Brookdale Antelope Valley

Reviews of Brookdale Antelope Valley

Overview of Ratings

4.7

July 31, 2015

I went to Brookdale Antelope Valley (Formerly Emeritus at Lancaster). It was clean. The staff were very nice, and the patients seemed OK. They gave us lunch. The dining area was a little room, they had a food bar, and it was a nice meal. This is a retirement home, and for what it was, it was very good. If I get to the point where I have to do something like that, I would do it there. I asked how much would it cost to have somebody help me with my medication, they said they will cost $400 a month and they have to give you all your medication, and they come and look for you -- I'm not ready for that.

June 30, 2015

By Robert110311250

The people were real friendly. They invited me on Veterans Day, and they showed me the place. The food was very good. I expected it to be like a dormitory or you'll not be able to go out or do anything, but it was all different. They're great, and I would highly recommend Brookdale Antelope Valley. They showed me some of the rooms, and they were decent. They had a lot of activities going on, like on Father's day, they had a car show.

June 16, 2015

My dad is happy in Brookdale Antelope Valley (Formerly Emeritus at Lancaster). The apartments are very nice; they are a bit small, but sufficient. The place itself is really pretty. They have a varied menu, and the food is very good. They have lots of activities. The maintenance is a little bit behind. They take a little bit of time getting to it. Other than that, it has been a very good experience. Everyone is very friendly, very nice, and very helpful. He has been there a little over a month. They have card games and computer classes. They'll take you to church if you would like on Sundays, and they take you shopping. They have cocktail hours, wine tasting, aerobics, and bingo. Today, they had children come in from the school, and they read books to the children.

June 13, 2015

By Sherie1

They were very friendly at Brookdale Antelope Valley, and when we went back with my mom, they knew who my mom was and knew about her little dog. They are very upbeat or very positive and really friendly. The rooms looked OK. The reason why I liked Brookdale over the other care facility was that they offered a small area to cook. In case for some reason you wanted to cook your own food, they have that provision there for her. You can eat anytime you wanted rather than having a set time. It was open for dining within their set parameters. I like that too because my mom doesn't always like to get up in the morning, so she can go in and have breakfast within the set time of breakfast or lunch. They have a chef that would cook you whatever you wanted on the menu, and I liked it. The other place that I went had a set time for dining. Their reason was to promote more social activities, but until you get to know everybody around you, sometimes you might want to go in at your leisure. I like Brookdale because of that also.

April 25, 2015

By Marge9

My father has been in Brookdale Antelope Valley since the end of January. The staff are very friendly and very attentive. They give him his medicines and help him shower. He is in a studio. It's a one large room with a bathroom, a bed, a couch, and a couple of chairs. They can eat anytime in the dining room from 7:00 in the morning to 7:00 at night. The food is very good, and he likes it. They have lots of activities -- i.e., bingo, painting, and card games -- and they take them on trips and to the doctor. With security, they lock the doors at night.

July 19, 2014

By Bruce19

My sister recommended Emeritus. It had a lot of activities that we'd like to have, activities that are more for what my dad is doing. We chose them because the people over there were more active and they did more things. My dad is very independent, and the people there are a little bit more independent than where he was. The best quality that they have is the interaction and the movement around a lot of people. They have outings, pizza nights, sports nights, and billiard nights. They do yoga and arts and crafts. They have an elliptical machine, so they can actually work out the best they can. They have happy hour for them once a week, which I thought was really cool for my dad. All the questions that I had, the staff answered very well. They were very truthful about what was going on. There wasn't a smoke screen. I was offered to have a meal there three times, and I refused, but their food looked really good. My dad says it is pretty good too, so that's saying a lot. They serve three meals a day and snacks.Emeritus is wonderful. It has plenty of parking. It has a lot of carport-type parking for the residents. It is really good. I like it.

March 12, 2014

By wman

The tour was very personal and positive. The hostess was informative and cheerful.

Let Us Search For You

• Licenses: License #197602691
    • State Licenses: 197608583

About Brookdale Antelope Valley

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Directly across the street from the Antelope Valley's only Kaiser Hospital, conveniently close to a large city park, national retail stores & shopping, near major global banking institutions, minutes close to the biggest and best concert & movie theaters and sports complexes.

Map of Brookdale Antelope Valley