Brookdale Kennesaw

2800 Jiles Road, Kennesaw, GA, 30144

Reviews of Brookdale Kennesaw

AllisonS. March 24, 2015

My Dad loved living at Wellington Place. The staff was so friendly and caring. The facility was always clean, the food always smelled delicious and there were always activities going on. They not only took great care of Dad, but they were also very supportive of our familly. They understood how stressful it can be to take care of a loved one with dementia and they did everything could to make our lives easier. As anyone knows that has gone through this process, we had a peace of mind while Dad was at Wellington Place that is invaluable. I cannot say enough what a great experience my Dad had at Wellington Place and I would highly recommend it.

Rich7 January 13, 2015

The Brookdale Kennesaw is beautiful and clean. The staff is incredible, and the rooms are nice. We went to their thanksgiving celebration, and the food was very good. There is a supermarket nearly 300 feet from the place, and everything you might need is right around it. They have activities like bingo, trips, Christmas celebration, Thanksgiving, family dinners, and they have singers who come in.

Caring78122850 February 28, 2014

Wellington Place was great. The staff seemed wonderful. My mother and I ate a meal there and the food was very good. The rooms seemed adequate for one person. They had music, they grow plants, and other usual activities. I like that it's all in one level. It's a little cozier than the other ones I've looked at.

Caring74530650 November 27, 2013

I remember the lady at Wellington Place of Kennesaw. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful with any questions that we have. I would recommend others to visit the facility.

DD2 October 21, 2013

Appreciated the value of a smaller, more intimate community. Residents seemed very well cared for and it was clean. Felt like I was not being pressured to put a deposit down. Staff was friendly and was very receptive to any questions or concerns I had.

Melvin1 September 29, 2013

Wellington Place of Kennesaw was clean and quiet. The staff were very nice. There was a swimming pool and they had all kinds of activities. When I visited, the seniors went down to the recreation room for a party served with meals. Unfortunately, I had large furniture and they couldn't accommodate it. Other than that, it was a really nice place.

Tom and Peggy September 11, 2013

It's nice at Welling Place of Kennesaw. We actually have a friend, a next-door neighbor, that's there. When we visited, we also talked to someone who was in-charge that day and she was very nice. She showed us all around. Lunch was also very nice. It wasn't gourmet but it was not everyday sandwiches like we have.

There weren't any activities that we know of that was going on that day. We also saw one of the rooms but it would not be big enough for my wife and me.

duckterloo March 26, 2013

We moved my mother to Wellington in January of 2012, moving her from the Sanctuary at Northstar despite the fact that she was in late stages of Alzheimer's, knowing that the move would throw her for a loop. The staff at Wellington took the time to KNOW my mom, what her personal preferences and needs were, and they went out of the way to meet them from day one.

You always worry about what things are like for your loved one when you are not at the facility. My mother passed away last week and I was with her almost 24 hours a day. Not once did I witness any act of neglect or disrespect toward any resident by any staff member. No resident was ever ignored or left to fend for herself. The staff came in to visit Mom often and to say goodbye during that last week. Several even came and sat for extra hours AFTER their shift ended just to be with her and us.

Moving Mom to Wellington was one of the best decisions we could have made.

MrN1 November 21, 2012

The staff was very friendly when they greeted me during each visit, and they seemed pretty knowledgeable in regards to any questions I had. The rooms had plenty of space and seemed pretty comfortable, and there was a television with cable as well. The front door area of the building had rocking chairs, which my grandmother enjoyed sitting in and knitting. This fit in with the quaint feel of this facility. While I never had any of the food served, it did look delicious, and my grandmother seemed to enjoy it enough to occasionally get a second serving at dinner time. The staff would often serve more traditional southern food. The entire facility is clearly all about keeping seniors active and healthy. The staff was very encouraging towards the seniors in regards to a healthy lifestyle. Over all, because everything was provided for my grandmother, and she seemed not only happy, but active and healthy, this facility exceeded my expectations.

SavannahLover May 25, 2012

My Dad had a stroke and then lived in this facility for several years before he died at age 94. He loved this place , because they preserved his independence and treated him with respect and like family. He loved Tony and Melanie and Beth for their interest in him and he loved all the activities. He was very much an extrovert and owned a barber shop for many years so the people contact was perfect for him. His room was like a little apt and very sufficient for him. I miss seeing all of them since he died since I stay busy in my job , but everytime I go by there - I am thankful for the good life they provided when he was somewhat physically limited in his ability to take care of all his needs. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a good home for their loved one.

Greeneyedsusan May 10, 2012

I feel extremely fortunate to have chosen this facility for my mother. She started in assisted living and as the disease progressed, she was moved to the alzheimers care unit in the same facility. The staff do so much for my mother. They love her as I do and I know that she is in good hands.

LiveLife1 September 27, 2011

I was not to thrilled when i visited here. I am a person who loves entertainment and I didn't see too much of that going on. Mostly everyone was in their rooms or watching tv. They had some extra activities like boardgames and karaoke but no one was participating.

Howard Wolf October 08, 2010

Responsible party

It was Labor Day weekend and we received a call about my mom around 10 am. They said she'd fallen and had a contusion on her forehead. That we should come by right away and take her to the emergency room. I asked when it had happened and they said at 5:30 that morning. So, we rushed over and took her to an urgent care facility for treatment. I thought the director might call us the following week with an explanation but we never heard from him. So, I stopped by to meet with him and asked him if he was aware what had happened. He said no. Shortly after that, we decided to move her to another facility.

From Brookdale Kennesaw

Brookdale Kennesaw provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Kennesaw