Deane Hill Place

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Deane Hill Place

May 13, 2015

By Khaug

I like the community, the rooms, and the setup, but the administration was very poor. They did have a schedule of activities, but none of them would occur. The staff was in the process of changing over rapidly, and we weren't impressed with it. It was a nice facility with very nice surroundings, beautiful gardens, lots of walking space, and lots of trees and flowers. The food was average, and the price was good, but the administration was just not in control. We talked to some people that lived there, and they would say that things just don't happen that were supposed to happen. It should be a 4 easily, but the administration was just so poor. The tour guide was great, and she was the best person of the administration that we saw. She told us things that were supposed to happen, but when we talked to other administrators, they just were not tuned in at all. We actually spent a week there to try it out to see what's going on, and you could tell that the administration wasn't doing well. Their nursing director and all those people need to follow their own rules. They need to be more involved. They didn't really know what was going on, but it has the potential to be a very nice place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are committed to continuous quality service and care, and would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience with you personally. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

May 01, 2015

I chose Brookdale for my father because they allowed us to have his dog in the room. The staff is very friendly and patient with Dad because he is having a pretty hard adjustment. They are also encouraging and helpful. We have only been there a week, but so far, so good. The rooms are fine. They're good. My dad has the smallest studio apartment, but they have bigger ones available.

January 26, 2015

By Jack36

I've got my wife in at Homewood. She's in a wheelchair with Alzheimer's, and she can hardly do anything. The care is very good. The nurses are excellent. They help get her out of bed and give her a shower. She got hospice help in there now. They give her her medicine, they help her in her wheelchair, they push her in the dining room to eat, and they put her clothes on her. I've eaten with her a lot of times. The dining area is very nice, but their food, they have to mash it up for her. Where Fran is, they have a lot of gates on the building. You can't get out without an alarm going off. It's very nice outside, and then they have entertainment all the time. They had a live band this past summer in the courtyard. They are probably about as personable as you can be. She is on the main level, and it's only one level, so it makes it a lot easier for her to get in and out.

December 30, 2014

By Jim100392950

Everything was great at Homewood at Deane Hill. The staff was very good. The only issue was the room; they didn't have a large room. The dining room had a small family style kitchen. What impressed me most was the friendliness of the staff and the people.

July 29, 2014

Our visit to Homewood was very nice. It was clean and taken care of nicely. They have several different types of rooms, which were normal types. They have lots of activities and are constantly doing stuff and playing games. They always have something to keep you busy.

March 27, 2014

My grandmother is now in Homewood at Deane Hill. We chose it because it is the one closest to us and is only about a 10-minute drive away. Also, it is one of the top-rated facilities here. The staff was really nice and sweet. They do a good job working with my grandmother. The rooms are a good size. She is in a small room size, but it is has plenty of space for her stuff, and she has a really large shower. They had activities like walking groups and meetings. They have somebody to do their nails and hair.

September 21, 2013

By Caring Son8

My in-laws has just moved into Homewood at Deane Hill five weeks ago. The place is very nice. The staff has been very accommodating to my in-laws. My in-laws are also pleased with the food. Some of the residents have this blank look on their faces, but others look very happy being there. My in-laws, however, are very pleased with this facility.

September 12, 2013

By Jack1026

My wife is now in Homewood at Deane Hill. It is a Brookdale facility. I like the feeling I had when I walked in there, so we chose this place for her. The community is not a home but it can be as a substitute. They have very congenial and helpful staff. All people there are very good. They will come and speak to my wife, and they would greet her, 'How are you Ms. Tucker?' They are fairly well staffed. They have a dietitian and an LPN. They have all their caregivers working there too. Initially, my wife was in a private room and it was fairly small. To save money, I moved her into a shared room with another resident. The other woman is hardly in the room, although my wife eats with her all the time. It is a large room. Half of that room is a lot more than she had in her private room. It is less money and having somebody in the room with her might be a viable consideration. They tell me that some people would do better if they were sharing a room. My wife has been there for several months now. They do have activities there. They have physical and mental activities. They have puzzles and games. They would throw balls around. The social director would ask a lot of stimulating questions to get people to think.

August 08, 2013

By Pauline4

Everything at Homewood at Deane Hill was clean and spacious. The outside area where they sat was really pretty. Everybody was helpful and friendly. We saw one room which was unoccupied at that time and it was pretty. They had activities and they took the residents to movies and little excursions. The eating area was clean and I liked that. The set-up seemed good but it was a little far from us.

July 12, 2013

By Beth Truex, RN

Mom has been sick for almost four months...she is 92. Previously she was very active, loves and does gardening and is an avid reader. Currently she is in a rehab center receiving PT and OT twice a day. She continues gaining strength and is back mentally to where she was prior to becoming ill. However, we all realize she can not return home because safety is of great concern. She and I have lived together for almost thirty years, in our current house for twenty three years. I am myself a senior with some medical issues and unable to care for mom on a 24/7 basis. She is prone to falls and I have had to pick her up multiple times at home. I also have a business that desperately needs my attention. All that said, I would like to share with you a facility my brother and I have chosen for Mom. The name is Homewood Residence - Deane Hill, located in Knoxville, TN. There are six separate buildings with a total of 24 residence spaces in each building. Landscaping is gorgeous with walking paths throughout accommodating wheelchairs and walkers for those who have them. The inside is welcoming, is clean and neat throughout; no offensive odor anywhere. The residence and staff are very friendly and welcoming. The manager has been so helpful, kind and understanding and very helpful toward our needs. She is always available to answer our questions and is very encouraging. Because mom loves gardening she will have the opportunity to have a space with a small patio downstairs when one becomes available. There is also a library where she will be taking her book collection as a donation and will still be able to read her books. As you can tell, we are all very excited about this wonderful new home for our mom and knowing she also likes it and says she is excited. We know she will be safe and well looked after. Thank you Homewood for being there for us.

May 29, 2013

By caring0520113

I really can't say anything about Homewood Deane Hill because I just had a brief encounter on the place. But I think the staff are fine and friendly. Everything is fine and I would recommend the place to anybody.

September 23, 2012

By honestinfo

Think again about this facility. The ceilings leak during rainy days. The carpet is filthy. The kitchens are nasty. Bugs everywhere! Plus some staff have attitudes.

August 28, 2012

By Sari1

The rooms available at this facility did not really fit what we had wished to find. They were on the small side though there was plenty of storage. The facility promises good care for those with dementia, something we are really looking for for our elderly family member. One thing we really did appreciate about the facility was the dining. The meals are not the average with no flavor and fewer choices. The worst thing about the facility, as a whole, was the location. We were looking for something closer to the Turkey Creek area for our family member and were disappointed. Over all, the facility is nice, even if the rooms are small, the staff seems pleasant and ready to help with the tasks that a family member would normally take care of. We really appreciated the fact that the staff is well versed in dementia and how to handle an independent person who just needed a "little" help.

September 29, 2011

By Michael F.

This facility looks more like an upscale apartment complex than any type of assisted living center. When you walk in, you are greeted by a smiling staff member - which is to be followed by smiling residents who seem to enjoy where they are staying quite well. Keeping the clients happy is the most important thing in any elderly care facility; and Homewood seems to do that quite well.

June 23, 2011

By NikkE

When I visited this nursing home, I wasn't sure that it was actually a nursing home at all. This facility is beautiful and the staff is so friendly. I saw residents all over the place involved in activities....indoors and outdoors! The people who live here are so happy and vibrant, it amazed me how the residents are so involved in making decisions about their own care. I would have no problem sending a family member to this nursing home. I wish more facilities would take their lead from this one.

Features of Deane Hill Place

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 2 To 1

• Licenses: ACLF license for 124 beds from the TN Dept. of Health

About Deane Hill Place

Deane Hill Place is an assisted living facility in Knoxville, TN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Deane Hill Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Deane Hill Place