Brookdale Lake Charles

2420 Country Club Rd., Lake Charles, LA, 70605

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Charles

October 28, 2014

The people of Emeritus at Lake Charles were very polite, very nice, and they have a really nice facility. It is a very good location. The residents seemed to be happy there. I was just looking for a place that was better and the Emeritus was something I think that my mother would enjoy.

July 30, 2014

By Terry31

Emeritus at Lake Charles was very old, and when you walked in the old people were just sitting around, kind of not engaged and not visiting, and it had that old nursing home smell. They had very tiny rooms there too. The director was really friendly and very helpful, but it just felt like old people were kind of just sitting around. I couldn't picture my dad being happy to be there. The director, a young girl, was very helpful and very informed. I liked her. She was very easy to talk with. The place was not so great, but she was a great person.

May 29, 2014

Emeritus was very good. There were several followup phone calls, lasting for months, just checking to see how things were going. I was very impressed both by the facility and the person who showed me around. There were three or four different styles of rooms. They showed me one of each. Personally, I thought they were small. That's another thing that impressed me. While I was sitting there at the table and we were discussing the facility, all of the workers just showed up with a meal and put it in front of me. I was surprised. I wasn't expecting to be fed, and the lady encouraged me to go ahead and try it and gave us what was being served that night. It was excellent. I ate it all and felt really good about that. Apparently, they're very proud of it, and that's one of their selling points. Overall, I felt very good about the place.

September 26, 2012

By ButterflyLady56789361

This facility has a very caring family of employees. The administrator, Jeremy F. has really good management skills and has put together an excellent team.

September 13, 2012

By lsufan

I was impressed by the services Emeritus had to offer, including several full time on-site staff members. The staff consisted of a nurse and events coordinator. The nurse cared for the patients and checked on their day to day needs. The events coordinator helped set up activities the residents enjoyed that also helped keep the residents fit and healthy. For example, some days they danced and others they had local hospitals speak on various topics. The facilities are nice, clean, and well kept. My only issue was the staff who can be slightly abrupt.

August 30, 2012

By Kimberlystodder

This facility was extremely nice. Walking into this place was like walking into an upscale hotel. There was a beauty shop there that was small but well equipped to cater to any hairstyle that a resident might request. When I saw the dining room I gasped... it was like an uptown restaraunt complete with fancy dining chairs and great food. The guests rooms we saw were like a five star hotel room. The residents seemed very independant. They seemed to move about freely without needing much assistant. The residents also seemed very happy, full of smiles. I really liked it here. It was more of a community of slighty older people who just needed companionship more than medical care.

Photos of Brookdale Lake Charles

Features of Brookdale Lake Charles

• Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class. Happy Hour.

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Minimum Age: N/A

About Brookdale Lake Charles

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Lake Charles