The Barrington

901 Seminole Blvd, Largo, FL, 33770

Reviews of The Barrington

Caring Daughter107487450 January 15, 2016

I was really impressed with The Barrington. Everything was really clean and well-organized. The only reason I didn't pick this community was because I thought I needed memory care, and they didn't have a memory care unit. The staff was great and everybody was very helpful, very pleasant, and very professional. The rooms were fantastic and had a homey feeling to them. It was just like you had your own little apartment. They had a lot of social activities, like dances and church. They had an activity room and a room that played videos all of the time for the residents. I would say that the dining room was set up perfectly. Everything was perfect, but I would love to see them have a memory care unit.

Anonymous114295050 October 19, 2015

I liked The Barrington. It was clean. They were accommodating even on a Sunday. The manager showed me the apartment and he was very nice.

Patty47 August 11, 2015

I have gone to a tour in The Barrington. The staff there seemed to be very competent. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful. Their work attitude seemed fine to me. Basically, they had a one bedroom apartment which looked very nice. It had its own private terrace and a small kitchenette. It was all freshly painted with all new carpets and large closets. The apartments were pretty much identical for both independent and assisted living. I haven't got to eat there, but they seemed to have a large menu. They had a beautiful dining room. They even had specials everyday as well as regular food. They had a library, a beauty shop, and a pool too. They really had a beautiful building and grounds. You could even walk the grounds for a quick exercise.

Donna110295850 August 09, 2015

The Barrington was super nice, but it was expensive. It was clean, and the patients looked well-attended.

Margaret102212450 February 10, 2015

I liked The Barrington because of the friendliness of the people. It was well kept. The unit itself was beautiful. The food was good. They had a library, and they had various activities. The room was much more spacious than I thought it would be. Of the three facilities that I visited, I liked that one the best.

Caring85642450 September 29, 2014

I have been in The Barrington for almost a year now. I am in an apartment and it is excellent. I think the staff is very nice and very kind. They also have a great housekeeping staff. I cook one meal a day, and the food that they serve is really excellent. There are all kinds of things that you can involve yourself in right here. It has a physical fitness room. It has an excellent library, and it has programs that they do all week long in what they called "the gathering place" which is a large community room.

Carlos3 September 01, 2014

My brother and I have been living in The Barrington for almost one year. The apartments are very spacious for two people to live in, with a living room, two bedrooms, two baths and we have a nice balcony. When you walk into the dining area, they have a table waiting for you. The food is not excellent, but good, plenty and nutritious. The other services like the house keeping are also fairly good. They have activities like entertainment, bingo, movies and someone comes once a week to play. Sometimes, they have activities in one of the parks. We don't participate in all of them, but I see that they try to entertain the people. They used to have transportation to medical doctors from Monday to Friday from 8 o'clock to 4 o'clock, but now they cut it to only from Monday to Thursday. On Monday and Wednesday, they go north. On Tuesday and Thursday, they go south. We didn't like that the service is more restricted because they promised something and they cut it off. One negative that I can say is that the two ladies in charge here -- one is the administrator and the other one I believe, is the accountant that takes care of the billing -- they are not too helpful. They try to get rid of you with a minimum answers because of their busy work. However, the rest of the people or the small staff, they are friendly, and good with answering questions. They are very nice and punctual. When you walk in the dining area, they had a table waiting for you. We are very pleased here.

Caring92527050 August 28, 2014

We will be moving my mom to The Barrington in two weeks. Our visit there was very nice. It was bright and cheery. The rooms were a good size and very similar to what she's in. They invited us to stay for lunch and the food was excellent. They seemed to have quite a bit of activities, but we only saw one, which was a happy hour on a Friday afternoon and it was great. The staff seemed to be terrific and we were really impressed. I guessed the friendliness of the staff stood out.

Nile April 25, 2014

My cousin lives in the Barrington. The place was inviting, and it seemed to have lots of activities. The staff who gave the tour was very helpful and very informative. The dining facilities were very comfortable and very satisfactory. The residents looked both happy and well cared for.

Caring82687750 April 22, 2014

We moved mom to The Barrington, and we did like it because it's a much smaller community than the other one. The food is wonderful. They are just much more personal, and that is what I was looking for. The caregiver helps her shower, and she receives her medication in a timely manner. Mom has more activities than she could possibly ever do. They have bingo and church services. On Fridays, they have happy hour, and anything that she would want is at Barrington. I would recommend this facility.

Sunny10 February 01, 2014

The director at The Barrington was very nice. She's followed up with us a couple of different times. The place was a little too big and was also a little bit of everything. And I think that being so big and so vast was just not for us. It seems like it was like a little bit too snobby. We just didn't get a good feel for it.

caring80331 June 19, 2013

I found the Barrington very nice. Very nice rooms too. Actually I was looking at a two bedroom for my mom and dad. The staff was very friendly, cordial, willing to give anything information-wise that I asked. They said they had various activities and daily transport to any place residents would like to visit; that kind of stuff. The best thing is that my parents could stay theretogether, and mom could receive extra care as she needed. Like I said, they had extra facilities to take them to doctor's office when they needed to. They have a pool and other basic amenities.

bcareful March 20, 2013

My mother was a resident at this facility for nearly two years. Nice facility, but the level of care was barely adequate. My mother is a shy, stroke patient and, except for lunch and dinner, they would leave her in her room all day. Many facilities work hard to get residents out of their rooms. Her room was often filthy and only by complaining did they provide minimum cleaning service. They had a change of management in 2012 and many of the better employees left. The prescription service contracted by the Barrington often over charged, which the nurse admitted, but the management did nothing to help resolve.

Caring9656 November 02, 2012

We didn't like Barrington because we had to walk a long way to get to the elevator to go up to the apartment. We had dinner there and the food was not good. It was not warm, it was cold. It's not a good place to go. The prices are high and not worth it. Plus the food was not very tasty.

tampabayCNA January 17, 2012

The Barrington of Largo is a middle size ALF located in the central heart of the city of Largo. This building is very large in size and is home to several apartment style living arrangements. There is a lot of space in this ALF and it is decorated with pastels and bright welcoming colors. The lighting is excellent and everything seems bright and awakened. The staff was plentiful and one of the members I encountered was not that friendly in my opinion, but that’s not to say that they are all that way. Most of the residents appeared happy and active. There were a couple of areas that I noticed as I walked through that did not have a good odor in my opinion. The meals are served daily, with options I was told. I did not get to see what the meals looked like though. There was plenty of parking.

Bayshore Home Care August 13, 2011

Beautiful community with excellent activities and dining

From The Barrington

The Barrington is an active senior community, complete with an activities director, special events, social clubs, a fitness center and scheduled transportation. Just because you retire doesn’t mean you have to give up on your passions. At The Barrington, we believe that it’s important for every resident to continue on with the activities they enjoy most during their retirement.

Located in sunny Largo, Florida, The Barrington is a worry-free and maintenance-free senior living community full of choices. Housing options such as studios, one and two bedroom apartments are available—providing you with easy senior living. Whether you are looking for Independent or Assisted Living, our senior community of The Barrington is the premier retirement community on the Gulf Coast.

Visit our website and facebook pages for more information and view the fun that happens in our community

Features of The Barrington

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Shuffle Board Court, Walking trails, Arts & Crafts Room, Religious Services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: AL#7232

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Barrington