Bonaventure of Lacey

4528 Intelco Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503

Reviews of Bonaventure of Lacey

Gary124259650 May 11, 2016

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey was really nice and welcoming. Everybody was really friendly, and as you're walking around, they would introduce you to other staff and residents. The food was very good. It's easy to get in and out of if you know the Lacey area. They have an activity room. Everything seemed very nice.

M7 May 11, 2016

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey. When I talked to them, they were like the average age of 80. They did seem to have more activities. They talked more about going out into the community and having shuttle to do that. The dining rooms were better. I just like this facility better.

caringwife1 January 18, 2016

I went to Bonaventure of Lacey for a tour and had a positive experience. It’s a great, community-oriented facility. The staff was made up of cheerful, helpful, and caring people. Everybody seemed extremely happy. I toured their dining room and could tell by the atmosphere and the smell that it is a first-class place.

Margaret Rasmussen October 31, 2015

I have lived here five years, and I would not move anywhere else. Everything isn’t perfect, but neither is any of the other places around this area.

DaughterCaring1 October 28, 2015

We placed my parents at Bonaventure of Lacey. The staff is really friendly. My dad is in assisted living, and my mom is in the memory-care unit. However, the issue that I have is that initially, when my mom was placed there, she was using a walker, and we had a transport wheelchair for her, so she ended up sitting most of the time. Now, she is at the point where she has to have two-person assist for toileting and for dressing. Also, she has developed a huge pressure sore on her right gluteal fold. As of right now, she is in the hospital.

They have a weekly field trips to different facilities. They also have musical entertainment that they provide, which my dad likes a lot. My dad is in a one-bedroom apartment. My mom is in a jack-and-jill room, where they have a bathroom in the middle and there are residents on each side.

maryjoblume March 17, 2015

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey for my husband. The girl that gave me a tour was very positive and very informative. The facility was a beautiful place. To me, I saw a lot more couples there than individuals in the lunch rooms. They had a couple of different lunch rooms. The apartments were beautifully done. The dementia care was very nice also. I didn't find any fault at all. They were very willing to answer questions. Regarding activities, I did not really observe any. I saw that they have a huge family area set-up upstairs. They had facilities that the family could use even outside, you know, if they want to have a family reunion or something. They seemed to really want to work with their people. It was a very beautiful atmosphere.

Caring106742950 February 26, 2015

The staff at Bonaventure of Lacey is very friendly. They try to be helpful and accommodating, but they are overworked. There are just too many people and not enough staff. The room is very clean and very nice. I have eaten there, and the food is good. The dining room is clean. They have a beauty parlor and a movie theater. They have a piano, and people come in to entertain. They have buses to take people to different places and trips. As for the security and safety of the place, I think they are good. They need more staff though. My dad has been there for three months, and they still haven't gotten his medications correct. I have had it with their medical staff.

Sharon101732750 February 10, 2015

Bonaventure of Lacey was nice and comfortable. They had an activity room and a TV room. They do have activities like bingo and crafts.

lovemygrams February 05, 2015

My grandmother is in the memory care facility.It is improving but the staff could use some improvements. They are always moving around but not accomplishing anything. Her clothes are often missing and supplies disappear quite quickly. When our family voices concerns they pretend to listen but the problem is rarely fixed. If she was able to move without complications we probably would but we are stuck. We will continue to monitor.

Randy16 December 28, 2014

Comfortable. The people here are great, very friendly, and overwhelmingly excellent! I enjoy the other residents; they are very friendly and lively. Katie was moved in here kicking and screaming and has been pleasantly surprised.

Darlene23 December 28, 2014

I feel good about living here. The people are very nice. The atmosphere is family-oriented.

Denise30 December 22, 2014

I have my uncle in Bonaventure of Lacey. Everything about it is great. Everything is wonderful. Their activities are great. They have a lot of activities. They have games, puzzles, bingo, bowling on the Wii, and happy hour twice a week. They have musicians that come in once a week. Bonaventure of Lacey is way better than the other facility. I would recommend this place to anybody. Before my uncle went to this place, it was like he didn't have life, and now he has a lot of life. He smiles, he is happy, and he met friends.

Katie10 November 03, 2014

The people at Bonaventure of Woodland are very good to you here. There are a lot of retired people, and also they are assisted living facilities and you get know those people too. All in all, it is close to my family. They have all kinds of activities going on here, and they take them out places for those that are not able to drive, and they offer a lot of varieties of different things. They want you to feel very comfortable here, so everybody is included and everybody has a good time. It’s kept up pretty well, there are a lot of assisted living accidents, but other than that, that’s not out in the open. Some days the food is good and some days are better but I can cook, we cook in our apartment and we got spoiled here. It’s a three-story building.

Caring99179450 September 21, 2014

I’ve been here 2 years and I really enjoy the facility.

Elaine22 September 12, 2014

The Bonaventure of Lacey was fancier looking, more beautiful, but more expensive. The apartments were nice, and their colors were pleasant. I liked that the hallways were more spacious and had more windows. They had open ceilings around their foyers that made it all the more airy and pretty. I enjoyed the staff. One came over with a sample of their food, even; she came to our house. She really went out of her way to make us comfortable, and it was all a pleasant experience. It wasn’t high pressure, it just felt like friendliness. We would have gone there if we could afford it. They were in a pleasant setting, with trees around, and more quiet.

Caring92302150 August 28, 2014

Bonaventure of Lacey seemed relatively clean. I liked that it was brand new and very contemporary. It was a big facility and much better than the one where my aunt was. I had the impression that you could get lost in there pretty fast because it was huge with a lot of rooms. The staff was very friendly and they did a lot follow-up by phone. They had a variety of different sizes of apartments, and any of the sizes would have been fine for my aunt, even the smallest ones would have been fine. They were a very active community with a lot of activities going on.

Caring72617350 August 13, 2014

Service for dinner was courteous but sometimes very slow. Meat is often overcooked and dry.

Caring96386050 July 24, 2014

Carestaff and ed techs are outstanding, Housekeeping and food are not so good. Activities- no reason to be bored. I know they are working on housekeeping and food- when it gets better maybe I can recommend.

Shirley96385050 July 24, 2014

Overall the staff is excellent. The system in dining room needs improvement. The do not have enough people to serve. The front desk is always cheerful and helpful.

Pat37 November 21, 2013

Bonaventure was a large place that was both independent and assisted. The facility was nice and it was very large. We met the activities people. They were very pleasant and they had all kinds of activities. The girl who showed us around was very aggressive. My mom is 98 years old and this woman was calling my mom Mom and putting her arm around her which was very cacky especially for my mom. She didn't know her so that was uncomfortable for her. When we got all done with the tour and she was giving us some information, she pulled out these Sudoku books or crossword books and she was talking to our mom like she was a child. My mom looked at her and thought she was crazy. We were very not impressed with the place. Presbyterian Manors is centrally located between all my brothers and my sister. It was more of my mother's decision than ours. She has a really nice room. I believe she likes the food there. The staff was very accommodating.

Caring66221950 August 26, 2013

We are living here in Bonaventure of Lacey. The rooms are nice and large. The staff is nice. However, we are not very happy with the food, even though we have plenty of it. There are lots of activities, but nobody participates. We are comfortable here and I recommend them to others.

Kathy33 May 31, 2013

We were quiet satisfied with Bonaventure and we chose it because of the combination of the facilities, staff, convenience, and location. The staff are amazing. They have activities for the residents.

kweepo May 12, 2012

This is a beautiful facility with friendly staff. The employees, however, are over tasked and cannot always attend to needs. This could be solved instantly with hiring of more staff and management instead of cutting back so much. Once our family member needed more assistance, the community was not able to facilitate the needs

From Bonaventure of Lacey

Life on your terms

Bonaventure is all about one thing: life on your terms. That's why so many people choose a Bonaventure community after they've looked at the other options. It's also why so many doctors, referral agencies, churches and others, not to mention 96% of our residents, enthusiastically recommend us to their friends and families.

We care about what home means to you. We're dedicated to giving you a caring, lively, comfortable, affordable place to make your home. We want it to be filled with family, fun, new experiences and exactly the amount of expert help and care you desire, from a little to a lot.

Home Cooking

Enough with the philosophy, let's talk food! Our in-house chef makes your meals from scratch every day, they don't come from a can. Our healthy and delicious food is often listed as a reason people make their homes here. It is so tasty, you'll be happy we have physical activities and easy fitness programs to keep you from putting on a few pounds! Don't just take our word for it; make us put our money where your mouth is. We invite you to come by for lunch or dinner. It's on us. You can meet new friends and get their opinion on our quality and service.

Transportation

Whether you're going to the symphony or the supermarket, we're here for you. Compare our transportation options to the others and you'll see how easy we make it to stay on the go.

Freedom & Choice

Your home at Bonaventure offers you the choices you need to maintain your freedom, so you can enjoy life on your terms. Spend your days enjoying our sunny walking paths, well-stocked libraries and places to garden while relying on us for vital services like top-notch building security and advanced emergency call systems.

Begin the Adventure

Start something new and exciting in your life. There's no place like home, especially when it's your home at a Bonaventure Senior Living community. If we're right for you, you'll know it 10 minutes after you walk in the door. Come explore your next chapter

Bonaventure of Lacey is located one block off of Yelm Highway SE, near College Street SE. Our beautiful, tree-lined campus offers residents a serene, rustic setting to call home and is just a short walk from William Bush Park. Our location is also minutes away from grocery stores, medical centers, a host of restaurants and boutiques for all your retail needs.

Features of Bonaventure of Lacey

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Washer/dryer in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Field Trips to local sites of interest

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,195/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2036