Country Meadows - Lancaster

1380 Elm Avenue, Lancaster, PA, 17603

Reviews of Country Meadows - Lancaster

LookingwithMom December 18, 2011

I would highly recommend visiting this facility. We were favorably impressed with the level of activities going on. We did have a chance to try out the food and it was really good...much better than we were anticipating. Staff is very friendly and seem to enjoy working there.
The decor is very warm and homey...everything looks new. When the time comes they are on the top of our list. Looked at 5 other facilites in Lancaster.

My neighbor's mom lives there and she says she loves it.

Sherika S October 14, 2011

My best friend's mother stayed at this facility for about 6 months before she moved to New York. Country Meadows is a beautiful place. The grounds are well kept and the gardens are beautiful. There are nice sitting areas outside that they can sit, take in some fresh air and relax. The staff seemed pretty nice too for the short time that I interacted with them and my friend never complained about any kind of bad treatment or rudeness. I didn't give them 5 stars because when we went there, Ms. Mary (my friend's mother) was just sitting in a chair not really doing anything and it seemed as if no one was really attending to her. I guess it's not that bad considering that she said they had just given her a bath and lunch a bit earlier in the day. The place is also not overcrowded so the residents often get personal attention from the assistants and nurses, even though not as often as we would give them at home. It's not the ideal place but it's not bad either.

WishDman June 02, 2011

Visited this facility

I live on the other side of the country in California but my family is from PA. I know that my grandmother had been admitted to assisted living as my parents had much too busy of lives to be able to take care of her.

When I visited two Christmases ago I wanted to see my grandmother who I had not seen in about 10 years. I didn't know what to expect, I wasn't quite sure what assisted living was, but always just felt like it would be an "old people home". I expected to find depressed old people sitting around in bathrobes and slippers.

What I found however was a wonderful home whereby the elderly who could no longer take care of themselves were able to do as they pleased but when they needed a hand the caring and attentive staff would jump in. There were also organize games which all of the residents seemed to enjoy and light them up. Also they property was beautiful with well maintained lawns, gardens and ponds. It was a pleasure to visit and to see that my grandmother was doing well at Country Meadows.

R4n53Fun May 31, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The staff at Country Meadows has been caring for my Aunt Gracie since late last year. She has Alzheimer's and does not remember most of us anymore. She is very weak and the nurses have been more than patient with us and my Aunt. I always have so many questions when I go in and they have always made me feel like they are genuinely concerned for my Aunt as much as I am. They remembered all of our names which is great because it makes us feel so welcome. My only worry about the place is the fact that my Aunt never seems to have anything to do. She is always just sitting around doing nothing and no one is around her. I'm sure they are busy with residents who need help but I just wish someone would sit with her for awhile when we are not there. All in all, it's a fine place and I would recommend it to others.

Hopefuldaughter May 26, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Country Meadows appears to be a very luxurious living environment at first glance. First and foremost, the complex itself is wonderful. The living quarters are spacious and beautiful and the environment as a whole is very comforting and relaxing. Unfortunately, the care at this facility is unreliable and irresponsibly maintained. In my experience, it has seemed almost as though the very roles of the employees themselves are organized in such a way that nobody will be held responsible for addressing concerns when they arise, requiring the most superfluous possible series of steps be taken in order to correct problems as they occur. I was forced to pull my mother out of this facility after discovering her caretakers had repeatedly been feeding her in ways contrary to her diet requirements and lying brazenly about the behavior in order to shirk responsibility from amongst themselves. Even after bringing up issues with higher degrees of management I was made privy to similar treatment rather than compensated in any way. No admissions of the facility's guilt were ever made and I was instead subjected to repeated denials and baseless accusations of misunderstanding. I absolutely do not recommend this facility and strongly advise against trusting any claims it makes.

About Country Meadows - Lancaster

Country Meadows - Lancaster is an assisted living facility in Lancaster, PA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Country Meadows - Lancaster for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Country Meadows - Lancaster