Brookdale Cheyenne

6031 West Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, NV, 89108

Reviews of Brookdale Cheyenne

Tammy26 December 17, 2015

Brookdale Cheyenne was very nice and clean. I would love to put my mom there, but the monthly cost is very expensive. There is nothing wrong with the facility.

Virginia S. November 30, 2015

My husband is in Brookdale Cheyenne. It is incredible. We can't ask for better workers. They are very patient with my husband because he can be difficult. Overall, I love the place. They have a dining room with lots of choices. He's actually gained 10 pounds because he lost a lot of weight in the other home he was in. His diabetes is now in check. His cholesterol? Down. So, his doctor is thrilled with his health. They take him out for a walk six days a week. They have a pool table and exercise machine. Unfortunately, his dementia prevents him from utilizing all of the amenities there.

Anonymous116096850 November 16, 2015

My mother-in-law is at Brookdale Cheyenne. It seems nice, but it just takes awhile for people to get used to it. The staff seems very nice, accomodating, and patient. The rooms are very adequate, not huge. The amenities are fine. There is an elevator that goes up to the activity center, which is a very nice activity center. The food can be improved upon, though. My mother-in-law is not too happy with the food.

Caring111260450 August 21, 2015

The room at Brookdale Cheyenne was very nice and, there again, this was a studio. The dining facilities seemed nice, and it was the most affordable because they offer a lowering of the monthly rent for the first six months. It was clean and neat, and right across from the area that I was looking at was a full service community system. In other words, if you needed full nursing care, it was right there on the premises. You have to have a physician or whatever referral as I understood it in order to qualify to move there. The atmosphere seemed nice and very cordial, and everybody seemed very friendly. They provide the services that a lot of the other places provide. They also have an inner courtyard type of thing that the residents can use, and they have on-site nursing staff.

Lori46 August 10, 2015

Brookdale Cheyenne (Formerly Emeritus at the Plaza) was OK. The people were very nice. I think the activities were on the second floor. They had bingo, and I think they had poker. The staff was very pleasant.

Caring111055450 August 08, 2015

The rooms at Brookdale Cheyenne were very clean, and everything was very nice, but very small. They had Bingo going on, and they had a fitness center. They go to the casinos, they picnic, and they have a whole schedule of activities. The people were very nice, and their explanation was very thorough, but we are just not ready for that.

Krystal1 July 31, 2015

The 1-bedroom at Brookdale Cheyenne seemed smaller than the studio; we just didn’t get a good feel of it. The staff gave us a tour; they were very nice, very helpful, and well-organized. It was clean.

Bert5 June 26, 2015

Brookdale Cheyenne was a very good experience. It is very much the same as the one that we chose. It is newer, and the rooms were nicer, but it didn't work because it was too far away from what my mother knew. In terms of amenities, they had a higher level of amenities. They were newer, and the staff was just as nice, but it is too far. It was about the same as the other one except that it was not the right location for my mom. The staff was very nice, and I couldn't complain.

vegasdiva June 14, 2015

I placed my father there in Feb 2015. They came out to the house for an interview and were very pleasant.

My father has onset dementia and needs a little help with reminders such as when to go eat. This kinda happens but I have to call him prior to meal times to get him to do into the dining room.

He hasn't complained about the meals, so I guess those are good.

Since placing him the staff changes every week and its hard to know who to talk to about anything.

I wish they had a website that family members could go to and review status of their loved ones.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not fully meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Linda105162650 April 17, 2015

The visit was fabulous and excellent; I love Emeritus. I can’t think of the woman, but she was really great, and the service was great. I got a lot of good information, and for somebody else it would have been great. It was very well taken care of, very nice, and the rooms were nice. I really appreciated the help that was available. I was very impressed, and I felt very welcome. The people seemed very happy there.

Caring107450250 March 11, 2015

The only facility I looked at and that we used was Emeritus at the Plaza, and they were excellent. With the administrator, the cleaning people, the dining room, the place itself, everything looked excellent. I loved it. If I were to use an assisted living facility, that's where I would go. My father was there for one month, and then he passed away.

Larry39 November 22, 2014

We chose Emeritus at the Plaza for my parents, and so far so good. I have no complaints. They have cards, bingo, and excursions. They have an exercise room and a library as well. The room that they have is pleasant. I would recommend this facility to others as my parents are very content about the place.

Bea5 November 11, 2014

I have been in Emeritus for a month now. It’s a clean, very nice looking place, but the service is horrible. It looks great, fabulous and look like they really take care of you, but they don’t. They are understaffed. I live in a one bedroom apartment. It’s spacious enough. The food is horrible; they have poor standard and very poor preparation of food. The activities were okay, but more like the same thing over and over. They could have more variety in it.

Caring84563550 August 28, 2014

My mom moved in at Emeritus at the Plaza at the end of April. There is new management there. The new executive director is very nice. My mom doesn't really complain about the caregivers, although she does complain about the activities and the lack thereof. Also, she complains about the food. She complains about the way that some things are run, but this new executive hasn't been there very long. The new people that came in, she seems to like though. She hasn't complained about the level of care she is getting, but I've noticed that their rating with the state has gone down and that's another concern. But the activities are important to her and she is having problems with that. The new executive director seems to be really kind, but they haven't really had enough time to try and turn things around.

MaryAnn8 May 30, 2014

We went and saw Emeritus. That one was OK. It was nice. The staff treated us very nicely. There were people who were walking down the halls, and a lot of them were eating at the time we were there. Everyone seemed like there they were doing stuff and not like there were just sitting there. The rooms were very nice. For me, it was small, but for someone like my mother, it would be fine. The dining room had a cafeteria feel. There was nothing cozy about where they ate. It was big, there were a lot of people there, and it was kind of cold. They had a basic price, but they charge extra for every little thing they do.

Caring84230650 May 20, 2014

We visited Emeritus. The staff was very accommodating. They answered all our questions about what type of care might be needed and what their levels were. We thought that the 1-bedroom would be the most appropriate for Mom. The prices were reasonable. You had to bring your own furniture, and they have some kind of a starting fee or community fee.

They had exercises, holiday activities, cards that you could play card games with, memory kinds of things, trips to the store and the bank, and field trips to visit places. It was very clean, and it seemed like it was well-staffed. Their monthly cost was less, but they didn't have the same amount of activities that this other one that was about a thousand dollars more a month would provide.

Caring82404150 April 30, 2014

Mom is currently at Emeritus at the Plaza. The place is very clean and very nice. The apartments are very nice. It was a rough start, to be honest, because they didn’t have any management in place, but they now have new management, and I have met them. They are re-briefing, and I think things now are on a better course. They went above and beyond to help get her settled because, at that time, it was an emergency for Mom to get to a facility. They are trying to do everything they can,and the people I have seen, the caregivers that I have seen, they are doing their jobs.

Sandra83269250 April 22, 2014

Emeritus at The Plaza was too small and kind of depressing for me. However, the young lady who assisted me, she was absolutely superb! She was right on. After talking to me, she said that I may not be ready for this type of environment. She said I may need to be in a facility but not like this - totally dependent. This place seemed to be more for people who were physically and mentally challenged in some way. She said I may need to be in one where you can come and go. I appreciated her honesty and candidness. I just love her. She was very kind and absolutely wonderful. As a whole, based on my tour, I would give it a 4. It was because of her and how she made it what it was. The price was OK. The rooms were very small, which was a little downer. I like brightness, but this place just seemed to be kind of dark and drab. Also, it was small, and it was on a very busy street.

Jeff18 April 12, 2014

Emeritus was very nice. It was beautiful, clean, and updated. The rooms were very fresh, and everything was set up for everybody's needs. It was amazing. The staff was very nice, and they had social activities, but I don't know what they were.

Dean4 March 28, 2014

The third one on my list I would take would be Emeritus. It was a little smaller and a little older. All of the facilities were adequate for what they're doing. I think they gave a little more type of service than the other, so they could deal with the people who were a little more ill. I would say the dining area was adequate.

The rooms are a little smaller but very clean, adequate for the price that they charge. They're a little less pricey. The staff there was excellent, they're very friendly. They greet you as you go by. They just didn't stand around doing nothing. They were all busy doing things that needed to be done. They're all very friendly with the people living there. They knew all the names.

They have a quite a few activities. There must have been 20 people doing bingo. One thing they didn't have there, they had a partial set up in a room but they didn't have a dedicated room just for exercising. They're trying to expand and improve on their own.

Celeste1 February 28, 2014

I went to Emeritus at the Plaza and the staff are very pleasant as well as they are very helpful. They do have activities and they have some outside performers to come and entertain the residents. They do board games too. Overall, it’s a very nice facility.

Jeanne15 February 28, 2014

The staff was friendly. We did see some rooms. They're are adequate and seemed fine. The dining room was nice and clean.

Linda71165350 February 24, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at the Plaza are very, very friendly. The facility was clean. It was nice, but there were two floors which I think would not be suitable for a senior who gets confused as that would make them more confused. The dining area was a little dark, but all in all I'd say it was okay.

Audrey10 January 31, 2014

The room that mom is in at Emeritus at the Plaza is very nice. It has a kitchen and it's larger than most of the places that I've looked at. The facility is very nice and everybody has been great. The staff are very nice and always acknowledging you and calling you by name. The only thing that I could probably say that needs improvement for them is to make the food better.

Barbara77450950 January 24, 2014

Emeritus at The Plaza was very nice. Everything was there in terms of the activities, the dining room was nice, and it was clean. It's a good facility. The staff was very friendly and they knew everybody by their names. The residents all seemed happy.

Grace16 December 29, 2013

The staff at Emeritus at Plaza are very good when we visited the facility. The apartments are very nice although they are a little bit small, but they are very clean. The people there are very friendly. We were able to eat there and the food is good. Their dining room is very nice. They took us on a tour and we saw activities for the residents. They play puzzles and they have art rooms.

S.A. December 23, 2013

Emeritus at The Plaza seemed to give good level of care for the people who live there. My mother is at least three years away from needing this type of facility but we're looking ahead of time just to see what the options are. Nevertheless, this facility is on our list. The place was nice and their price was about average. They also served great food. Their meals seemed to be very healthy and well made. They have interesting variety of food. I believe also that you can get seconds if you wanted more, but their portions were just right. Regarding activities, there seemed to be plenty of things to do there. They did have a bus that takes them to different places for field trips. They described it as a cruise ship on land, which I like the analogy of, to get the residents out of their homes. The whole point is not for you to stay in your room, you go out and do things and get some socialization. They also have a very nice library too. The staff was knowledgeable, very professional and very empathetic. The lady who took us around even suggested that we come back for an unscheduled visit to see how they run on a regular basis.

Sven November 27, 2013

I visited Emeritus at The Plaza. It was a nice facility. The ambience of this place was welcoming. I like their staff. They were nice. Their rooms were nice as well.

Momma2 October 26, 2013

i loved this place everyone was so nice and the activity director was wonderful going above to make my mom very happy .

Caring71498350 October 05, 2013

Emeritus was a nice community for old folks to live. It had a beautiful and clean surrounding.

Kathy70153650 September 23, 2013

I liked Emeritus. It was a nice, clean and large facility and it was within our price range. Everyone seemed nice and friendly enough. The people looked well cared for. The rooms were also nice and fairly big. I was not able to eat there, but I was able to see their menu and it looked good. They had activities for the residents. However, it was far from me.

Caring1212 September 11, 2013

My father-in-law was at Emeritus at The Plaza. We chose it because it was closer to home. His room was exceptional in size. The workers were friendly and they took care of the residents well. It was very clean and the food was fine. I would recommend this facility to other people.

Fille Aimante August 28, 2013

My visit with Emeritus at The Plaza was very nice. I like it. In fact, I'm still working on trying to get my mother to get into that facility. They have two types of rooms, which are quite nice. They have single and studio apartments. Their studio apartments have a small sitting area. We also checked the dining room, which was nice too. It was roomy and it opened up to a lovely veranda. They have a little social club that was going on there everyday, from card games, board games, etc. They also have a reading club. They have a van that would take the residents to the supermarket or to the hospital if need be. I was pleased with what I saw in Emeritus and I would recommend this place definitely.

Rosemarie4 July 24, 2013

I wouldn't even consider Emeritus. I've been there twice. It's dark, the staff doesn't care who comes in, you just sign in. the rooms are so much smaller. My friend's mother who was there, they're supposed to clean the room but she has to go in and pick up after her mother. We had lunch there when we looked at it and the portions were so small we were hungry afterwards.

Trisha3 July 12, 2013

We decided to put my mother in a place where it is warm, that's why we chose Emeritus at The Plaza in Las Vegas. Also their price is something that we could afford. The facility is very nice. My mom wasn't really crazy about going but when we drove her over there and she met everyone, she really likes it there. She also likes her room. She has a lot of people to talk to, she gets to walk everyday and there's always something to do. At one time, she wrote to me that they were making brownies. She is very happy there. Also their staff is really nice. Their dining room is spacious. I thought it is very good. It looks like everybody has a place in their dining room. Staff would wait on them and bring them their food. However, my mom always tells me that the staff was really busy and kind of short-handed. My mom says they're kind of understaffed. This is something they need to improve on.

Donna18 June 23, 2013

I just don't like Emeritus at The Plaza. It had an odor in every place I went. Also it seemed like nobody was moving and the residents were just sort of up against the wall in wheelchairs. It reminded me of a nursing home and I thought my mother would get extremely depressed here. There was only one area where she can walk around but it was very small. They only had a very small place outside to sit, but they weren't comfortable chairs, it was just like a slotted bench. The staff were extremely nice and helpful though, but they need to improve on the atmosphere, not make it appear like it's a nursing home, it's not a happy place.

From Brookdale Cheyenne

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Cheyenne

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer Classes.

Location of Brookdale Cheyenne