Bickford of Lancaster

1834 Countryside Dr, Lancaster, OH, 43130

Reviews of Bickford of Lancaster

October 09, 2013

The "Village Inn" was a beautiful and nicely laid out community. They did have a lot of common areas for their residents. It was just very pleasant there. Their rooms were quite roomy, but I wanted more of an apartment-type setting. Most of their rooms include a bedroom, a bathroom, and a mini kitchen. To me, it was just like an oversized bedroom. Their staff was very pleasant and friendly. They have a minister coming every Sunday. I knew a couple of ladies that live there and they love the place. They did have a lot of things to do for their residents. I also saw their menu and it was quite versatile as far as selections. The only thing I didn't like about this facility was that if I want to have my laundry done or if I need any assistance in dressing or anything like that, I have to pay an extra fee. They also would charge you $45 to take you to the doctors and back.

July 12, 2013

By Melinda J.

My brother and I visited the facility on July 9, 2013. Julie the marketing director was very personable and knowledgeable and answered all our concerns. We didn't care for the way a nurse treated one patients that we were able to observe. Not nice at all and very curt. She also ignored another patient who was asking her a question. People did not seem happy at this place. We were looking for a place to accomodate our mother and sister. The apartments did not meet our expectations as they were too small for our family. The rooms range in size from 299 sq. ft. to the largest being 460 sq. ft. They would have to be placed in the smallest traditional suite and move up per list.

July 28, 2011

Other

I recently moved my mother into this facility. I had toured three other facilities in our area and felt that this facility had the most to offer and quite frankly had the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff. I have been an LPN for 40 years, 30 of those years were spent in skilled geriatric care, mostly Alzheimer's patients. Even with this experience, I found that things were totally different from the family"s point of view. This facility has met all of my mother's needs, encouraging her to eat regularly, and socialize with other residents. They make sure she takes her medications properly and help her with her personal hygiene. The staff shows that they care about their residents and they truly enjoy their jobs. I have been a frequent visitor, as have my two brothers, and never have we seen a staff member walk past a resident, visitor, or family member without offering a kind word and a genuine smile. I could not be happier with my choice of facilities for my 91 year old mother!

Photos of Bickford of Lancaster

Features of Bickford of Lancaster

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3720/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• State Licenses: 2461R

About Bickford of Lancaster

Welcome to Bickford Of Lancaster, one of Ohio's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford Of Lancaster is conveniently located on Countryside Drive, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Illinois senior living community.

At Bickford of Lancaster, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Lancaster. Each resident of our Illinois assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Lancaster senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Lancaster. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Lancaster assisted living in Illinois, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Lancaster