Brookdale Lake Charles

2420 Country Club Rd., Lake Charles, LA, 70605

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Charles

Terry31 July 30, 2014

Emeritus at Lake Charles was very old, and when you walked in the old people were just sitting around, kind of not engaged and not visiting, and it had that old nursing home smell. They had very tiny rooms there too. The director was really friendly and very helpful, but it just felt like old people were kind of just sitting around. I couldn't picture my dad being happy to be there. The director, a young girl, was very helpful and very informed. I liked her. She was very easy to talk with. The place was not so great, but she was a great person.

Caring85247250 May 29, 2014

Emeritus was very good. There were several followup phone calls, lasting for months, just checking to see how things were going. I was very impressed both by the facility and the person who showed me around. There were three or four different styles of rooms. They showed me one of each. Personally, I thought they were small.

That's another thing that impressed me. While I was sitting there at the table and we were discussing the facility, all of the workers just showed up with a meal and put it in front of me. I was surprised. I wasn't expecting to be fed, and the lady encouraged me to go ahead and try it and gave us what was being served that night. It was excellent. I ate it all and felt really good about that. Apparently, they're very proud of it, and that's one of their selling points. Overall, I felt very good about the place.

ButterflyLady56789361 September 26, 2012

This facility has a very caring family of employees. The administrator, Jeremy F. has really good management skills and has put together an excellent team.

lsufan September 13, 2012

I was impressed by the services Emeritus had to offer, including several full time on-site staff members. The staff consisted of a nurse and events coordinator. The nurse cared for the patients and checked on their day to day needs. The events coordinator helped set up activities the residents enjoyed that also helped keep the residents fit and healthy. For example, some days they danced and others they had local hospitals speak on various topics. The facilities are nice, clean, and well kept. My only issue was the staff who can be slightly abrupt.

Kimberlystodder August 30, 2012

This facility was extremely nice. Walking into this place was like walking into an upscale hotel. There was a beauty shop there that was small but well equipped to cater to any hairstyle that a resident might request. When I saw the dining room I gasped... it was like an uptown restaraunt complete with fancy dining chairs and great food. The guests rooms we saw were like a five star hotel room. The residents seemed very independant. They seemed to move about freely without needing much assistant. The residents also seemed very happy, full of smiles. I really liked it here. It was more of a community of slighty older people who just needed companionship more than medical care.

From Brookdale Lake Charles

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Lake Charles

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer Class. Happy Hour.

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: n/a

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid