Summit Place of King's Mountain

Overview of Ratings

4.4

December 17, 2013

By Judy74415250

We opted for mom to stay at Summit Place of King's Mountain because it had a smaller memory care unit. We also got a very personal touch from the staff when we first went there. We visited the facility three times before we made the decision. All the staff that had interaction with my mom would talk about it. They always called my mom by name and recognized me everytime I went there. They would tell me thing that they had done with my mom like the activities she was involved in. The staff were compassionate. One time, before we went to the doctor, I took my mother to the bathroom. She was impacted and one of the nurses came and sat by her. She talked to her and assured her that they would work it out. She sat with my mom for the longest time and it worked for mom. It was beyond what most young people would so. And most of the staff were fairly young. The rooms were very good. Initially, she was in a private room eventhough we wanted her to have a companion. Because we knew that would help preserve funding for her stay for a long period of time. But after they found someone they felt she would be good companion with, they moved the other lady in to the room after letting me know. The room was of adequate size although I would love for the bathroom door to face her bedroom. The bathroom door faced the hall area, so you had to teach her where to go to the bathroom, since she had memory issues. It was well-maintained. They picked up the trash everyday and I thought they cleaned the rooms thrice a week. My mother did not have any complaints with the food, and I actually tried the food and it was very good. I would certainly recommend this facility.

Judy, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Our team works hard to create a positive environment each day at Summit Place and we appreciate that you noticed.

Thanks, Tabrina Watford Executive Director - Summit Place of Kings Mountain

• Features Extra: Library

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None

About Summit Place of King's Mountain

Summit Place of King's Mountain offers compassionate senior care in Kings Mountain, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Summit Place of King's Mountain shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Kings Mountain, NC.

Map of Summit Place of King's Mountain