Summit Place of King's Mountain

1001 Phifer Road, Kings Mountain, NC, 28086

Reviews of Summit Place of King's Mountain

deewalker January 02, 2014

I was not impressed with Summit Place in Kings Mountain. There is not much handicap parking. When I first arrived, I saw that there was a refreshment at the front, I went to pour myself some and realized that the container was dirty. The rest seemed fairly clean. I opted not to drink out of this container because I was unsure how long it had been since it had been cleaned. When I went to visit a long time dear friend no one wanted to help me find the way to her room. That was frustrating because I had forgotten my glasses and had trouble reading the room numbers. I was worried that someone would open the door and be startled by how close I was to their room and that would be embarrassing. While visiting, she told me how she felt about living there. It made me sad because I knew in my heart she was not happy. She told me that she is not bathed routinely. She wasn't even sure of the last time she was bathed. While I was there, I helped her wash her hair. She said that she sits here in pain and no one helps her. If I could take her with me, I would. I hate to see my dear friend like this here.

Judy74415250 December 17, 2013

We opted for mom to stay at Summit Place of King's Mountain because it had a smaller memory care unit. We also got a very personal touch from the staff when we first went there. We visited the facility three times before we made the decision. All the staff that had interaction with my mom would talk about it. They always called my mom by name and recognized me everytime I went there. They would tell me thing that they had done with my mom like the activities she was involved in. The staff were compassionate. One time, before we went to the doctor, I took my mother to the bathroom. She was impacted and one of the nurses came and sat by her. She talked to her and assured her that they would work it out. She sat with my mom for the longest time and it worked for mom. It was beyond what most young people would so. And most of the staff were fairly young. The rooms were very good. Initially, she was in a private room eventhough we wanted her to have a companion. Because we knew that would help preserve funding for her stay for a long period of time. But after they found someone they felt she would be good companion with, they moved the other lady in to the room after letting me know. The room was of adequate size although I would love for the bathroom door to face her bedroom. The bathroom door faced the hall area, so you had to teach her where to go to the bathroom, since she had memory issues. It was well-maintained. They picked up the trash everyday and I thought they cleaned the rooms thrice a week. My mother did not have any complaints with the food, and I actually tried the food and it was very good. I would certainly recommend this facility.

Judy, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Our team works hard to create a positive environment each day at Summit Place and we appreciate that you noticed.

Thanks, Tabrina Watford Executive Director - Summit Place of Kings Mountain

From Summit Place of King's Mountain

Summit Place of King's Mountain offers compassionate senior care in Kings Mountain, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Summit Place of King's Mountain shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Kings Mountain, NC.

Features of Summit Place of King's Mountain

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,900/month

• Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Summit Place of King's Mountain