Manorhouse Assisted Living | Knoxville, TN

8501 S. Northshore Drive, Knoxville, TN, 37922

Reviews of Manorhouse Assisted Living | Knoxville, TN

Catherine26 April 28, 2015

The mother of my boyfriend is in Manorhouse, and they're doing a good job. They provide her meals, they manage her medicine, and the activities director provides outings twice a week. They take her to her doctor's appointments. They have bingo, games, cards, a happy hour once a week, and religious services on Sundays. It's a very attractive well-maintained property. They allow their clients to come and go without having a locked front door, which is nice.

Caring99049050 December 28, 2014

She has an apartment at Manorhouse Assisted Living, and it is very nice. It has a living room, bathroom, and a large bedroom. The facility is in a residential area with a neighborhood all around it.

Caring from Tennessee August 28, 2013

Everything in Manorhouse is excellent. It is a very lovely place. The staff is great. Their residents seem happy there. They are coming and going a lot, so they're seem more independent. I had a meal there and the food was very good. They do have a calendar or schedule of activities and it looks like there are three or four activities everyday. Their rooms are nice. Everything is very clean. They are lovely. What I like best about this place is that overall, it is very open and clean. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

PhyllisMc November 28, 2012

Manor House is a nice facility. It's close to my house, too. That is why I was thinking about my sister and considering this facility. But my sister can't be dealt with. She has dementia.

syparrish January 11, 2012

The facility and grounds were weel kept. i found the personel to be knowledgeable and helpful. They patiently answered all me questions and made a real effort to reassure me concerning the care they could give my mother. I was impressed by the rooms and the residents were friendly and seemed to like being there.

jameys January 06, 2012

My grandmother was moved to Manorhouse Assisted Living and my whole family was concerned with the way she would adjust to leaving her home. With the staff of Manorhouse my grandmother adjusted with no issues and said that she felt at home just after a few days. Not only did she have a staff that loved her just like she was a part of their family, but she met new friends that made her feel very welcomed. My Grandmother has been accepted with open arms by everyone living and working at Manorhouse and is more outgoing then I have seen her in quite some time. With not living close enough to visit every day, like some of my family, I have no concerns with her being mistreated and know that my grandmother is very well taken care of and she feels just like she is at home with family. With the experiences that I have had with the staff at Manorhouse I would recommend anyone to trust them with their loved ones.

LDE October 01, 2011

My husband has been in the memory care unit since May 2010. One of the greatest strengths of Manorhouse is the staff. It starts with the top down. The executive director, Scott H., is well informed about Alzheimer's Disease and strives to provide on going training to his staff. The nursing staff is attentive is the challenges of this disease and works with family members to seek solutions. The entire staff is courteous and friendly. The setting is very pretty with an internal courtyard for the residents and their families to enjoy. Family involvement is encouraged and there are special family nights several times during the year with live music, festive decorations, and a beautiful buffet. The executive director and his staff are accessible and ready to work with family members to provide quality care and a home like environment for the residents.

Michael F. September 28, 2011

Manorhouse in Knoxville was beautiful... It looks like a modern-age castle rather than an assisted living facility. The building is well-kept, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and it is in an excellent part of town. I highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Knoxville area. It also has a convenient location from the interstate, without being too close to downtown.

Ali52 September 15, 2011

About 7 months ago my husband and I moved my mother into Manor house from our home about 30 minutes away. I was apprehensive as how she would adjust to this change, but the team at Manor house really comforted us through the process and welcomed mom into their family right away. I really can not say enough about the managers and the nurses (Scott and Diane have been the best!). They were very professional during our transition, but also very easy to work with on any concerns or questions that we had... and we had quite a few since this was all new to us. Being 30 minutes away we are not able to stop by every day, but I really am confident that mom is in good hands. I have even spoken to a few other family members that have had their relatives in other places before Manor house and they went on and on about how much better it is than their previous experiences. I am sure not everyone's experience has been as good as ours, but I have not found those people yet - well, I guess with the exception of a comment about food - but mom says she really likes the meals and the waiters are very willing to get her whatever she wants if the menu that day is not to her liking. Oh yeah, one more thing... the housekeepers are so kind and thoughtful. My mom is a bit particular about how she likes things to be and how her laundry is folded and they take care of any request that she has. (thanks Debra!)

From Manorhouse Assisted Living

Continually seeking better ways to serve our residents and their families

To support the Manorhouse mission of exceeding customer expectations in a unique and outstanding way, we're continually seeking better ways to serve our residents and their families. In order to achieve this, we continually monitor our systems, look for new opportunities to improve or expand services and ask for feedback from our residents and their families.

At Manorhouse, our staff takes pride in their work and staff members are dedicated to making each resident's comfort and safety their highest priority. And, at Manorhouse, we believe in preserving the dignity and encouraging the independence of our residents while providing service in a warm, caring and friendly way.

• Sightseeing outings
  • Religious gatherings
  • 2 Full-time Activities Directors
  • Sporting Events & Tailgate Parties

Amenities

• All utilities (except private telephone and cable TV)
  • Centrally located private mail boxes
  • All units pre-wired for telephone and cable
  • Elevator service
  • Individual climate controls for heating and cooling
  • Self-service laundry facilities
  • Housekeeping and linen service
  • Formal dining room
  • Personal and flat laundry
  • Parlors
  • Three meals each day (restaurant style), plus snacks
  • Library
  • 24-hour beverage and snacks available
  • Private dining room for special events
  • Assistance with daily routines of bathing, grooming, dressing and eating
  • Activity room
  • Assistance with medications
  • Exercise room
  • Health oversight
  • Wellness Center
  • Highly trained staff on duty 24-hours each day
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Special services and programs for memory-impaired residents
  • Outdoor patios
  • Maintenance service
  • Full-time Activities Director
  • Recreational and social programs
  • Special Features

Manorhouse Assisted Living has first class, proprietary programs developed to serve as a consistent means to implement our mission and commitment to our residents.

Exceeding customer expectations is our goal every day, in everything we do. We believe that a resident's life in one of our communities should be an extension of the lifestyle he or she enjoyed previously, enhanced with premier Manorhouse service and support.

Features of Manorhouse Assisted Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: Level 1 included in rent, Level two $450 additional, Level three $650 additional
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,495/month

• Staff patient ratio: 2-1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Financial guidance extra: We have a certified senior advisor on staff
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): acl0000000163