111412750 August 21, 2015

The rooms were really small at Desert Springs Senior Living, but they were nice. The eating area was also very nice, and they served things off of a menu instead of a buffet, which I thought was really nice. They had games and movies. They also took residents out if they needed to go somewhere. They allowed pets.

Thanks for saying all these nice things! In regards to the size of the rooms, assisted living apartments are generally smaller in size in comparison to a regular multi-family apartment complex. The assisted living concept is to downsize into a smaller apartment to minimize up-keep for seniors. Desert Springs apartments are above the average size apartments in comparison to most competitors in the Las Vegas area. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us!

Caring111982050 August 14, 2015

My mother is in Desert Springs. It is an assisted living. I think that it is very good. My mom is very happy there. Usually, she doesn't socialize or anything, but since she's been there, she's learning to socialize and talk to people. She really likes it there.

Krystal1 July 31, 2015

The people at Desert Springs Senior Living are very caring. The other residents there were friendly as we were moving in; everybody said hi and talked to us. It is a little older facility, but it’s clean, nice, and extremely affordable for what they offer. She’s in a very spacious 1-bedroom, and the closet is huge and beautiful. I would recommend it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and also with others looking to find a quality place for their loved ones!

Bert5 June 26, 2015

Desert Springs Senior Living is near my mother's house, so it is a familiar area. She has a little bit of Dementia, so she needs things to be simple. She has been there for a week. The staff is very congenial and very easy to work with. They are very nice, very accommodating, very efficient, and very friendly. The rooms are nice, but I think they are little on the small side. Otherwise they are nice. They have all kinds of activities that fall on a daily basis. They have various artists that come and entertain on a weekly basis. So it is a very nice community. When we were in the place, there were a lot of old folks that were saying that they loved it. There was a lot of word of mouth that was very positive.

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy that you chose us to accommodate your mother and that you are satisfied with Desert Springs. Thanks again!

Animallover555 May 31, 2015

My mother has lived here for over three years.

She absolutely loves the activity program. She enjoys the trivia, bingo, black jack, poker. The activity director is an amazing lady and cares so much about the seniors. My mother has made great friends. I am So thankful she is able to be active and enjoy her golden years with such nice friends and staff. She loves the nursing staff they are helpful and caring. Only minor complaint would be the food.It is edible, nothing too special. They serve the same items over and over. I wish there was more of a variety.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this wonderful review! We are so glad your mother is enjoying her stay here with us and that she has made great friends. We have added more items to the lunch and dinner specials since you left this review. I hope it adds a little more variety. Thanks again!

Caring107265350 May 27, 2015

Desert Springs Senior Living is very good at assessing needs. It's an older facility, but it's very clean. It was well laid out, and there wasn’t a lot of distance between the elevator and the apartments. They all overlook a garden area.

Tino1 May 06, 2015

I was able to visit Desert Springs Senior Living, and it was good. The staff was great, and that's the best thing about them. Everybody was great. Their rooms are small. I was able to eat there; the food was fine, and their dining area is nice. Compared to others, they don’t have many activities.

Alphatrigon January 23, 2015

I’m a CNA that visits several different facilities throughout Las Vegas and I just wanted to take a minute to say how wonderful I think Desert Springs is. As soon as you walk in, you are always greeted by the receptionist. The caregivers always smile and greet you in passing and most importantly, the residents seem really well taken care of. If I were to put my parent in a facility, Desert Springs would be it!

PeakorGirl January 21, 2015

I was trying to find a place for my father who was having a hard time living alone after my mom passed away. I went to look at a few places but everything that was in our budget was on the east part of town and I wanted to stay on the west. What I really loved about Desert Springs was how caring the staff seemed. Its an older building but the apartments are bigger and more affordable. Don't judge a book by its cover. My dad is so happy where he's at and I couldn't have made a better decision.

Patrick12 October 16, 2014

I was able to place my dad in Desert Springs. It is a very nice place, and they go from no assistance to full assistance. I would highly recommend the place. The food is excellent. They have two dinner specials everyday plus a full menu. It is very affordable, very clean, very friendly, and I have absolutely no complaints. There are at least two activities every day of the week. They have scheduled outings that vary depending on what each person's ability is. They go from studio to two-bedroom units.

Kathleen39 September 23, 2014

The room that I moved my dad into at Desert Springs was a single unit, but then everything that they have is a one room apartment, and it is much more convenient for him. The only thing that I can see would be a negative is that the room faces the west sun in Las Vegas, so it is going to be mighty warm in his apartment. He likes it a little warm, but I don't know if he is going to like it that hot. The food was okay; I ate with him the first four meals he was there, and I enjoyed it. He attends the exercise program they have in the morning. They do have a van that takes them out shopping on Wednesdays and they have some other activities that one lady was talking about going out to Lake Mead and she said that it was something they do. So there are activities and they do have church services, both Catholic and Christian. They have several opportunities to get out and be involved. He has to go to the dining room to eat and miingle with other residents because otherwise it is going to cost him $4 out of his pocket to have a meal delivered to his room. I would recommend this place to those needing an economical place for their loved ones. Maybe they should have a buddy system for the residents that have been living there for a while like getting to know the new resident, and showing them the ins and outs of the place. It has a clean environment.

pjsdtr January 03, 2014

We looked at what seemed to be EVERY assisted living place in Las Vegas! My mother has a limited income to spend. She was coming from a pretty large home and sadly we were forced to looking at a small studio in most places (because she also needed someone to give her medications to her) I had almost given up until someone at my church said that I should look at Desert Springs. I am so glad they did! Yes it is quite a bit older then the other places I looked at. BUT they were able to get my mom in a one bedroom with the medication assistance for a price that she could afford. We were thrilled! She loves her apartment, the residents are friendly and she likes the food! (Although no one can cook as good as my mom!) It is such a relief that she can be safe and happy in a place that we could afford.

Caring71951450 October 30, 2013

Desert Springs is an older place but it is nice. They have studios and one-bedroom apartments. They have usually seven or eight different things plan every day.

Bob42 October 23, 2013

My parents chose Desert Springs because of the price which was the main concern. There are some places where the facility does show some age but it was a very clean and well kept community and everybody is very friendly there. The staff is great and the rooms are okay. They have a regular stove in the room which thrilled my mom so that she could cook her biscuits and gravy. We ate there a few times. It's not a 5-star restaurant but the food is good. My mom is 85 and my dad is 90 and they don't partake in too many of the activities. They don't get around that well but mom goes out for bingo and they go down to socialize. They have a theater room where they show movies every night and in Sundays they have church services. They don't have transportation on Fridays. They want at least $40 advance notice if it's a special trip to a doctor's appointment so we usually take them.

Diana14 July 12, 2013

Dessert Spring Senior Living is a little bit better. My concern is that they want a lot of money. It's supposed to be assisted living, but right now they are not living up to some of their potentials, so I'm not too happy at this particular point. But, the living facility is cleaner and a lot better than the previous facility that my mom was in. If they are going to say that they are an assisted living place and they are there to monitor these people, at least to look at on them every hour just to go and knock on their rooms and see if they're okay. That's what they need to do. We are paying a lot of money for these people to take care of them and they're not doing it, they're just doing it for the paycheck and that makes me mad. I would recommend the place, but not highly. As far as being a senior living place, they're fine.

markie05 May 03, 2012

The Grand Court is a relatively nice place for people to stay. I recently made a tour about a month ago as a prospective employee. From the outside, the building is clean, with well maintained landscaping. Although somewhat of an older building, the facility is very clean and well kept. As with typical assisted living facilities, the interior was made to feel like a home environment. From a library, courtyard, to a little movie theater, there were plenty of amenities for the guests. The staff was also very friendly and helpful for the short time I was there. I did not see anything out of place or alarming.

nka4406coupon August 02, 2011

I went on a tour at this facility and it seemed great! It was good to find an option for my mother-in-law where the facility had so many different amenities available. It is definitely some place that we would consider for our mom.

From Desert Springs Senior Living

Las Vegas' best kept secret in Senior Living! Centrally located, Desert Springs Senior Living offers full service Independent Living as well as Assisted Living. Whether you are looking to simplify your lifestyle or receive assistance with day-to-day tasks, Desert Springs can customize a care plan to fit your needs with services like medication management, bathing, dressing, wheelchair transferring, and much more. Enjoy 3 restaurant-style meals daily, weekly housekeeping and laundry service, and the convenience of your utilities included. We offer affordable senior living in your choice of a spacious studio, 1 bedroom, or 2 bedroom apartment. All apartments are complete with a full size refrigerator and freezer. Large walk-in closets are available in select apartments.

Features of Desert Springs Senior Living

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 8:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Bureau of Healthcare and Compliance