Reviews of Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Bill O. November 05, 2016
I visited this facility
The staff at Elderwood was fine, and the place was nice, but we were looking for more of an apartment-type environment for my mother. It was more of a traditional type environment like the rooms didn’t have their own showers, and their facilities were a little more limited, but other than that, it was fairly nice. They gave us a complete tour, and they had a substantial facility. I thought it was a nice facility, the people were very nice, and my father may end up going there, but as it is right now, he refuses to go anywhere.
Deborah546157 October 14, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
We found Elderwood to be the best; that’s where my mother was. We didn’t even tour any other ones because we found it to be a good location and just very nice for her. Elderwood was very clean and very organized. The facility had the areas that we were looking for. It had a nice outdoor space, a movie room, and lots of places and different rooms that residents can go to. They had a nice activity room. It was set up very nice. I think it really met all of our needs for my mother. She hasn’t been there that long because, unfortunately, she was there for 2 weeks, and then she got pneumonia. She was in a hospital, and then she went to a nursing home for rehab. She is still there, but she’s leaving on Thursday to go back to Elderwood.
Wendy40 February 23, 2016
I visited this facility
Elderwood was very clean, didn't smell bad, and seemed pleasant. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant, as well. My father was impressed with it. He's not ready to go anywhere, but he liked the place. I was impressed that there was a library on each floor, and everybody seemed to be happy. We had lunch there, and it was nice. The service was beautiful, and it was a good meal.
Greg29 January 16, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We ended up putting my mother at Elderwood. The staff is very friendly, and we like the facility and the people. It’s clean and well-kept. She is in a shared room that resembles a bedroom at home, with its own bathroom. They’re always doing stuff for the residents, like had musicians come in during Christmas, play bingo, and go on trips.
Tina40 November 12, 2015
I visited this facility
I went to the Elderwood Senior Living, and it was a good experience. The staff treated me very well. They were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and very spacious. Both my mother and sister will be moving there.
From Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Welcome to Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster is a 76 bed personal care home providing a cheerful and compassionate environment. Our beautifully, newly designed and decorated rooms are a comforting choice for those who need help with the activities of daily living—such as dressing, bathing, eating, taking medications and ambulating—but wish to retain the independent feeling enjoyed in their own home. We offer private and semi-private accommodations to fit all lifestyles and budgets. Our main goal is to allow residents to live life to their fullest potential while enjoying their surroundings and utilizing all we have to offer.
The building has been a landmark in Lancaster County for over 20 years, and in 2011 the personal care community came under new ownership of Post Acute Partners-which has brought an interdisciplinary team approach dedicated to quality care and services. Post Acute Partners aims to provide the highest quality of care throughout the post acute continuum-from pediatrics to seniors, from assisted living to skilled nursing and long-term care. With a new stellar management team in place and our recent renovations complete, we are able to showcase our services and atmosphere that are truly one of a kind.
Whether your need is short-term or long-term, our mission is to exceed every expectation during your stay with us. With services in place to cover your medication management, meals, housekeeping, and laundry, among many others, we are here to assist you with all of your daily needs.
LIFE AT ELDERWOOD
- A personal care community.
- Private and semi-private rooms.
- Round-the-clock supervision and medication management.
- Assistance with bathing and other personal needs.
- Three nutritious meals served every day.
- Daily housekeeping and weekly laundry services.
- Regular visits from physician and podiatrist.
- Library, movie theater, fitness room, salon and fireside lounge – all within the community.
- Daily social activities, entertainment, regular outings and religious services.
- On-site salon and barber shop.
- Complimentary WiFi.
- Landscaped grounds offering a gazebo and attractive patio.
- Personal Care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Short-term respite care
- Specialized dietary plans
Schedule a short-term stay of two or more days for your loved one. We offer a safe, medically supervised environment with amenities that include three daily meals, social events and medication management.
Located in beautiful Western Lancaster County, Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster is just minutes from the Historic Downtown Area-a vibrant city packed with art, culture, shopping and dining. Conveniently situated off of Columbia Avenue in Lancaster, Pennsylvania at 120 Rider Avenue, our Community is easily accessible for visits from friends and family as well as exploring the downtown area for fun outings.
Please come take a tour today and see how accommodating Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster can be. Please give us a call.
Features of Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Financial guidance extra: Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster understands this can be difficult and life-changing for all that are involved. Transitioning from home, the hospital or a skilled setting can already be an overwhelming process; we realize the financial component can add additional stress to an already complicated situation. Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster offers private and semi-private accommodations, with affordable options for all lifestyles. Allow Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster to assist in exploring various resources that you or your loved one can be eligible for to ease the financial burden.
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): 328630
- Minimum rate: $2,100/month
Location of Elderwood Senior Living at Lancaster
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities