Arbor Terrace of Knoxville

9051 Cross Park Drive, Knoxville, TN, 37923

Reviews of Arbor Terrace of Knoxville

Jack1026 September 18, 2013

The Arbor Terrace is a very nice place. The staff working there is fine. The only problem I have with them is the location. When it rains in this area, it floods out in the street and the police would block that street. They don't want you driving there. I think it is dangerous if there's bad weather, especially when you couldn't even drive out there. Another issue is that it has three floors and their Alzheimer's patients are on the third floor. My wife has trouble walking even before her Alzheimer's set in, so this set-up would be a problem.

Karen64320650 July 30, 2013

My mother didn't think she will like it at Arbor Terrace and she agreed to go for one week and she's been there two weeks now and she said she can't live without it. Arbor Terrace is wonderful. I like to move there myself. It is like a cruise ship that never leaves the shore. It has lots of activities, things to do, things to keep their brains stimulated. Her room is fully furnished and beautiful. The shower is just one-inch step in and they clean it once a week. They do her laundry and empty her trash daily. The staff comes in and care for her. They have a necklace pendant around her to know where she is at all time and what's she's doing. Everybody is very friendly. We spent as much as time there with her because we love it so much. The food is delicious. They reflect the fanciest hotel you've ever seen.

acourt313 July 15, 2013

My parents are both in their early 90's and have been residents of the Arbor Terrace assisted living for 6-9 months. We looked at several facilities in the area and found this to be the best fit for location, level of care, and dedication of staff. It is very much a family atmosphere. Each resident is thoroughly evaluated up front and the level of care is established. My Dad requires the highest level of assistance and he gets very good care from a staff of very caring individuals. They challenge him daily to do the most that he can. My Mom needs minimal care, mainly medication administration. There are many, many activities offered daily to keep this group of residents sharp, both physically and mentally. Family members are encouraged to visit and participate as much as possible. Any changes in health conditions are reported to us immediately. It's also comforting to know that the Memory unit is available on the third floor should the need arise. This is a secure unit but staffed by many of the same familiar faces. The food is nutritious and well prepared. I believe the cost is comparable to others in the area and much less than 24 hour home care. We have been very pleased thus far for selecting Arbor Terrace.

Richard Knoxville July 12, 2013

We recently moved my mother to Arbor Terrace in order to be close to my wife and I, as well as her grandchildren. The staff has impressed us with their knowledge, attention to detail and their organized approach. The care plan for my mother is well laid out and was communicated in a way that is easy to understand. The facility is somewhere you would be proud for your loved one to live.It is very inviting. The outdoor garden space adds to the home like atmosphere.

Steven1 October 06, 2012

My grandmother has been living in Arbor Terrace for the past two years, and my family and I have been very pleased with the level of care that she has received. The staff at Arbor Terrace have made every effort to allow her to live as independently as possible, and even with her failing memory, they have been sure to give her opportunities to socialize with other residents. She is still in good health, and I largely credit the care she has received for that. The facility is clean and the apartments do not seem like a hospital facility. The level of communication between staff members and our family has been appropriate, and the staff puts on several outreach events every year (such as Thanksgiving dinner) that allows our family to spend time with my grandmother. Though it is by no means the least expensive assisted living center in Knoxville, I think that it is an excellent value, and I would highly recommend it for other families that are considering where to place their loved one.

Judith1972 October 14, 2011

When my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in early 2010, she moved in with my mother. Unfortunately, she declined rapidly. Soon, the burden of bathing her, feeding her and taking care of her was too much. We found Arbor Terrace at the recommendation of one of her doctors. Although this home offers assisted living services, they also specialize in helping patients with memory issues. She entered the home in late 2010. Since that time, we have become quite close to some of the staff members. They take excellent care of my grandmother. I feel comfortable knowing she is there. We visit with her at least once a week. The rooms are nice, and she shares a room with another woman. The food is actually really great, and my grandmother still gets to garden from time to time. I would recommend this nursing home. I can't speak for the assisted living part of the facility, but they take excellent care of the patients with degenerative memory issues.

From Arbor Terrace of Knoxville

There are times you feel like curling up in your favorite chair and paging through a good book or visiting with neighbors. There are times when you feel like swapping fishing stories, or shuffling cards for a game of bridge. This is the lifestyle at Arbor Terrace: Rich with comforts in the finest Southern tradition, yet down-home and easy-going.

From the dining to the activities to the spirit of hometown service, Arbor Terrace is designed for the best in living. In fact, "Assisted Living" is too limited a term for what Arbor Terrace is all about. It goes beyond a menu of capabilities: it is our whole community's philosophy, for neighbors and staff alike. Newcomers join a family that helps one another in every possible way.

At Arbor Terrace, we believe in embracing life in every way. Our activities, from entertainment to wellness programs, are specifically designed for active senior minds, bodies and spirits. You go at your own pace, doing as much or as little as you wish or are able, with well-trained staff ready to assist.

Features of Arbor Terrace of Knoxville

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 00000018