Brookdale Oakbridge

3110 Oakbridge Blvd. E, Lakeland, FL, 33803

Reviews of Brookdale Oakbridge

Danette2 June 29, 2015

The staff was very nice at Brookdale Oakbridge. The facility was even nicer because they had a garden that you can go out and walk, but unfortunately we couldn’t afford that.

Alice41 June 16, 2015

My mother was at Brookdale Oakbridge for rehab. It went well for her. The staff was fine. I would have nothing negative to say about it. The property was well groomed, and it was clean. It did not smell negatively. It seemed to be a very professionally run establishment.

Caring106337850 May 23, 2015

Brookdale Oakbridge is where my mom is. They are in the process of remodeling, and some things are very good while some things are not quite so good. It has been satisfactory, but it doesn't seem to be consistent although my mom has had a few extra problems. They seem to have a fairly good nursing staff, and they have good activities. They've just gotten a new food director, and she is very good. Overall, the food is good, and I am sure that it is going to be much nicer when they get the remodeling done. It is a little tired right now, but they are making a lot of changes to the facility itself, and I think it will settle down. They have Bingo and different entertainment that comes in frequently. They have a bus where they can take people to the store, a walking group where they can go out and walk every day, and a hair salon on staff, and they make it easy to get things from the pharmacy. It is being updated, and it should be very nice when they finish. They are also expanding the dining room and the porches.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your patience as we continue to renovate the community, and are looking forward to seeing all of the updates!

Caring104331850 March 31, 2015

Brookdale Oakbridge felt more like a hospital. The people didn't seem happy, and I didn't see anybody smile. The staff were fine. They were friendly.

We apologize that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. Please be assured we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind.

anonymous105870350 February 10, 2015

I thought Emeritus at Oakbridge was nice, but my mother wanted more room than what they had. She even considered going into a 2-bedroom apartment in order to have a little bit more room. The rooms were small, but other than that, I was impressed with the facility. The dining area looked very nice.

Fran14 November 29, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Oakbridge was extremely accommodating, and they made us feel welcome. They have many activities, but there was no pool. They had entertainment and bingo. It was very clean, and it didn’t smell. They were very good. The main thing was that they didn’t have transportation to community events,and we were concerned about that; none of them had that. I saw their dining room, and it was very nice. It was very well lit and airy, and it would’ve been a good place to go and eat. I saw no need for improvement there. It was a medium-sized facility, and it would’ve been very comfortable to move in if we had been ready, but we’re not.

Caring96491050 November 01, 2014

Emeritus at Oakbridge is very convenient, but I think the place needed renovation and cleaning. They would take you shopping, to the doctor’s office, or to the banks as part of their activities. The staff was sufficient and answered all our questions.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback to help better serve our residents in the future.

Dr. Smith July 31, 2014

I've been to visit Emeritus at Oakbridge and the facility was pretty nice. It was nicely set-up, clean, and the residents looked pretty happy. The staff works closely to the doctors and when I went there, the residents were having activities. The rooms were pretty good and spacious. It looked pretty homey and comfortable.

Caring78582750 February 28, 2014

I've been to Emeritus at Oakbridge and the place is really nice. My husband's parents have been there for a while. The staff are very nice and very friendly. Their rooms are airy, bright, and of adequate size. The dining room was also very nice. The halls are wide enough to maneuver around and the outside area was very nice. I saw some activities when we went there and I know that they had something almost every week and it was good.

Phil6 December 28, 2013

We have Emeritus at Oakbridge for my dad and everything went very good. He has a bedroom off of the sitting room so it's very nice. Their staff are very good. I'm very happy with them. In general, they do a good job with regards to their food.

Erika2 December 13, 2013

I selected this community for my father because it had a 4 out of 5 star rating. This particular community is FILTHY and in dyer need of repair. Rooms need to be painted, walls need to be repaired, carpeting needs to be replaced. The staff is friendly and try hard, however, there is a lack of communication between departments, resulting in services that your loved one may require not being met. My father's dirty wash cloth (feces) was left on his counter along with the towel that was used to dry him. Common sense would have you put it into a dirty laundry basket and the bathroom counter disinfected. NOT AT THIS PLACE. Would NEVER recommend this community to anyone. My father was there a total of 9 days before we moved him out and into an independent community with us picking up the tab for the extra services that my father requires.

Harold10 October 26, 2013

We saw Emeritus at Oakbridge and that's the one we liked the best. This would probably the one that we will put her in, but mom is not ready yet for an assisted living. We felt that this facility would be the place my mom. She would be comfortable and happy there. The staff members that we met were very nice and the lady that talked to us was very pleasant. We saw the rooms and we felt it very suitable. I didn't have any problems with them at all.

Nancy35606250 September 23, 2013

Emeritus at Oakbridge had friendly and knowledgeable staff. The residents there looked very well. The room and the rest of the place looked nice and clean.

Carol67469150 August 30, 2013

The staff at Emeritus was friendly and nice. They had a little library, TV room and lounge area. However, the one-bedroom apartment was small and dad didn't like the food.

Pam15 July 25, 2013

The staff at Emeritus at Oakbridge was extra friendly and they made me feel very welcome. They were also very accommodating in trying to work with you. The facility itself was very clean. It was very inviting and very uplifting, not depressing at all. They have nice functioning-sized rooms. They have three different floor plans that we can pick from that would suit my mother's needs. We also like this facility's location. It is so close to my sister's home and me. This is nice because she will get a lot of visitors that way and that's important to us. There is also a shopping center close by so if mother is there, I can just go and pick her up to go grocery shopping or take her out for an outing. Emeritus at Oakbridge was just so convenient for us.

Brenda12 June 14, 2013

The people in Emeritus at Oak Bridge were very helpful and very friendly. They will assure you that your loved one is going to be a part of the family and he is going to be special.

caring532 May 31, 2013

A friend of mine lives at Emeritus at Oakbridge and I can see that she is happily living there. We visited the place and I saw that it was very nice and clean.

Rebecca E. March 15, 2013

Emeritus at Oakbridge is very clean, very new, and updated. You could even smell that they have replaced the carpeting. The suite that we looked at was very convenient, very accessible with wheelchair, and the facility was also close to shopping centers. It was right across grocery stores and movie theaters. That's what I like about that. It was a little bit more expensive though. But it's a very beautiful place.

commercesd May 09, 2012

We went to visit Emeritus at Oakbridge assisted living facility since we were already in the region, looking at places for my friend's mother to live.

The outside grounds were colorful and the interior foyer was like a nice bed and breakfast. The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch looked like what you would find in an upscale diner. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy.

The private housing options spacious apartments, and a variety of floor plans to choose from, were all lovely and looked like they had been personalized.

The staff takes residents on weekly outings for shopping and entertainment - and they also take short day trips around the region.

The exercise area has a really pretty outdoor walking path. The media center area was equipped with an extra wide screen TV and the community rooms were spacious and bright.

This is a nicely appointed assisted living facility that offers residents flexibility and comfort. The staff is respectively and professional - yet caring and kind.

Janice Coen-1 June 05, 2008

My loved one stayed here

My mother lives here. Had a good reputation but now is dangerous. They have given her the wrong meds and not given her hers. Forget to submit tests, allowing infections to get worse for 2 weeks. They must constantly be watched and monitored to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to. Laundry keeps getting stolen. Moving my mother out ASAP.

From Brookdale Oakbridge

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7902

Features of Brookdale Oakbridge

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 7902