Atria Weston Place

2900 Lake Brook Boulevard, Knoxville, TN, 37909

Reviews of Atria Weston Place

Donna104069550 April 10, 2015

Atria Weston seemed like a nice facility. It was just an older facility with smaller rooms, so that wasn't really what we were looking for. The people who work there that took us on a tour and everything were very nice. They did have activities for the residents although I didn't see any going on when I was there. Mostly, I would say no I would not recommend it because it was a much older facility and it was just kind of dark in there.

Hi, Donna. Thank you for visiting Atria Weston Place. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we appreciate your opinion. We would welcome you to come back for another tour at any time and reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you'd like to share more information with us about your experience.

Caring7995 March 31, 2015

I did go to Atria, and they did seem to be nice -- extremely nice. I did like the facility, but they were just not qualified to care for my mother. They actually went to the hospital to look in on her, and they told me later on the same afternoon that they would be glad to take her. I would have to pay for her upkeep there, but then I would also need to employ a 24/7 nurse to be there with her. They were not really set up to take care of her.

Thank you for visiting our community and for providing us with valuable feedback from your experience. If you’d like to share more comments or suggestions about your visit, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Caring8466 March 14, 2015

Atria Weston had a smaller atmosphere to it, and the staff immediately made connections with them, so she felt very comfortable there. They had two smaller dining rooms which was one big thing that we liked because my grandmother is kind of a shy person, and she has a smaller atmosphere to sit with people and eat instead of a big luncheon area.

Jack36 January 26, 2015

We tried to get my wife to Atria, but they didn't have any openings at the time. Their food was excellent, and it was very personalized. They had to cater to a lot of people there that can't even eat a lot of food. They formulate whatever they cook them. I have eaten over there occasionally, and when I eat over there, anything I get is always very good, but it costs considerably more money to be there.

Jane79655950 June 17, 2014

I am in Atria Weston Place. Everything is very nice and very good. I think it is homey. The staff is very good, and they are accommodating. They do anything I ask. I have a very nice room, and it has everything I need. It has a bedroom, a bathroom, a microwave, and a refrigerator. They have very nice activities.

Caring83488250 May 29, 2014

I had a lovely visit at Atria. The facility was too far from our house. The programs seemed to be more than adequate, but I didn't seriously consider it because of the distance. It was located next to the rehab center where my mother was. They have a very nice facility and the people were extremely nice.

They showed me the rooms, the dining rooms, and the facilities. The rooms were very neat. I met with the office and got to meet with some of the residents. They had lots of nice things. If I were located on that end of town, I would certainly have considered them. They were very personable. Their director followed up with a letter and thanked me for my visit. They did have one really neat thing: they had a coffee bar, kind of like a Starbucks, so when you walked in, you had to go into the sitting area which was very warm. They had a fireplace, and you had the smell of fresh-brewed coffee. It was quite appealing to go in.

They were extremely knowledgeable. They obviously were a very trained staff. They are able to answer questions, to give you the information, to talk to you about cost, housing, medical stuff, and different options of things that are available there. It did not appear to be like an institution. They were clean; they didn't smell. They were well maintained.

Caring83280150 May 11, 2014

My parents wanted to go to Atria, but unfortunately, that's 45 minutes away from where we are. I would rate it the best of all. I would say superior, from their staff, management, nurses, everything. They absolutely were our first choice. They have it all. It's an older community, but it is very nice.

I talked to people who lived there, and they said the food was excellent. No one ever had a complaint. The rooms were a good size. It was a bedroom and a living room, so it was perfect for what they wanted. They really enjoyed it. I thought it would work out great, but that was before my mom got really ill.

Sherene April 11, 2014

We visited Atria. The rooms looked like normal little apartments. The room that we actually saw had a bathroom in it and it was nice. The dining area was very nice and elegant. The staff was very friendly and hospitable. They had a centrally located ice cream place where people hang out, and they either had ice cream or treats, or just sat reading newspapers. It was pretty cool.

Marcia15 February 28, 2014

Atria Weston Place was a very nice place. The place was beautiful. The people were really caring. The staff was really friendly. However at that time, my uncle became violent and they couldn't handle that. Nevertheless, they did have very nice rooms. Food was great. They also had Thanksgiving dinner for the family. Everything was really nice and the dining room was very nice. In terms of price, I think it was the same as everybody else. It was comparable.

Caring77838550 February 01, 2014

Atria Weston Place was excellent. The staff seemed exceptional. They were by far the most impressive staff. They did have activities there. Their rooms were very similar as with the other facility. We tasted their food and it was delicious; however, their dining room was a little bit more formal in the sense the way things looked.

thirdgeneration1 June 30, 2012

My grandmother disliked the Aria, probably because she needed to stay at a proper nursing home and not an assisted living facility. She was upset that they wouldn't bring her meals in her room, for example. I thought the Aria was nice; cozy common rooms, a big, pretty dining room, and an ice cream sundae bar always available. A bus was available to take residents to town, and a cute garden in front of the building seemed to be a common place for the residents to take walks, some of them using canes or walkers. The staff was patient with my grandmother, even letting us move in a lot of her personal furniture, like her recliner and TV. The only thing that seemed odd about it to me was that all these people who could walk and fairly take care of themselves were there at all, but I suppose if you could not drive anymore, it could be a good option. All the residents seemed happy and comfortable; I'm sure my grandmother would have loved it if she had been more able to take care of herself.

Stanley26 September 28, 2011

My mother has been a resident of this facility for a couple of years. She is a cooperative type when she wants to be - most of the time - but, when she doesn't want to be, she is a bear. The staff workers at this place continue to exhibit an unexpected level of patience and caring. She lets them have it pretty well at times - but, as professionals, they let it roll off their backs and deal with it the best they can. They have a physician on staff, which can be an extremely handy thing, and they are very attentive to her every need. She gripes some about the meals, but even she grudgingly admits that the food is occasionally pretty good. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for this kind of facility.

Caring40 July 20, 2011

We were given a tour of the facilities, made very welcome and fed lunch. The facilities have everything we looked for in terms of space for a couple living together, an Alzheimer's unit, if needed and the staff seemed very professional, yet caring and warm. The schedule of events was impressive and the menu for meals appropriate and adequate, including concern for my wif's diabetes and food allergies. If they have space, we will strongly consider a placement there when needed in the not too distant future.

NikkE July 05, 2011

This is a great facility in almost every way. The residents have a great activities program that seems to have something for everyone. When my aunt was admitted to this facility, the physical therapy staff was all so good to her. My aunt was very timid about trying to walk again after her hip surgery, and I must admit she is not the most cooperative patient. The staff here took their time with her, and encouraged her in the way she needed to be encouraged in order to get her up and walking again. They were not pushy or rude; they knew just the right buttons to push to get her going again. The food isn't the best in the world, but that's a small sacrifice for all the great care they gave my family. I'd recommend this facility to anyone.

From Atria Weston Place

At Atria Weston Place, you'll find an elegant lifestyle with all the everyday comforts of home. Enjoy an array of special amenities like an ice cream parlor, community garden, well-stocked library and other inviting common areas. Atria Weston Place is located near many fine restaurants, the West Town Mall and medical facilities.

Atria Weston Place offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Life Guidance® (memory care)
  • Scheduled transportation

• Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,950/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55