Lake Wylie

4877 Charlotte Highway, Lake Wylie, SC, 29710

Reviews of Lake Wylie

Dee R. December 17, 2015

At Lake Wylie, the apartment is like a two-bedroom converted into one with two entrances. We couldn’t get our walker through the bottom of the bed, so we would have to come in separate entrances. We would have to put my husband’s computer and magnifier in the living room, and we didn’t want that. The people who assisted us were very nice, very accommodating, but the room was just too small. I would recommend this facility, if they wanted one bedroom and a living area or a one-bedroom made into two. Otherwise, I would not recommend it.

Lois24 October 28, 2015

Lake Wylie felt homey and friendly. Since I walked in the lobby, it had that nice feeling to it. It's not too big, and it only has 100 rooms. They have efficiency and two-bedroom. The one-bedroom apartments are not huge, like most places' are, but they are very nice, and they have a bedroom, a little kitchenette, and a nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. My mother-in-law happens to be in the corner, so she got the third window, which is very nice, and it looks over the woods, which is very pretty. They have transportation to shopping and to doctors' appointments. There's Wii bowling, field trips, trivia, exercise classes, and all three meals. We've eaten there, and the food is very good. Their dining room is very nice. It's one big, huge room with little sections divided off, so it's more intimate and homey.

Marie L. October 14, 2014

Choosing the right assisted living facility for your loved one is a challenging task. I researched the available public information and narrowed my search to five faciliites within 20 minutes or so of my home for my mother a little over a year ago. Lake Wylie Assisted Living was the fourth one I visited and was the most impressive by a long shot! What I observed during my tour was amazing...staff and residents interacting with each other; lots of happy faces and activities everywhere; and clean facilities that are not only well maintained, but attractively designed and decorated. My mother is in a one-bedroom apartment that is wonderful for her. The staff checks on her regularly and I honestly feel that each of them treats her as if she were their mother! Kristi, the Executive Director, obviously runs a tight ship and has chosen her management staff well. I know the names of many of the staff members, but hesitate to mention them here for fear that I'll leave someone out. They have all been great and I highly recommend this place to anyone seeking a new home for a relative. Please note that I used the term "home" rather than "facility" intentionally. I can sleep well at night knowing that my mother is in such good care.

s1967 September 04, 2014

My mother is a resident at Lake Wylie and has been for about a 1.5 years now. I am so happy with this community and the staff that take care of her. They all are very thoughtful and very caring. What I like the most is the interaction with the Executive Director and her involvement with everyone. Kristi is very caring and really cares about each person and her staff. It is a hard job but she is so graceful and always available. Staff are very nice and whenever I need something they are all very willing. In the beginning it was very overwhelming but The Executive Director helped us and guided us in the right direction. The nurses are great!! Lake Wylie is my mother's home and we love it!!

Phyllis Grant August 04, 2014

We are so thankful to have found Lake Wylie Retirement Center. The transition from moving from a lifetime home into assisted living can be overwhelming for the resident as well as the caretaker. After our visit with Kristi, Executive Director, my husband and I felt that we had found the right place for his brother, Stephen. The staff is very friendly and caring and it shows in everything they do. The facility is very clean, pleasant and inviting. If we were ever in this position again, we would certainly go back to Lake Wylie.

Jane1128 June 07, 2014

I have been a resident at this facility for a long time.It has been a GREAT journey until recently .This facility has a med tech who treats us residents god awful to sum it up its called resident abuse.I have personally myself went to the ED about the situation and she basically ignored me .I have never complained but my back was hurting so bad that I could not get out of bed and the med-tech said if I didnt come to her I would not get my meds that day she does that daily we have to go to her .I pay good money for her to come to me if I am sick. This is all getting out of control several people agree with me even most of the employees . But the E.D is ignoring this abuse going on. The place use to feel like home.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on our community. We are disappointed to hear that recently you have not had a good experience. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality of care. We hire the most caring personnel by investing in an in-depth hiring and training process and we have an open door policy for when issues arise. Please know that we do not tolerate any form of abuse, neglect or poor care. Please contact Joe Hessley, Vice President of Operations at (312) 582-0240, so we can follow-up on these accusations.

Katherine10 October 28, 2013

Lake Wylie was nice. It was more like a community type of facility. It was clean and well kept. We had a tour there and the staff treated us well.

Caring072401 August 13, 2013

I stayed at Lake Wylie for about four months. It was close to my family and less expensive than the other one I stayed. It was clean, pretty, had a nice atmosphere and lots of activities. My room was above the courtyard. Through the window I looked out to the back porch full of rockers; residents could sit out there all day. I only had a studio and it was small. I did not like that the sink was in the main room and not in the bathroom. It was supposed to be a wheelchair room and my sink was high but it was nothing major. I liked the set up of the dining area. Everybody had wheelchairs and walkers and they placed them in a private dining room; so there was plenty of room for people to walk in and serve our meals. When the residents finished, they just asked the staff for their walkers. My only complaint was that they did not always have the activities that they put on the sheet; so if you looked forward to something you would be disappointed if they didn't have it.

novasmommy2008 August 28, 2012

This facility is a great place because the staff are friendly, so many people volunteer there, the elders are always taken great care of, they have great food and rooms, they do alot with the community every halloween and christmas they give the elders a chance to join with the community to celebrate, i love it there.

cdayton August 17, 2011

I visited this facility as a member of Mom's group who brought our children in to visit with / enjoy crafts with the residents. We visited on several different occasions. Lake Wylie is a really pretty facility situated in a small town in South Carolina very near the North Carolina border. Though it is on a busier road, the facility itself is set far enough back from the road so as to make it feel comfortable and allow for ample outdoor space for the residents to enjoy. Inside, there is a beautiful home like feel with small apartments available for each resident. I really like the feel of these because they allow the residents to have a "home", rather than just a "room". The apartments I visited were always clean and well kept so it's obvious that housekeeping does a good job assisting all of the residents. In addition, the hallways and reception area were always very neat, clean and odor free. The residents here are quite independent in nature, and are encouraged to be that way as much as possible. Nurses and other staff are available to help them with their daily needs but also seem to respect them as adults and allow them to make their own decisions, engage in activities of their choice (there are a million different activities available! Often when we tried to schedule our children's visits we had to work hard with the activity staff just to find a time frame that would fit into the resident's busy schedules) and live the lifestyle they choose. Whenever we visited the residents appeared happy and as if their cares were well met. I saw staff address them by name, smile and appear happy to be at their jobs. I appreciated the personal way in which they communicated and interacted with the residents at the facility. There also always seemed to be plenty of staff available and so my opinion is that the staff to resident ratio is very good here. Overall I would give this facility a very positive rating. I always felt as if the residents were living comfortably here and the ones I met expressed that they were happy and felt well cared for. I would place a loved one here if the need arose and recommend the facility to friends and family.

From Lake Wylie

Senior assisted living at Lake Wylie offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Lake Wylie, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Lake Wylie has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Lake Wylie, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Only assisted living community bordering both NC and SC at Lake Wylie's distinctive resort area with close proximity to shopping, airport, hospitals and doctor's offices. ___ Charming inn design with private apartments, sunroom dining, and inviting porch & patio___ Multiple activity and small gathering areas, including a Country Kitchen and Movie Room with theater-style seating__ physical, occupational and speech therapy services available on-site___ Residents have individualized care plans and caregivers are supervised by a registered nurse

Features of Lake Wylie

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 7
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: South Carolina

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Lake Wylie