The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch

8220 Natures Way, Lakewood Ranch, FL, 34202

Reviews of The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch

October 16, 2014

The Windsor is terrible; they lost his hearing aid and glasses, and they’re not brushing his teeth. He fell down and hurt his hips, but they didn’t know about it. Every week it’s something else, and it’s a nightmare. His room is awful. The food is terrible.

We are sorry you are having a bad experience. We’ve been serving senior adults for over 10 years and we are dedicated to providing quality services and housing. Please contact us at 941-907-9177 so we can address your concerns.

August 30, 2014

By Pat60957950

Windsor of Lakewood Ranch is an impressive community, but again, very expensive. It looks very appealing, very clean and well taken care of. The staff who gave me the tour knew what she was talking about and she knew how to give a good tour.

May 30, 2014

By Susie9

The Windsor of Lakewood was absolutely beautiful. It just did not meet my in-laws' needs. They needed a 2-bedroom suite, and they only offered one. But it was beautiful. It's absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained. It's brand new. It looked like they had great activities. We talked to some of the residents there, and they were really happy there. And they had lots of views.

January 31, 2014

By Richard49

Windsor of Lakewood Ranch is the one I like most. I just like its ambience. My first impression is that it was very nice and very upscale. Also my brother and sister thought it's a very good facility. My sister-in-law, who's a nurse, has worked in this facility and thought it's good too. It is also close to me. My parents seem to like this place. They're in a nice one-bedroom apartment and they are enjoying it. Their apartment is big enough for them. The staff's work ethic I think is very good. They've been very helpful. I like best that they know everybody there. I also like their food. Sometimes my parents don't like it but I like it. It's just a matter of what they're serving on that particular day. Regarding activities, my parents don't do too many activities, but they do go to sing-alongs.

November 28, 2013

By Mina2

I wish there was availability at Windsor Lakewood Ranch. The facility is clean, bright, and very well organized. I like the way they designed the building. They have their dining room off to one side. They have two different living rooms; one big with a television and a smaller sitting room. They have a huge activity room and a locked down area where residents could walk outside. They have a great activity director and they take the residents to weekly outings. The staff was very helpful.

Photos of The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch

Features of The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch

About The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
  • Courtyard Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
Apartments:
  • Seven distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and cable connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
  • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Map of The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch