Brookdale Kingsport

2424 N. John B. Dennis Hwy., Kingsport, TN, 37660

Reviews of Brookdale Kingsport

Caring79198550 May 20, 2014

My mother–in-law is at Emeritus at Kingsport. The sanitation is very good. She has a good room; its size is adequate. It's also clean and well kept. Food is adequate as well. However, they could have more skilled help for the number of patients.

Caring7880 July 12, 2013

I was impressed with Emeritus at Kingsport. We did go there for my parents and it was one of our options. Their staff appeared nice. We didn't have an opportunity to eat that day, but it sounded like they have a reasonable options as far as choice of the meals that residents would like. Their rooms were smaller and there was a lack of privacy between two rooms. I didn't think they have doors between two different rooms. That was something we wanted so each parent kind of have their own room. Their living environment was nice but it wasn't open like the one they're living in right now.

Jimmy3 February 19, 2013

Emeritus was extremely nice. They staff was caring and stayed in contact with me. But distance wise, the place wasn't suitable for our needs.

Z_Berg July 31, 2012

When my grandpa was a resident here, he was always treated well and very respectfully. He was in the army when he was younger and they had a nice sign on his door that mentioned his service. They put up photos for him and were always very patient even when at the end, he was often irritable and quite cranky.I always felt that the nurses cared about him as a person. They were extraordinarily kind to my parents and me when we visited, and I often observed interactions between staff and other patients that seemed to be the same great level of care my grandfather was receiving.Regardless of the level of care someone needs, this is an excellent facility. Even the more advanced care units still has a "homey" look to it, and they strive to make everyone, patients and visitors, feel comfortable there.

Michael F. September 29, 2011

I highly recommend the Emeritus assisted living facility in Kingsport. It is a very beautiful stone building with a well-kept inside. Emeritus is within driving distance of Johnson City and Bristol, which makes it convenient to commute to and from caring for the elderly when I am stationed there as a caregiver for one of my clients. It is a bit more expensive than most, but definitely worth the extra money to provide a place like this to the elderly who needs frequent assistance from someone to do daily activities.

abby2010 May 05, 2011

Visited this facility

I worked with an Alzheimer's patient in this facility and was impressed by its cleanliness. The housekeeping staff were quick to respond when this patient had an accident in his bathroom. The rooms were more like tiny apartments, very comfortable and private. The lunch I observed being served appeared enticing and well-balanced. I would highly recommend this facility.

From Brookdale Kingsport

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Kingsport