Vintage Senior Living at Las Palmas - Laguna Woods

24962 Calle Aragon, Laguna Woods, CA, 92637

Reviews of Vintage Senior Living at Las Palmas - Laguna Woods

concerned_family_member May 02, 2015

My mom was in Memory Care Unit and we pulled her out after a few months. BEWARE - this PLACE OVERSELLS and DOES NOT DELIVER quality care for elderly. The Memory Care floor is tremendously understaffed, poorly managed and they make major mistakes. We got sold a lot of marketing and little real service. So disappointed with Las Palmas whose staff made mistakes with medications several times. They did not have enough people working to care for how ill the residents are so we moved out FAST --and so did many others.

Caring94803550 September 23, 2014

At Las Palmas (Vintage Senior Living), we really like the friendliness of the place. It is very open and very welcoming. My loved one has a studio room. It is a very nice room. We are very happy with it. It has a little kitchenette and a bathroom. There is a very nice view of the pool. She has a small balcony, so it is very light and airy. She doesn't feel closed-in. Also she loves the food at Las Palmas. They have a nice salad bar. There is a special menu everyday and if you don't like that, you can order from the regular menu. She is very happy with the food.

Caring70890450 November 28, 2013

I just liked Vintage Senior Living. The rooms and the grounds are lovely. The staff is very nice and thorough. The people were also nice. She has only been there for two weeks, so I really don?t know much about the facility. For the memory care area, I would like to see that they have a space where the residents can go in and out freely.

Caring72507650 October 22, 2013

What I like most about Las Palmas is the entire facility, the ambience of the facility, the staff, the service that they provide, the grounds in which they're located and the resources they provide including enclosed patio with pool. It's much like a garden apartment complex. The dining area is very comfortable. The architecture there is very welcoming. It's a little bit like a theme restaurant and the food so far in the several weeks we've been here has been excellent. Breakfast, lunch and dinner have been more than quite satisfactory. The only thing that's missing is a bottle of wine with dinner.

phishomi June 28, 2013

Overall very impressed with facilities, activities and intake procedure. Employees to genuinely care. Excellent food facilities (@June 2013). Weekly cleaning acceptable.

Need to be cognizant of rent points/charges so you can determine monthly service charge. Also be aware of what can cost extra, such as room delivery of meals.

logansmama February 28, 2012

My Grandmother is a resident of Las Palmas for a few years. The facility is always clean and the halls, rails, and walls of the facility are always clean and there is no trash anywhere. They have a pool and I believe a water aerobics program. Every time my grandmother has needed help the staff is right there to help and attend to her needs quickly. They are prompt when it comes to assisting with dinner or a bath and never make her wait very long if it is an emergency. The apartment she lives in is small, and they help clean as well. I don't believe they allow pets. I've never seen one and I have my grandmothers cat, so I don't believe they allow pets. They have a really nice outdoor seating area with a big fireplace and a small golf green or putting area for the residents. All in all I think we made a good decision on where we could put grandma. She likes it and there have been no problems. She has friends there and seems happy. I would recommend Las Palmas to anyone looking to put their loved one in assisted care or temporary medical care.

WonderfulDay58 September 10, 2011

This facility was provided for my uncle through medicare and I don't think he could have gotten a better facility. It was clean, the nurses were very kind and professional and the place did not smell like a dirty bathroom like so many places do. The food was out of this world with plenty of choices and snacks anytime my uncle wanted them. Unfortunately the care he received quickly turned into hospice care and he was moved to a different nurses station and into a room directly across for the station. This was for the best as he was becoming very frail and actually fell out of bed a couple of times. His room door was wedged open and had orders posted on it, not to shut it. This permitted the nursing staff to keep a constant eye on him. The nurses were top knotch in my view because even though he was confined to his bed and had become pretty much non respondant, they still came in to see him regularly. They would talk to him and he got to feel there caring touch because every one of them made it a point to touch him. You could easily tell he saw comfortable and happy. At one point I asked the nurse's station if they might be able to get him in a wheelchair the next day and take him outside to the atrium so he could feel the sun and breath the fresh air. He loved the sun as he went to the beach almost everyday for the last 15 years of his life. The next day when I came to see him the head nurse told me that they were able to take him outside and he spent almost an hour out there. She advised me though that it was probably not a wise idea to do it again as he was so frail getting him out of bed with out hurting him was very difficult. He passed 3 days later but I can tell you that he was very pleased with his last days because it really showed in his eyes. I think he even developed a crush on one nurse in particular. I am so that his care was so good.

From Vintage Senior Living at Las Palmas - Laguna Woods

Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Senior Living in Laguna Woods, California.

Make yourself at home at Las Palmas in Laguna Woods, California. It's a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we've tailored solutions to match:

• Independent Living, for our most active seniors
  • Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand
  • Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer's and dementia
  • Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period
  • Serving Laguna Hills, Laguna Woods, Irvine, Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo and more
All options include:
  • A safe, secure environment
  • Compassionate, capable staff
  • Busy days, rewarding activities
  • 3 chef prepared meals daily
  • Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips
  • Friendly people and a sense of community
  • Nearby Attractions:
    • Artist colony of Laguna Beach with its world-renowned Festival of the Arts and Pageant of the Masters
    • Mission Viejo Mall, Laguna Hills Mall and the Irvine Spectrum super center are just miles away
    • Abundant dining options
    Medical:
    • Saddleback Hospital
    • Mission Hospital
    • University of California Irvine / UCI Medical Center
    Pricing:
    • Las Palmas, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living starting at $2,200 per month, depending on availability and floor plan.
    • Las Palmas also offers compassionate Memory Care services and accommodations starting at $4,935 per month, depending on floor plan and availability.
    License # 306003637