Brookdale Pinecrest

1150 8th Ave. S.W., Largo, FL, 33770

Promotion ends in 8 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Pinecrest

January 30, 2016

By Visitor301

Brookdale Pinecrest was fine and pretty good. They showed me around and I saw a 1-bedroom apartment with bath, full kitchen and a living room. It was of the right size. They have a library and dining room. My golf course is right next door to it.

January 25, 2016

By Caring Son27

We stopped to visit Brookdale Pinecrest for a few minutes, and the place seemed nice. They had a nice swimming pool, and their dining area was very nice as well. They had a coffee shop and a nice library, too.

December 31, 2015

By David118181050

I found Brookdale Pinecrest. The activities impressed me. There is a swimming pool; there’s bingo. There are all kinds of visiting musicians and choirs. They have very liberal transportation service and very elegant dining and I got to say moderate pricing. The staff is long term, high quality, and friendly. The food is excellent with a large variety of choice at every meal and it’s very well done.

October 29, 2015

By Guenter

Brookdale Pinecrest was a high-rise apartment building. It was very clean with a good view all the way around. They had nice people. It was very homey inside. The homes themselves were almost in the same size. If you wanted two bedrooms, they were about 30 square feet.

September 30, 2015

By Lorraine36

I enjoyed the visit at Brookdale Pinecrest, and I was very impressed with it. I thought it was a little pricey. The accommodations were very nice, I like the atmosphere, and it was a wonderful community. It had everything that I was really looking for. They have a dining, 1 and 2 bedroom options, and a pool. They have all kinds of activities. They have a pet section as they do allow small pets. They have transportation back and forth. It had just about everything that I would be looking for.

July 07, 2015

By Canton

Go anywhere else except Pinecrest Place if you need assisted living facilities for a loved one. My dad lived in Independent Living at Pinecrest for over a year and did well until he needed assisted living. It is very expensive to begin with, and you are charged extra if your loved one "wanders" or refuses a shower! Yes, that is correct. My dad was confused the first week that he moved in and had to spend time looking for his new apartment. The staff in assisted living is totally incompetent, especially on the nursing side. My dad didn't receive the medication that he needed for three weeks after he moved in. If this had been MEDICATION THAT HE NEEDED TO LIVE, HE WOULD BE DEAD. It has been a nightmare since my dad moved in at the end of May. I would never recommend this facility for assisted living. If you are concerned about the welfare of your loved one, you need to check and re-check everything that is done, especially the billing. I feel like I should be on the staff there, since I am either calling to check to see if something has been done or going there to check or talk with someone about a problem. Most of the staff may be "nice", but nice doesn't cut it when your loved one needs assistance. Competence is what is needed. STAY AWAY FROM THS PLACE!!

March 02, 2015

By Joyce106973850

I visited Brookdale Pinecrest, and it was all decorated for Christmas. Everybody was nice. We looked at several rooms, and they were set-up to be sold. They had a good restaurant and had good service. It was a very positive experience. I liked that it was immaculately clean, and they had 12 different people decorating 12 different trees.

November 03, 2014

By Happy retiree

My wife and I have lived here for over 5 years, this a wonderful place to reside. Everyone of the employees from the young servers to as well as all other employees and management are very friendly, and take time to help you and honor your requests. The dining area is excellent, and your choice of dining is varied, and the food is tasty. Diana in charge of activities keeps everyone on their toes, and the various parties through the year, as well as Friday cocktails and entertainment seem to keep us young. Anyone would really enjoy living here, and mixing with all the other happy residents

October 25, 2014

We lived in Pinecrest for a year, and we were not happy there because they had trouble with elevators, and sometimes you had to wait 20 minutes for an elevator to go some place. Then they charged us a dollar each to read the electric meter, and I don’t know whether they charged us twice or not. The meals come to you cold. Two nights ago I wouldn’t even touch my dinner; it even looked awful so I just sent it back. For dinner, you had to go down and sign in, and then when they have a space they come and put you there. They had a buffet table, but they wouldn’t monitor anybody so people would go up, pick it up, and look at it or sniff it or something. The hair gets in, and then they put it back on the shelf; you just don’t do things like that. They said they had something bigger, and if we just moved in within three to six weeks probably, we would have a bigger apartment. We’ve been here since December of last year, and we still don’t have anything bigger because they don’t have anything any bigger, so they lied to us. We saw some women playing bridge in one room one night, and I thought they were gonna get on the floor and fight because they didn’t win or whatever. The only thing I really enjoyed over there was the staff that did the cleaning for us; they were very good and very nice.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

October 17, 2014

By Peggy40

Pinecrest was actually our number one choice, but it was too far away. We liked the view, and the fact that they take you any place in Pinellas County, that they had entertainment, and happy hour every week. The dining room was spectacular. The apartments had been remodeled. To me and to my parents, it was the best place that we visited. The food was good. The activities were absolutely fabulous. I would live there if I could. If I could move down to Clearwater, I would have my parents move there in a heartbeat.

October 11, 2014

We have it narrowed down to Pinecrest Place. The people there were very, very nice. We didn’t find anything particularly bad about it. We didn’t eat, but I understand that the food is very good. It was just very expensive. There was a class of probably 12 people exercising in their chairs. That’s good because they were very old.

September 30, 2014

By Vallerie

Mom did very well at Pinecrest Place. She complained about the food, but that is something she complains about everywhere she goes.They took care of her, she got her pills OK, she got her showers, they took her down to the lunch room, and everything went really well. They had arts and crafts and music day; they had all kinds of activities. There was something going on every day. The staff seemed to be OK, but they knew she is deaf, and they were just talking louder; that is not what she needs. That's about the only thing they really need to be trained a little more in when they get to somebody who can't hear.

September 04, 2014

By Bob K.

Top notch living. Top notch care. Staff that are dedicated and care so much and stay involved in their residents lives because they care.

September 01, 2014

By Carlos3

The view in The Pinecrest Place was nice. It was looking over a beautiful lake and a beautiful golf course. However, I didn't like it because it had two towers and they had too few elevators. It would take a long time to go up or down. The other part was that they had so many people that you had to wait in the dining area to be seated at a table.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

July 31, 2014

We were at Pinecrest Place. They change you for everything little thing that they do for you, but the staff were very nice and with the food they had a bit of variety. I have to pay for my electricity in this facility and when you turn on the air conditioner on, it costs you money. I have a dog and they told me that I need to pay $750 for me to keep it, but then they told me that I cannot longer live there and they didn’t return my money back for that.

June 19, 2014

The staff at Pinecrest were very nice. I really like the view of this facility, and it was clean. I would recommend this facility, but not for its cost because it's expensive.

June 05, 2014

By Katefrenche

My mother is going on her 3rd year at this facility. Her first two years were spent in independent living, and now she is in assisted living. It may be a bit older of a facility, and I admit the bathrooms could be much more user friendly for elderly, but they are continually updating and the care and attitude of the aids that are with my mother daily, more than make up for any short comings in the building It may prove different for someone in a wheel chair, I really can't say because my mother uses a walker. There is a positive and happy atmosphere, especially in assisted living, where they have much more contact with staff. My mom is a tough one to please, and to go over and have her smile and say she had a good day....that makes a good facility. Oh, and yesterday, she could not stop saying how great the Lasagna was (its Italian week)...she's finally happy. I about fell out of my chair.

June 05, 2014

By Katefrench

May 21, 2014

My father is at Pinecrest Place. He wanted to go to this facility for a long time because he likes it there. The place is very well run. The staff are very nice. Overall it's a top-notch place. My father has a very nice apartment on the 9th floor that overlooks a golf course and a park, and that is very nice. He also loves the food.

April 22, 2014

I would not recommend anyone going to Pinecrest Place. This facility is overpriced and the staff are very impersonal. The food is lousy. The care is extremely expensive. It's run more like a hotel when it is an assisted living. I really don’t have anything good to say about it. I think they need to provide better food and better personal care at a reasonable price.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Pinecrest Place. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your observations in greater detail.

February 26, 2014

Pinecrest is excellent. It’s a large community. We’ve eaten there and the dining facilities are excellent. The food, the menu and the transportation are. I see they have a good transportation schedule and they’ll take you anywhere you want to go. They have an activities calendar. The staff is excellent. That’s why we decided we want to go there.

February 13, 2014

Pinecrest was great and we met with Debra who was our contact there. She was real close to my dad in age and she was very nice and diligent in following up with everything. We had lunch and the food was delicious. The rooms were very spacious with huge closets. It had a living room, bedroom, a full bathroom and kitchen. It had a beautiful view and the building had no smell. You could tell the residents were very well kept, they seemed very happy and they were interacting with others.

January 31, 2014

My mom lives in Pinecrest Place. It is more reasonable for my mom at this time with her financial situation. I liked their accommodation for the memory care unit. They keep the facility very clean. My mom's room is spacious. She has a full size bed and a dresser. I wish she had a better view, but it is the only room available. I also wish they can decorate the room a little better. Initially they say it comes furnished, but when I am signing the contract, they say that it did not, but they end up partially furnishing it. Actually, I still have to talk to them this week about maybe putting other pieces of furniture for her. The staff and nurses are very nice. The CNAs and the aides give excellent care. The doctor and the physician's assistant visits once a week. They check in the patients. The food is very good. They always have recreation for the seniors.

January 30, 2014

As far as I know Pinecrest Place is a good place. My dad is in there. I'm not sure about their activities, but I'm sure that they do everything they can to keep their residents happy. The food is good. The people seemed to be very friendly.

January 28, 2014

By evergreens

A positive experience all the way around. Beautiful facility, a supportive and friendly staff and more amenities than I expected.

January 28, 2014

We looked at Pinecrest. It was very nice but what's the problem was the price. I don't think we'll be able to afford to go into it. I found the rooms compared to what we have, very small and the location was a little further out and it's a lovely place. There's no reason not to go there. We actually went in unexpected and they invited us to dinner that night and we had a marvelous dinner. I don't think there's anything missing from Pinecrest. It's really great.

December 30, 2013

I had a very positive visit at Pinecrest Place. My sister made a trip there with my mother that I had arranged and I followed it up with a visit separately when I was down there. My sister's visit was a little more involved because she was with my mother and they had lunch there. They experienced the dining room and all that. They really liked that. They had special parking with our names when we showed up. It was just a very informative, friendly and inclusive visit. But I wasn't crazy about their bathroom. I didn't think they were truly handicapped accessible that they should have been. She actually had a safer bathroom in her own home. You had to climb over a little curve to get in and out of the shower and there wasn't a grip where it needed to be when you get in and out. Then when I complained about it, they had showed me other apartment wherein they had upgraded a little more and they had add up the appropriate grip and cut out the curve. So, you still had entry that was lower. But there wasn't a seat in there. It was like you gained and lost. That was the biggest downfall. It was the most challenging for an elderly living alone. The place was also rather big and a lot to navigate for an elder lady. But everything else was a homerun. The apartment was spacious, clean and nicely done. The dining room was great.

December 02, 2013

By Julie25

We chose Pinecrest and we are really happy with the facility. The staff is really nice and it's just a really nice place. They have a lot of activities and they take the residents out. They have been there for about two months now and they are really happy there.

November 23, 2013

By LovelyLady000091

Pine Crest is wonderful. It's clean, beautiful, and everything looks up to date. It's very impressive from the whole overlook of it. It had nice views from the rooms. It's big and it sits on a golf course. They have elevators and a big dining room. Their staff was helpful, friendly, and very accommodating. They have very reasonable rates and the food is good. We wanted mom and dad to move there, but it was too far from the VA facility. It would have been my choice.

September 29, 2013

By Barbara65838050

Pinecrest Place was beautiful and gorgeous, no doubt about it. It was decorated beautifully and more hospital-like. I only spoke to the sales representatives and everybody was very friendly and helpful. I saw one person at the desk. I didn't see too many of the staff there. A medical personnel came twice a week. The rooms were lovely, they had their own beauty shop and it was just convenient for everything. They had happy hour and movie night too. However, they did not take Medicaid, only private pay. I would have put my mom there if I had the money.

May 31, 2013

By caring8428

The place was really good, and I have no complaints when my mom was in the independent living. But they are totally inept and incompetent in the assisted living. They didn't know what they were doing. The person that's in-charge of the assisted living, the manager side and the nursing side, are terribly incompetent. It was very frustrating for me. And since my mother has Alzheimer's, she can barely communicate with people. So I couldn't ask her questions, and I can only ask the staff. The staff was not communicating. They knew I was the primary caregiver, but they never informed me of any health issue. No one would answer my emails. They were not nice to me and my mom.

April 17, 2013

By caring0401313

I drove 20 miles down to Pinecrest Place and I'm disabled, so it's not easy for me to get there. But, when I got there, a lady from their staff told me that they're not taking anybody with scooters. I thought it was very rude and it kind of pissed me off because they knew I had a scooter, but made the appointment anyway. I would not have had any reason to drive all the way down there.

March 28, 2013

By Caring 1760

Pinecrest was very well-maintained. I liked it a lot. However, it was not as luxurious as that of where my sister-in-law is currently at. The activities center is smaller. I sampled the food and it wasn't as tasty.

February 15, 2013

By Marigold1

Pinecrest Place is more of a condo turned into a facility. It is probably one of the least expensive. But it didn't include meals, and it didn't include a lot of things. But every day they would have different activities. They also have a little movie theater and a lot other amenities. Condo associations don't have a lot of grounds to walk, but they do have an area where they could get out and walk their dogs. The staff is very nice, the place is clean, and there's a parking garage. The units are like a regular apartment with a full kitchen.

January 25, 2013

By Mary Anne2

I like Pinecrest Place. It is very, very nice. It's a little more expensive, but a little bit more classy. The people are extremely friendly and helpful and the food is very good. We liked the apartments very, very much. The ones we looked at were overlooking the golf course and the lake.

January 18, 2013

By KO Lady

Late last summer we made the decision to place our mother/mother-in-law into assisted living. We noticed some progressive memory loss and felt she needed some assistance. We looked at several places in the Largo area and found Pinecrest to meet all of her needs. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the smiling faces of both residents and staff, the great food, the abundance of activities, etc. Our mother was very resistant to the notion of being moved and was not cooperative during the interviews. However, she relented and was moved in an unbelievable short timeframe by a mover that Pinecrest recommended. (They were excellent!) After 3 weeks, our mother was still having difficulty finding her way around and understanding directions. The staff notified us and recommended that she be placed in their memory care unit. She's been there since mid September and is adjusting beautifully. She now call s this her home and she thinks she's been there for years. She is very happy with the staff and they are attentive. Since we are out of state, we cannot be there regularly to check on her so they keep us up to speed with what's going on. We REALLY like Pinecrest and it deserves the high ratings that it receives. We couldn't have done any better for our mother.

December 16, 2012

By Margaret Trezona

a very well run facility supplying all my needs, services, etc. also provides either rental or purchase plans at fair priced. It is Nivenand clean and provides many services, entertainment and bus services. all necessary needs are met adequately.

November 02, 2012

We had three meals at the Pinecrest. The food was good. The place was very pleasant as well as the people that live there. The apartments are nice and the atmosphere is very good. They have an outdoor pool.

August 14, 2012

By Steve7

Absolutely fabulous facility! They were terrific. Absolutely terrific. They showed us around and they were informative. I thought they did everything right. I like the place, it was very good. We get to sample their food and it was great. I was very impressed with everything. I thought they were excellent!

March 10, 2012

By Michaelsmith34

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post a review about this place because it was fairly pleasant to visit. I recently had to move my mother to this facility because she didn't like being alone. She actually was excited to go unlike the others that i have heard of. I heard a few horror stories about assisted living homes but i decided to give it a shot. My first impression were fairly good, we checked her in and we explored the building. First things first,it feels like you are in a hotel. It looks like a hotel and even smells like a hotel. Her room was pretty fancy, looking out towards the pool. They boast a nice array of things to do, such as billiards, computer labs, libraries, a heated pool. and some fun classes and such. The employees seemed very kind and willing to help us out if we needed anything. The only complaint that i have is the patio by the pool seemed a little dirty when i visited; maybe it was just dirty the day i went im not sure. Overall it seems like a nice place for her, she has only been there for a month so hopefully she will like it more after time goes on.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Pinecrest

About Brookdale Pinecrest

Brookdale Pinecrest provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Largo, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Pinecrest can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Pinecrest is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Largo, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Pinecrest