Atria Kingwood

2401 Green Oak Drive, Kingwood, TX, 77339

Reviews of Atria Kingwood

Penny15 January 01, 2016

They gave me a good tour at Atria. I liked Atria, the people were friendly and it seemed they have a lot of people on the staff to take care of the residents. The rooms were real good, and in a home setting. The meals are there, the medications are taken care of, and they keep them active in a lot of different games and activities. They have trips on a bus, they go out to eat, and there's a lot more but that would be too much for dad since he has bad legs.

Eagle Manager October 16, 2015

My Mom has lived there in the Memory Care area for just over 7 months and has been very involved in the activites and is very happy. When she was living with us, she didn't get that involvment nor the socialization which she loves. She seems to have come out of her shell while living at Atria and seems happier than we have seen her in a long time. She has never complained about the food, nor have I when I have visited her for lunch. We are very impressed and happy with Atria.

Caring109977250 July 15, 2015

So far Atria Kingwood is great for my mom. They are very courteous and diligent. They have also been pretty efficient in taking care of her. They check on her several times a day and gets her medicines all lined out. Her room is sufficient. Their dining room is nice. I haven’t eaten the food, but she seems to eat three meals a day there; she doesn’t want to miss one, so that must be good. They basically have some activities for their residents probably every hour and a half from bingo to golf to happy hours. They have exercise, and they do a lot to promote for people to go out and socialize.

Martha48 July 06, 2015

I liked the location of Atria Kingwood, but I did not like the layout of the apartments. They only had one-bedroom units. The staff was very friendly, very helpful, and very nice. The dining area was fine. The facility was nice.

Anonymous103947550 March 31, 2015

I thought Atria at Kingwood looked very nice and it would be something that I would further investigate when my aunt gets here. It looked lovely, very accommodating and friendly.

Ann88010550 June 27, 2014

Atria was a very nice facility. I only saw the studio-size room, which would have been too small for my mother. The staff was excellent. They were very kind, informative, personable, and understanding. They interacted well with their clientele.

Sharon85495650 June 19, 2014

The location of Atria was good. It was off the main street, and it was in a heavily wooded area. The physical grounds are attractive. The people seemed very nice, and most of the people I saw walking around the lobby seemed happy. They had independent, assisted, and memory care. So they did have a nice transition. They had individual apartments, but most of the rooms were kind of small. I did see one single room, and the person who had that room had hired an interior decorator, and she had a fireplace. Most of the people I talked to seemed knowledgeable. I didn't eat the food, but they showed me some of the menus and they did seem good. They did have a memory care unit, but I didn't go there. Would I consider them for myself? Yes.

Caring79241950 February 24, 2014

I know people who had family members at Atria Kingwood and they seemed to be pretty pleased with it; the price is very reasonable and so I decided to visit the facility. When I told them that mom needs some care, they told me that they do not offer enough care for mom. We looked around the facility and it was nice, an old building, but it was still nice and mother really liked it. The rooms were nice and they offered studio rooms which were nice also.

metcals May 04, 2013

My father, Ed , passed away yesterday after spending almost 2 years at this facility. It was his decision to move here after my mother's death. I did not agree with his decision as I wanted him to move in with my husband and I. The staff and the residents became his "other family". After seeing the care, love and devorion from the staff of Atria and the hospice team that cared from my dad during his final days I know he made the right choice in where he chose to live. He had so many friends and so much fun there. The rooms are very nice and the facility is always clean. The outpouring of love and care towards my dad was just unbelievable. I know my dad loved them all. A young man, David, working at another location across down heard my dad was very ill and drove all the way out to visit him as he used to care for my dad before he was transferred. Employees came by to check on my dad on their days off. The love and caring at this facility is unbelievable. The director, Tim and head nurse, Katie, I cannot say enough about. They were always there to help residents and family. I highly recommend Atria, Kingwood to anyone looking for a loving and caring assisted living facilitiy.

Linda

SarahC1 June 30, 2012

The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms there are of good quality and they have a variety of different sized rooms to meet everyone's needs. They have a lot of group activities for the residents; my grandma always tells me how much fun she has there. They also go all out on their holiday celebrations. This past weekend they had a barbecue with live music. Overall the Atria does an excellent job of accommodating all of its residents and making sure they are comfortable and well taken care of and have plenty of social opportunities.

r3nayh January 28, 2012

I took at tour and put down a deposit for my dad to begin care there just over a year ago. The staff were extremely kind and from what I saw, the residents seemed happy. The rooms were very clean and they offered a wide variety of food choices for the residents. They also had a cheery atmosphere which is important in that kind of scenario. The staff seemed to know everyone's name and didn't appear to view their duties as a job, but rather seemed to enjoy the interaction with the residents and guests. They had many activities that included my daughter's preschool touring and interacting with the residents there on a regular basis. My dad passed away before being able to move in there. However, given my experience with everyone there, I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in need of these kinds of services. The representative I was dealing with was such a pleasure and kept in communication with me as she said she would.

From Atria Kingwood

Nestled among trees in a secluded setting, you'll find comfort and relaxation at Atria Kingwood. Our beautiful community features a well-stocked library, lighted gazebo and outdoor gardening area. Just 15 miles north of Houston, Atria Kingwood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association.

When older people come to Atria, they step out of isolation into a vibrant community of peers. At Atria, every community is a convivial place designed especially for older people who need a little help with daily tasks but do not require nursing care. Atria helps seniors live with independence and enables them to spend more time doing the things they enjoy"”all with the peace of mind that someone is always there to help.

Atria Kingwood offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance