Brookdale Lafayette

215 West Farrel Rd., Lafayette, LA, 70508

Reviews of Brookdale Lafayette

Barbara114309550 November 10, 2015

I visited Brookdale Lafayette, and it was fine. The rooms were very nice and of a good size. Everything was very nice. The staff was very accommodating and very nice.

Mike114504850 October 31, 2015

Brookdale Lafayette is a wonderful place. It is a wonderful community, with all their amenities and their great staff. They have been there for my dad from Day 1. They are very wonderful. I would recommend this place to anybody. They're expensive, but that's OK. My dad deserves the best.

Caring107035550 June 26, 2015

I thought Emeritus at Lafayette (Brookdale Lafayette) was a nice facility, but it needed updating, and that would be my biggest complaint. I found the doors too difficult to open and very heavy. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms that I saw were an adequate size, and the bathrooms were nice. I think the big thing is that it needed updating.

Anonymous108154050 June 16, 2015

We really liked Emeritus at Lafayette. It was very nice, clean, and very well organized. The price was a little too high. The dining area seemed good. The rooms were nice.

Caring105606350 May 24, 2015

I’ve been to Brookdale a couple of times. I was very impressed with the personnel. The facility was clean, but it was undergoing renovation with the new ownership. The food was great; there seems to be a fairly active director. The only turnoff there was the layout of the rooms. It’s a 70-year-old facility. The bedroom and living area were all one big L-shaped room.

Nadine4 May 23, 2015

Mother and I went to Emeritus at Lafayette. Walking in, it looked classy and elegant. It looked more of a home environment as opposed to a nursing home environment, which was very important to her. The staff was very sweet, very complimentary to her, very informative, and tended to all of her needs at that moment as far as questions or looking around. They were very forthcoming, which was important to her, and it was as important to me for her to be comfortable. She is a very hard to please kind of person, very picky, and very OCD about things being very clean and neat.

And here was my mother visiting -- this very elegant classy lady -- and even the residents welcomed her as we walked through. As they would see her, they'd introduce themselves and were just forthcoming, and I thought, "Wow." This is where you'd want to be, and this is where she wants to be -- not necessarily in this particular place -- but to have that interview and experience for her, because she likes to be around people. So to walk here and see people greet her, introduce themselves, shake her hand, and the gentlemen as they would see that she is going to sit down were pulling up chairs, she was like, "Wow." She just kind of liked that because I think the idea of visiting an assisted living or a nursing home per se just blew her mind away. She knows that it is going to probably happen eventually, and I don't want to pick the place for her. I wanted her to pick the place and be comfortable in what she does. She saw this place, and she loved it, she loved the people, she didn't feel like anybody was trying to hide anything from her, and that was important to her.

Julie106039750 May 22, 2015

The room and the people at Brookdale were very nice. It was setup very well for residents who have memory problems, and it was an all around community. If I would have moved my dad, this is the place to be. The residents looked happy; some walk around, and some were in the Alzheimer’s unit. The worker there was very nice. I had some questions about how they would be able to handle my dad, and they were very informative. The grounds were very nice and welcoming, and it is a quiet neighborhood. They go on trips as part of their activities. I would recommend the facility.

Pamela19 July 20, 2014

My mom is in Emeritus at Lafayette. Everything is fine, and she's doing well. The living environment is good. I just wish she had a bathtub, but she has a shower. As far as her apartment, it is very nice and very cozy. The staff is very friendly, and they try to work with her. They try to get her involved in a lot of activities there. They have a saloon. They have field trips. It is a very nice facility with no smell. It is more of a homey type of facility and not institutional.

Beverly33 March 29, 2014

Emeritus was fine and nice but not that impressive. The rooms were not that roomy; most of the rooms are a studio type. It wasn’t quite as luxurious. The staff who assisted us in the tour was very nice. They also have a lot of activities.

Christian2 August 15, 2013

Friendliness of the staff and the services offered at Emeritus at Lafayette were pretty impressive. There's ease with which a person can live independently and still maintain some sense of community. The thing I liked best about Emeritus was the setting and the design of the building.

Chris23 June 20, 2013

They are great. They gave the assistance needed to take care and get them on the right track. They made sure that they got their medicine and they were well taken care of.

rsam0823 October 14, 2011

During my visit at Kingsley Place, I found the facilities to be in decent shape, clean and well-maintained. The front desk staff however were not very friendly, and were curt when asked questions. When I asked where I am required to sign-in, they ignored me the first time. I had to ask three times to get their attention. When I finally got their attention they treated me as if I was a pest. The amenities provided were good, each room had a large living area, bed, private shower and kitchenette equipped with sink and mini-fridge. The dining area was clean, the kitchen staff were friendly, helpful and genuine in their responses. The salon and doctors office were centrally located next to the dining area and were clean and well-equipped for resident's needs. There were also large and spacious public restrooms that were handicapped accessible centrally located. The laundry area was small, however, and located on one side of the spacious grounds. It may be difficult for some of the residents with mobility issues living on the opposite side to access. However, the residents may request assistance from the staff. The nursing staff were kind, honest and empathetic. They seem to have a genuine relationship with the residents and the residents seemed happy when they did their rounds.

From Brookdale Lafayette

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Lafayette