Brookdale Highlands

4250 Lakeland Highlands Rd., Lakeland, FL, 33813

Reviews of Brookdale Highlands

Fran14 September 07, 2015

Brookdale Highlands was a very well-run place with a staff that is very cordial and welcoming. We were disappointed that they didn’t have vehicle services to local entertainment. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed. They had movies and games.

Caring111950750 August 21, 2015

I visited Brookdale Highlands for my mother-in-law. The place was great. The person that toured me was great. The dining room was nice, clean, and very well-appointed. The rooms/apartments were very nice. They were very well set up and clean. They would have been perfect.

Caring106286150 July 04, 2015

We went to Brookdale. It was very nice. We would have put my neighbor in there, but they didn't have a dementia ward. The staff said that they were renovating the place, and they didn't have a dementia ward right now, but he recommended another facility.

Brookdale seemed very nice. They were renovating it because it needed renovation badly. However, the room was very nice.

Mar2 January 26, 2015

Southland Suites - Lakeland was very nice. The apartments were very nice, but when I first went there two years ago, my mom did not want to go into a one-room, studio type apartment, which is all she could afford, and that is why she did not go there. I just remember that it was very nice, and I liked it. They did not have a pool, but they had a nice exercise gym. If the rooms had been larger or if there had been a living room and a bedroom area, then they would be a five because I would have put my mom in there.

Charles47 July 29, 2014

Southland is very nice; we liked that one. It was nice and clean with good rooms. The lady that I talked to was very knowledgeable and gave me all the information that I needed. They had several activities. They had TV rooms, they had people that would come in that would give them different amusements, and they have a gym room. They have a monthly calendar of activities. The menus that we saw seemed very good. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

Judy87697250 June 17, 2014

My brother is in Southland Suites. I like it, and my brother is getting used to it. The staff was very good. I tasted the food; it is in a balanced diet, and it is good for my brother because he is diabetic and there are some things that he cannot eat. Right now he is staying there as respite until a bigger room becomes available. They have different choices of rooms.

Caring82011550 April 21, 2014

Southland Suites was really nice. It was very clean, bright, and cheerful. They had very kind and generous people. They were very concerned about the residents. Their director used to be the director where my mother-in-law had stayed, and she's good. They had pretty good activities.

Harold10 October 26, 2013

Southland Suites is a little more upscale, a little fancier facility. It was a very pleasant place. The lady that showed us around and the various people that we met were very friendly. Everybody was very pleasant and seemed to like the place. We toured the apartments and looked at the rooms and they were very nice.

TedA January 28, 2013

Brookdale Senior Living is a brand new facility. It just opened last month. They built a special wing for dementia care. They are very good. They have a staff that's dedicated to activities and nursing just to help people with dementia, or people who are still somewhat functionable and can relate to each other and do things together. My mother is 92 and that's what she needs. So this is not necessarily for people with Alzheimer's.

tern1298 March 07, 2012

My grandmother lived at this facility for several years. Moving in was difficult but the staff was courteous and helpful. She enjoyed the facility and had no complaints about the staff but had difficulty with the people she lived near. Several guests were regularly rude to her and we, as her family, had some difficulty resolving this issue. Granted this is not exactly the staff's immediate responsibility to mediate these conflicts, but we finally were able to resolve the issue. As her health declined our visits became more frequent. The facility is well set up for visitors and as the family member of a resident we had no complaints logistically. It was a tough time for us all and the staff did as much as they could to make the entire situation easier and less stressful. We eventually moved her out when she needed more intensive care. I would happily recommend the facility to family or friends in need of assisted living service.

From Brookdale Highlands

Brookdale Highlands provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.

Features of Brookdale Highlands