Atria Meridian

3061 Donnelly Drive, Lantana, FL, 33462

Reviews of Atria Meridian

August 23, 2016

By Mike584607

We had a very good reception at Atria Meridian. The food was very good, well served, and on time. They had a good staff. The rooms were big, and everything looked good.

May 22, 2016

By JeffOAHLN

My father is at Atria Meridian. All in all it's OK; there was nothing exceptional. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are average. The grounds were nice. It's an older, well-maintained facility.

Hi, Jeff. We strive for exceptional service, and I'm here to help. If you want to tell me more, you can reach me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

October 31, 2015

I really loved Atria Meridian, but I couldn't afford it. Their apartments were much nicer than any of the apartments I had seen. The food was good, and their service appeared to be very nice. They seemed very friendly, knew everybody's name, and seemed very accommodating with whatever you needed like if you needed help moving. They had a movie room, services for transportation, and a swimming pool.

October 09, 2015

By taurus22

Terrible place to put your loved one. Executive Director rude to residents, she has no patience with elderly people and should not be working in senior care. Terrible food and place is filthy. Smells like urine and I have seen some cockroaches. Get your loved ones out of that place. Atria of Lantana not worth the money

Your comments about your experience is concerning to us. Please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

July 28, 2015

By Catherine30

The staff were very helpful, very accommodating, and very interested with my aunt and her interests at Atria Meridian. My aunt found it to be a comfortable place to live. Their dining room was being repainted. I liked that they did not have certain times for feeding. The residents could eat any time they want, so that was nice.

June 30, 2015

By Betty91532750

I visited Atria. I was impressed with it. The staff was very friendly. The apartments were very small; however, the other facilities were very pleasant. One thing I was impressed with is their dining room. Unlike most facilities where you have dinner at 5 p.m., lunch at 12 and breakfast in the morning, their dining room is open virtually the whole day. I thought it is the only facility that I have seen that does it and it was very impressed. We ate there, the food was excellent and everybody was friendly. Everybody that we met that was living there seemed to enjoy it very much. They have something all day long. They have a glee club and they have a chorus that you can join and sing if you want.

April 20, 2015

My mother will be moving to the Atria Meridian. I liked it because it was a smaller community. She got a studio. It was large, and it had two rooms and a kitchen. The restaurant is open all day long, and they have specials. Everybody was very nice and friendly. They helped us out a lot.

October 30, 2014

By Doris34

The care is pretty good; it’s just my sister is very needy and sometime she has been in the hospital so much so when she goes back in Atria Meridian she thinks somebody to be there all the time. I don’t know how long she is a candidate for assisted living because she might need something more. They are nice enough, there is no problem there. They are accommodating, but it’s not a hospital that someone is there all the time. She has little dementia problem so she tend to understand that. They have plenty of activities, bingo which is for her is boring, mall, exercises, swimming pool, they go out for outings, there is a beauty salon, and movie times. It’s very pleasant, and it seems to be clean, I have no problem there. They come and clean her apartment. It is a very large community, long hallways, the apartment is modern, very nice and homey. They have sitting areas that are beautiful and outside courtyards that are nice. It has a nice patio, she has her own patio. iIt’s very nice -- that’s why we got it -- and you just need to mention something, and they take care of it.

October 27, 2014

My parents were at Atria Meridian. It started out OK, but the care started going downhill. The people didn’t come to the apartment on time. My mother ended up dressing my father more than they did. They seem to ran out of food in the cafeteria, they didn’t have any coffee; it just wasn’t they said it was going to be. I think they need to live up to what they say they are going to do.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to speak with you personally to get a better understanding of your situation. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors but in the meantime, we encourage you to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include “Atria Meridian” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people who can help. We hope to hear from you soon!

October 16, 2014

We checked out Atria Meridian, and they did something different and very interesting. If someone moves in to an apartment as an independent person and then needed assistance, they wouldn’t move. They would stay in the same apartment which was a plus. From what they told me when we were there is that people don’t necessarily know who is the independent living or in the assisted living. They are all mixed up in one facility.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady18

The Atria is the right size. The room was fine and everything seems to be OK. I'm not sure that we like it. The dining room is nice. The apartments are very lovely. Just my mother-in-law needs a little bit of help and this facility did not necessarily provide her with the help that she needs. They feel that if she needs additional help, she should hire her own person. She wants to go out shopping and they won't take her shopping unless she has a personal aide. The sanitation was good. The food is not wonderful but it's OK. The staff seems to be very, very nice. They're very cordial; they're very polite. I haven't found anything wrong with them. They invite us to dinner; they make parties. They have lots of social things going on.

July 19, 2014

By Robin31

What I like about The Atria is the architecture, the dining room accessibility, and the staff. They had more intellectual activities that my aunt would appreciate, like book club. They also had a lot of physical activities, like yoga. In general, they had a very nice selection of activities. The first time I went there I was invited for lunch, and the food was like restaurant food. It was delicious. I saw people enjoying it. It is open seating; they can eat any time they want. The dining room was very well appointed and very accessible. It was very clean. I would recommend The Atria absolutely.

July 07, 2014

By Frederick3

The food at Atria Meridian was excellent. The care was very poor. My father fell down a couple of times; they didn't give him the attention he needed. It was not a good assisted living. At first I thought it was very good, very clean, a caring staff, but once I got my father in there his care level was not that good. The nursing staff was not helpful. He lived there for about a month. The dining room was very clean. They had Bingo, a pig roast, a Hawaiian luau; they had a whole bunch of stuff.

I am sorry to hear of your father’s experience at our community. Your comments are concerning to us and we would like to connect with you personally to gain a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and if you would kindly include “Atria Meridian” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and hope to hear from you soon.

June 17, 2014

Atria was wonderful. They had a very homey environment, and it would have been a nice place for my father, but the apartment where my father would spend the majority of his time would be significantly smaller, and his kitchen would be in the living room. We ate there, and the food was delicious. They also had more activities.

May 19, 2014

By Arne Nielsen

My mother is 93 and has a beautiful apartment on the third floor with a view of the garden area. I have a Care Manager that takes charge of most of my mothers needs and find most of the staff friendly. The facility has an excellent activities program and a lovely pool. I have found the upper management somewhat inflexible on issues of change. Recently out of the blue they decided that aides were not allowed in any dinning room to help their employer and they would be banished to their room for meals. My mother will mot be checked on unless she can push or pull her emergency cord in the middle of the night and finally night shift employees are allowed to get away with unplugging a security camera that I installed to insure my 93 year old mother was looked in on during the night. If you have a healthy vibrant relative of friend it is a great place to live.

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and are so happy to have come to a resolution that leaves you with a great deal of reassurance in your mother’s care and safety at our community. Input from our families is integral to our quest for continuous improvement of the experience we provide to our residents. Please do not hesitate to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if we can be of further assistance to you and your family. We are here to help.

May 10, 2014

By Marvin8

I also visited Atria Meridian, and it's an older building, but very well-kept. The rooms are small. The only staff I met was the sales manager, and they seemed knowledgeable and capable. They took us around and showed us the facility. The concept of their dining room is more like a restaurant. You can go in anytime during the day. They have daily specials and a set menu and you can order you want. The food is very nice. I have no complaints on it.

March 27, 2014

By Lawerence

The people were very friendly and very nice at Atria Meridian. They had two menus. One is for breakfast and lunch, and the second menu, which varies every day, is for dinner. I looked at it and I said "wow!" you're going to be pretty bored eating the same things for breakfast and lunch every day. I didn't like the building. It's old, must be 25-30 years old and has not been brought back up to date. They've done some work on it but not enough to make it attractive. When I walked in, there was somebody playing the piano and singing.

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. I am sorry to hear that our regular breakfast and lunch menu did not wow you. In addition to our regular dining room service, we also have a bistro open to residents with a variety of options to choose from. I welcome you to contact us for more information about our other communities it the area at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria Meridian" in your subject line.

February 28, 2014

By Kelly12

My relative is already in a facility. She is in Atria Meridian. It's a beautiful facility. She has a one-bedroom apartment there. The staff is wonderful. The food is very good. For activities, they would do shopping trips, movie nights, happy hour, and they have exercise classes.

September 30, 2013

By Ruth14

The manager who interviewed us at Atria Meridian was very nice. They have an excellent dining room and that is a big deal for me. With regards to the rooms, you will be using your own furniture. I can see that the residents seemed to be happy in there.

September 19, 2013

By Aileen45

Mom didn't want to leave Florida and we thought that Atria was the nicest one in Florida so that's where she went. She liked everything there. The staff is very positive and always willing to help you no matter what you ask them. I have eaten there and it's very good. The rooms are really nice, just enough room for her to do what she needs to do. She has a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom and a little kitchen. I trust them and they really take good care of my mom. They have pretty much everything like Wii bowling, knitting club and a bible club. They have somebody come to entertain twice a week, bingo and a lot of stuff.

August 16, 2013

By VisitingAngel

I was helping a couple look for a place and they have chosen Atria Meridian. They chose this place because it is close to where they were living, so friends could visit them there. They also liked the atmosphere. It just seemed nice for them. The price is in the right range. It is a smaller facility. Everybody knows everybody. However, it does have a musty smell to it because it is an older facility. The facility has land around it so residents have an area where they can walk around, but it is a gated community, so it is secure. This facility also allows pets, so that is another feature. The apartment my friends have is small but adequate for a couple. It has a living room, a bedroom, a bath, and a small kitchenette. It also has a nice porch overlooking the pool area. The staff there is very nice. We don't have any issues with them. With regards to activities, they keep their residents very busy. She plays a lot of card games and he plays the pool. They also have different entertainers coming in, e.g. a piano player and a singer that sings old time songs. They have craft hour and exercise hour. They have transportation that takes them shopping at certain days of the week. They also provide transportation services to doctor's appointments, they just have to tell them ahead of time. The only thing that my couple friends don't care for is the food they serve there. They are not quite as nice as homecooked meals. They also serve the same thing every other week. I think they could improve on that. Also they could do more in keeping the facility clean.

I appreciate your review and am glad that your friends found our community to be welcoming. I am concerned, however, about the musty smell and cleanliness issue you mention, as well as the lack of variety on our menu. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with the appropriate staff who can make sure that our community is immaculate and odor-free at all times and that the food is delicious and interesting. If you have any questions at all, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

June 19, 2013

My sister found Atrial Meridian for my mom. The food is good. It is not a cafeteria type of thing. The rooms are like small apartment, a one-bedroom apartment, very nice. They have beautiful hallways and nicely decorated place. It makes you feel very comfortable. The first feeling you have when. They had comet nights. I like the way, it's a visual thing. You don't feel you're in an you get there is home sweet home. The people are very nice. They have several activities like bingos. They have several games rooms. They have pool table, cards, music. They do little barbecues. You don't feel like you're in a facility.

June 04, 2013

By SoFlaMan

My mother has lived at Atria Meridian for 11 Years. She has what I call "medium Alzheimer's". No short-term memory at all, but she stills remembers old stuff and our names, so not too bad. She needs some additional care for med management and bathing. You pay monthly rent for whatever type of unit you have (efficiency, one-bedroom, etc.) and you can add on packages of additional services, like med management, assistance bathing, dressing, transport to meals, etc. Not the cheapest place, but by far one of the best in terms of staff, food prep, available activities, cleanliness, everything. Yes, the place is not brand new, but only in South Florida would you call a place built in the 80s OLD. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a well-built wooden building. And I am glad they evacuate in the threat of a hurricane. I read a couple other reviews that were very positive, but they only gave 3 stars. Tough graders I guess. It just doesn't get any better than Atria Meridian.

April 30, 2013

By John37

My mom was in the hospital and my brother and I researched for a place for my mom. We chose Atria Meridian for her. She was there for two years. The rooms were very nice and the food was, I would say, fair. It is a smaller facility and not much residents in that area. Staff that worked there were very nice. It seemed like when a resident moves out they redo the whole apartment, they paint it, put new carpeting in if necessary. When my mom moved in it didn't seem like anybody lived in the apartment.

April 09, 2013

By caring2394

We had dinner at Atria Meridian. It was very nice. The food was good, the staff was very nice and friendly, and they have all sorts of activities. But the facility is in a 35-year old building. It's old and could use some improvement.

March 21, 2013

By Sheryl2

What I liked best about the Atria when I went there was the staff. We met some of their residents and they were awesome. But the building itself is old and when the hurricane comes, I was told that they actually have to evacuate the building, which I didn't like. The place was very comfortable and the restaurant part of it was very nice. We ate there and the food as well as the service was very good.

March 19, 2013

By Sheryl1

People were very, very nice at Atria Meridian. The residents there seemed extremely happy. The only thing negative about the place was it's old. It was built probably in the 80s with wood frame structure instead of concrete.

April 10, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Atria Meridian Assisted Living in Lantana while searching for a suitable assisted living facility for my friend's mother. Many of their family members live in the area, so this would be an ideal place for her to live. The outer grounds looked well-kept and pleasant. The staff greeted us and seemed very warm and friendly. The foyer was nicely decorated and seemed homey, as did all of the communal rooms. The activity calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for the seniors. There are also places for residents to visit with friends and families. They have many stimulating outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and even athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible. The rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to help personalize to each resident's tastes. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage residents to make suggestions. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that all residents were both safe and comfortable in this living environment.

Photos of Atria Meridian

• Minimum Age: Na

• Licenses: Standard Assisted living License
  • State Licenses: ALF AL4898

About Atria Meridian

Atria Meridian is a warm, welcoming independent and assisted living community in South Florida near Miami, where seniors are given all the support they need to enjoy an independent lifestyle. Experience three beautiful courtyards, a shuffleboard court, a peaceful fountain, walking paths, and beautiful tropical foliage and flowers. Or, relax in the heated pool and hot tub. Atria Meridian is just a short distance away from fine dining and theater in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida. Atria Senior Living provides outstanding comfort and care that make our senior living communities highly sought after as a top choice for retirement living. Atria Meridian can help and is ready to serve your needs.

Mix of Independent & Assisted Living. Our Restaurant offers 3 meals daily to all residents between hours of 7 AM and 6 PM.

Map of Atria Meridian