Arbor Terrace of Lanham

9885 Greenbelt Road, Lanham, MD, 20706

Reviews of Arbor Terrace of Lanham

Renita2 January 24, 2016

Arbor Terrace was beautiful, but that was too far from me. When we walked in it was quiet, and I liked the setup with the birds. It was sanctuary-like, and very therapeutic. They had a separate place for memory care. The rooms were very nice, clean, and spacious. The staff was accommodating.

Loving Daughter22 January 14, 2016

Arbor Terrace was beautiful, very modern, and had great security. However, the place was huge and would definitely be confusing to navigate for my mother. I like their dining room, though, because it was restaurant-type dining. I went there on a Sunday, so people were preparing for worship, and it was kind of busy. I felt like the residents were thriving pretty well there. Overall, the facility was beautiful. The room was very nice, but the facility was just too big.

Dee24 December 28, 2015

Arbor Terrace was pretty good, but the prices were very high. We liked the rooms. I would recommend them from what I saw. They had religious services, a beauty salon, and meals in the dining area. The dementia area was separate from the other living area to give dignity to those individuals.

Geneva4 December 21, 2015

Arbor Terrace has a beautiful layout and nice living conditions with a very homey atmosphere. The people were extremely helpful and gave full explanations on the accommodations and pricing. The facility offerings created an all-inclusive living style for the residents. They don’t have to go anywhere because they have everything right there. They have a reading room, a theater room, a salon, and a lot of activities. They also have different celebrations for all holidays, too.

Shelby Bay November 28, 2015

Arbor Terrace staff were very pleasant. They greeted me at the door and everybody was very pleasant. They took their time with me and answered all of my questions. A staff member introduced me to a couple of the residents, which I thought was pretty good because you could get a hands-on view of how the residents like the place. Everybody was very good. The rooms are big, hotel-like rooms. I have both of my parents, but the cost is double the price, double the extra charge, double everything. Instead of one and a half times, it’s a full double. In my mind, the add-on should only be half as much, not twice as much, but that’s not how it works. Their rooms were not big enough for two people. The dining area is good because it’s like being in a restaurant. The activity rooms look like they have an abundance of activities going on there. The neighborhood surrounding Arbor Terrace is scary. If one of my parents wandered off, I would be in fear for their life because it’s an older community. I wouldn’t go there after dark, that’s for sure. I have no one that I would recommend it to in my circle of friends. I would recommend this place to other people.

Anonymous115627450 October 29, 2015

I visited Arbor Terrace for my grandmother. I like it a lot. It had a very nice, active atmosphere. Their rooms were varying in sizes. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and efficiency, and they all looked very nice. The staff that I met seemed to be nice.

Caring92316350 August 21, 2015

Arbor Terrance is clean, and the nurses are very good. My sister seems happy there. They rooms have a room and bathroom. They have three meals a day, and she is satisfied with the food. They have physical therapy, exercise, bingo, and memory games.

Caring106812550 May 27, 2015

We found a place for my mother. She is in Arbor Terrace in Lanham, Maryland. We've had some significant issues that we are hoping are addressed over the next week or couple of weeks. My mother has been there for about a month now, but there have been some significant issues with the management of the front door, safety concerns, as well as concerns with protocols and procedures for new residents. My mother is 90 years old and is trying to transition, and so issues with engaging her and helping her through this transition, we have found to be lacking.

Everyone is very nice, very welcoming, and I don't have any concerns with people; the staff has bee very friendly and welcoming. It is just that they don't seem to be trained or to follow protocols that are in place. The facility is beautiful. It is very well-maintained, and it is a very nice facility. The food is very good. It is very well-maintained and very clean.

Caring104073950 March 31, 2015

I have visited what is now known as Arbor Terrace. The staff is quite accommodating and nice. The facility is nice, clean, and well kept. I talked to some of the residents, and they seem to like it. I thought that community is one of the better communities that I have visited and would like to put my mother into. They have an in-house movie theater. They have bingo, shopping, and movie night popcorn. I didn't get the whole list, but I think they have a number of things, and it is nice. It seems safe but the only concern I will have is it would be great if they have a security person. At night the nurses open the door, and if the wrong person comes to the door they wouldn't know if that is a family member or not. If that person comes in and wants to be destructive, there is nobody to help them. The look of it, the cleanliness of it and the flow of it impressed me. It is a very nice, appealing, and pleasing place. The studio that she was going to be in looks nice, and it is OK. The way they had the dining room set up is very nice.

Caring102444150 February 18, 2015

Arbor Terrace Senior Living was chosen because it was close to my uncle's family and friends so they could visit him frequently. The staff is excellent. The rooms are very nice and very pleasant. There is lot of natural light coming in from the windows. I have tried eating here several times, and it is very good. The menu changes daily, and if you want something that's not on the menu, they'll be glad to prepare it for you. You just tell them what you'd like to have, and more than often they are able to accommodate you with whatever food item you are interested in eating. They did discuss with me the activities they have, but my uncle doesn't participate in any activities. It is very modern and very open. The staff is very good with what they do. I'm in constant contact with various people in management there. I just find it good for my uncle because he is not able to walk very much. He got a nursing staff right next to him, and they are very accommodating to him. I would recommend this facility to others. I would check in there myself in a heartbeat. We had many other options, but we wanted to keep it in his backyard. Once we saw this facility, we knew that this is exactly where he needed to be.

Sharon101788550 January 29, 2015

I like that The Residence on Greenbelt didn't have a lot of people. It seems great. The residents seem to be happy to be there, and the people who work there seem happy to work there. The room is spacious. They have two full bathrooms and another room that they can use as an office with a computer and television. Then, they have a living room, a dinette, and a bedroom. They have a beautiful movie theater. They have an aviary where they have beautiful birds. They have a huge party room, an activity center, a beauty parlor, and a spa.

MommysAce October 28, 2014

This is a great setup for my parent who shares a two bedroom, two bath apartment with another resident. That are a perfect match for each other. The community offers lots of activities to keep the residents engaged. The food is good. The building is nicely decorated and well lit. There's room for improvement in the overall cleanliness; the wood floors need cleaning and the common bathrooms never seem sterile.

Caring7553 June 26, 2014

We have decided on The Residence on Greenbelt for my mother. What I like best about it is that they seem to have pretty good nursing staff. They seem to be knowledgeable and somewhat attentive. My mother wears this little alert buzzer; however, when she calls them, they may not come exactly as soon as she likes. However, she enjoys the food there. Also, this community is convenient to where I live, so it is easy for me to visit my mother there. The room is pretty basic. She has a shared room, where another lady shares the bathroom and the common area. They have various activities, like movies and bingo. They have trips to the mall, but as far as to the doctor, I take care of that.

LovingLife3 May 09, 2014

My brother really enjoyed Residence on Greenbelt in Lanham, MD.

From the viewing of the Combination Suite to the One-bedroom to the studio apartments, my brother was really pleased with the theater room. I felt so good about taking my brother to this facility as the Assisted Living structure hopefully will be the best choice for his present level of care.

I am so excited for my brother's experience of selecting his next senior living experience.

Big thank you to Mr. Raymond who made us his first tour experience on a Saturday morning.

ScottM2 December 29, 2012

The Residence looks nice. The staff is very friendly, they have a lot of activities going on there, and they take good care of them. It would be nice if they could fix the WIFI because it's something that my dad is interested in and enjoy.

From Arbor Terrace of Lanham

Welcome to Arbor Terrace, where the warmth and comfort of home and modern convenience come together to define modern assisted living. This unique community offers charm, extensive care and superior care, while providing state of the art amenities such as wi-fi internet connectivity and Skype free internet calling.

Conveniently located on Greenbelt Road, Arbor Terrace has recently undergone a complete renovation that has created a vibrant and interesting senior living residence. Here you can experience unrivaled service in modern and fun surroundings for yourself or with your loved one.

Three different service programs exist at Arbor Terrace, providing the right match for the senior's needs. In addition to Assisted Living, we offer a Special Needs living area that provides for residents with higher acuity and mobility needs in an environment with features focused on maximizing independence while offering comfort and service. We also provide an exceptional option for seniors with memory impairments as we offer a stimulating and engaging environment for residents and peace of mind for their families and friends.

Features of Arbor Terrace of Lanham

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: Dependant Upon Level of Care
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: 16AL0861-E

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Arbor Terrace of Lanham