Lake Morton Plaza

400 S. Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL, 33801

Reviews of Lake Morton Plaza

Mar2 January 26, 2015

Lake Morton Plaza is where my mom currently is supposed to be, if she could get out of the nursing home. They are great. They have a bus, and they take the people out shopping to Walmart and to all kinds of different places. They have all kinds of programs, movies, church services -- everything. They do cook outs outside, the food is good, and they have two elevators and a back-up generator; that's what stood out to me because we looked at some other places that were multiple stories and they only had a single elevator and no back-up generator. There is more than one room -- you get a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, and a kitchenette, so she had a sink and a full-sized refrigerator. My mom loved it.

Caring96479350 October 31, 2014

Lake Morton Plaza is very clean. When you first walk in through the entrance way, there’s a check in right there. People have to sign in and sign out. They have drivers that will take the residents wherever they need to get from there. They do have free transportation. They have a calendar of events that comes out once a month. They do outings with the residents; they can sign up in advance. They have exercise activities for them to do, and they do a lot of stuff. They have a maid that comes in two or three times a week to clean in there. That’s nice. I don’t know about the nurses because my mom really hasn’t started using the nurse a lot yet. Let’s put it this way: people know where your mom is if you call and can’t reach her in her apartment. They always know where she is in that building. And if your mom is acting weird or differently and they see changes in your mom, they always let you know. So it’s good. I’ve eaten there once, and it’s fine with me. My mom loves it. She loves to go and eat in there. They can sit wherever they want. I think you get a lot more room for your money, and that’s one thing I was looking for. My mom is in a one bedroom apartment. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. She has a nice big living room. She has a real balcony that she could see down to the lake from her room. It’s right in the heart of downtown Lakeland, so it’s walking distance to many places. It’s well kept; they have a wonderful place where you can go and wash your clothes if you don’t want them to do it for you which comes with their price. If there’s any problem, they don’t have any problem in working with you in getting that resolved. Like if your mom needs something or things need to be changed, they’re always there to help you. I just like the whole place; I don’t have anything negative to say to it at all.

Charles47 July 27, 2014

Lake Morton had bigger rooms. It had a balcony, and it was nice and clean. They had several activities. They had a menu, but we did not try the food. The dining room was nice and probably seated 60 to 70 people. We met a few of the people working there, and they seemed all right.

Caring80856850 March 26, 2014

Lake Morton Plaza was old, dingy and not updated. The rooms were like college dorms, very small and old. The whole facility was like a college dorm. Of the staff, Laura was very friendly, patient and knowledgeable. She was great. They have lots of activities posted in their community room. The dining area looked average.

Anonymous3689 July 10, 2013

Lime Plaza was fine but I wouldn't want to live there. It was dark, old and I didn't care for it too much. I think I'm not ready to move yet and nothing looks good to me.

Kuch August 15, 2012

In June 2012, my husband and I, along with my mother in-law, visited the facility. My mother in-law has dementia. We visited various assisted living facilities. Many are very nice. We decided on Lake Morton Plaza because of the location, generous sized rooms, activities, mentor for new residents, and the ability for Mom to keep her cat with her! The staff and residents were very friendly. We even tried their dinner in the main dining hall. They had candle light with dinner that evening. We had prime rib for dinner. The meal was average, but we weren't out at a 5 star restaurant either. One of the residents sat with us and chatted with Mom. The building is older than many of the other facilities we looked at. Mom liked this facility the best. We plan to move Mom into this facility very soon.

Caring672 July 24, 2012

I visited Lake Morton since we are still searching for a place for my mom. It was a good visit. The facility is clean. The great thing about them is that their staff are friendly and very accommodating. Although the place looks older. It wasn't brand new. But it's still kept up and it's not a problem though. I will still recommend this facility to others.

crys1977 April 14, 2012

All of the staff seemed neat and tidy. Everyone was very helpful and energetic. the persons staying within Lake Morton plaza seemed happy and well cared for. The rooms are quite spacious and very lovely. They have a large garden outside for the residents and guests to visit in and they are located right next to Lake Morton. This lake is full of beautiful swans and all different types of ducks and birds. The residents seem to like to walk across and feed the ducks and swans. It seems to keep them entertained and upbeat. There is also a swan breeding program as well so there will be little baby swans for the residents to love on. The grounds are nice and well kept along with the interior and they apartments are in the middle of downtown Lakeland, close to shopping, doctors and drug stores. All in all I would say great place!

From Lake Morton Plaza

Lake Morton, FL is a city known for an abundance of lakes in the area and the swans that grace the lakes. Lake Morton Plaza is conveniently located near major highways and Orlando and Tampa International Airports making it easy for loved ones to come by for a visit.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Lake Morton Plaza