Freedom Village

23442 El Toro Road, Bldg. 2, Lake Forest, CA, 92630

Reviews of Freedom Village

Lori385278 June 16, 2016

I really liked Freedom Village, but the buy-in was way too high for my parents to afford. The rooms were beautiful, roomy, and well kept. It’s really a beautiful place. The staff were nice and friendly.

Anonymous106199250 July 29, 2015

My mom is in Freedom Village. The food is absolutely outstanding. There are four choices in every meal. The nurses and the caregivers are outstanding. They are doing a very good job. The facility provides transportation to doctor’s appointments.

Caring105812250 May 06, 2015

My mother was in Freedom Village. The rooms are very nice and very well decorated. It’s a nice and clean cafeteria. Good exercise room, good dining room. The staff is very nice. It’s a first class place.

Jean103837950 March 25, 2015

We went to Freedom Village, and it’s a little different as you have buy-in upfront. It seemed very nice, and the location was good too. The dining room is spacious, we ate there, and all seemed good. It’s a nice, secure area.

Caring98871850 December 18, 2014

My friend stays at Freedom Village, and they have everything. The place is comfortable.

Linda90289650 August 28, 2014

My mother is currently in a facility where she has been in for a year. She is at Freedom Village. I have been very happy with the staff. They do a great job. They're very warm and caring. However, my mother has improved so much in her health and so, I wanted to have a facility where she has a little bit more flexibility to go outside on her own and things like that. Since Freedom Village is more enclosed and they have a number of people who are a little more of the wanderers with dementia, my mother can't go outside unless someone takes her outside. They do have senior living but she is in the assisted living, which is a different part of the complex. The facility itself, I probably would rate maybe a 3 or 4, primarily because of the way it is set up. However, as far as the people there, it is definitely a 5. They have done a really good job.

slave4ups August 06, 2014

Wow! As soon as we walked in, we could see this was a happening place. The residents we all visiting and enjoying coffee and doughnuts in the foyer. When we checked in, the nice young lady told us to go ahead and help ourselves while we waited for our tour guide. You should have seen my son's eyes light up (he's 8). He went and grabbed a doughnut and was very happy. As well, all the residents were talking, laughing, and having a great time. I immediately told my husband that this was a very happy place and could tell the residents enjoyed living there. Our tour guide was very helpful and as nice as could be. We went into a meeting room and it was there that she explained that this facility is a continuous care retirement community that you buy in to. She explained that you pay a large some of money upfront and pay a monthly rent and the amount is dependent on the size and location of the apartment. She then went on to tell us that if my mother-in-law were to run out of money, they would not evict her, but she would be able to live out the rest of her days there. This is the huge difference between a CCRC and rental facilities. We were a little caught off guard with this information because we did not read about this before we arrived. At any rate, we went ahead and toured the facility and were extremely impressed with the layout, cleanliness, and friendliness of everyone there. Everyone was just happy. We met a couple of the residents, and one lady told us it was the best decision she ever made to live there. As well, the employees we met we also very happy and energetic. Our tour guide (I don't remember her name) seemed to know everyone we passed by, which helped give a family type atmosphere. Unfortunately, this location did not work out for us because of the large up front fee and zero return. As well, this is more of an independent living facility for active seniors, providing one meal per day only. My mother-in-law is in need of more help and is not quite as energetic as the residents we saw as we walked around. However, if you have a loved one who had $115,000 plus to put down and $2500 a month, I would definitely recommend that you go and check this facility out.

Caring86524550 June 26, 2014

We have several friends living at Freedom Village, and the nice thing about that place is that it is very, very close to our church. One of the things that we have been looking for is to stay close to the church because I was senior pastor there until I retired. Freedom Village has everything for assisted living. We had lunch there, and their menu looked very inviting and very healthy. They have Bible studies over there. The place is very clean. The people who worked there were very friendly and caring. All the reports that we are getting are that they are very happy to be there, so that sounds pretty good. There is a hospital nearby, a business area, a school, and a church.

Gloria0227 June 17, 2014

The staff was really nice at Freedom Village. They took us on a tour, and they were very informative. They could answer all the questions. The rooms were very well appointed, too.

commercesd March 19, 2012

Freedom Village resembled a motel, apartment or condo building, with a pool in the middle. We were checking it out for my friend, who is considering various assisted living arrangements.

They seem to be able to accommodate most senior circumstances with a variety of living options available. It also looked as though the staff could easily manage all of the residents, which is important to us.

The main area seemed clean and well tended, with a casual and fresh décor. The staff was very nice and seemed to treat the residents kindly - many of whom were not ambulatory. The rooms were nicely kept and decorated. The staff was friendly and attended to all of the residents well.

They have a variety of the typical activities that assisted living facilities usually have - plus a card game tournament that looked interesting. The food looked well-prepared and appetizing. Dining areas were welcoming and nicely designed.

Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, special events and celebrations. They also host parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested. We happened to be there when they were offering snacks.

The staff was very friendly and all seemed to really like their jobs and the residents all looked well cared for and happy.

From Freedom Village

SERVICES & AMENITIES

• Licensed nurse available 24/7
  • 3 delicious, healthy meals
  • Room service available
  • Activities to energize life
  • Loving, caring staff
  • Newly remodeled private furnished studios
  • Medication management
  • 24-hour emergency bedside call system
  • Transportation to medical appointments
  • Beautiful outdoor patio
  • Library with fireplace
  • Beauty salon on premises
  • Safety and comfort are our priorities

Freedom Village Assisted Living is Open to the Public and offers a loving, caring staff who provide assistance with personal care, medication management, and activities to energize your life. We offer a 24-hour bedside emergency call system with a licensed nurse on duty around the clock for your safety and convenience.

Features of Freedom Village

• Skilled nursing
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Holiday themed events

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 62

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: All inclusive except for incontinence care: up to a max of $300/mo and phone extension: $25/mo

• Financial guidance extra: We work with long-term care insurance policies

• State License(s): 300606831