Brookdale Kenner

1600 Joe Yenni Blvd, Kenner, LA, 70065

Reviews of Brookdale Kenner

Relative26 March 15, 2016

We’re going to place my mother at Brookdale Kenner. They were very accommodating, very friendly, and very helpful. The room seemed adequate and large enough for a bit of furniture, and her has a large walk-in closet. They have a beauty salon and barber shop, a nice courtyard, a game room for cards. The dining room is basically like a small hotel dining room.

Caring Visitor29 February 16, 2016

We visited Brookdale Kenner. The environment was very nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. We had been invited to a lunch. We had a very nice time there.

Geraldine12 December 21, 2015

Brookdale Kenner was clean, andthey had activities for seniors to participate in. They have movie nights, and happy hour with cookies and popcorn that the guests can avail themselves of. The staff was nice.

Cecilia6 September 29, 2015

Brookdale was a nice place. The rooms were OK. The dining area was average. I like that they didn't have that many people. There were not a lot of patients there. I like that.

Barbara108806250 June 29, 2015

We went to Brookdale, and it was nice, but it was very expensive. It was much newer. We toured it on a very busy day because it was an open house. They were changing their name, and there was a big celebration going on. There was a party and a jazz band.

We saw one studio apartment. The apartments weren't homey. They were very limited. Most of them are studio apartments. Some had one bedroom in them with very little storage space. I don't feel like we could take everything we owned with us to the place. I thought that was a detriment to us in this facility. However, it was definitely well kept and clean.

Caring107483550 May 29, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Kenner was very helpful and kind. They answered all of our questions, and it was a really good experience when we went for a visit. They also take very god care of my mom. The rooms were very nice. They are not very big, but they actually meet all of the needs of my mother. I ate there one time with her, and the food is very good. She likes the food there too. Their dining room is very nice and clean. They do have all sorts of activities, like they go out once a week to go eat lunch. They also have crafts and bowling. They also have physical activities. The only security issue that we have because my mother has dementia is that the doors are not locked at night, so she can wander out at night. That is the only thing that does not make me really happy. The front door is locked, but the side doors are not. I think the only suggestion I could have is that at night the doors could be more secure as far as leaving the facility.

Joseph40 May 15, 2015

Brookdale Kenner was a nice place. The personnel were very cordial, and they've called me 9 times since our visit. I looked at the rooms, and they were nice.

Caring103997250 May 01, 2015

Everything at Brookdale Kenner is excellent. I didn’t eat there, but I saw the residents going to lunch, and the food looked very good. The people that worked there were just wonderful. You can see that it is a family-type atmosphere. They make you feel like you are part of a family. They take the residents out if they want to with their small bus. They can also take you to your doctors. It was wonderful. They have movies and different activities. The staff who gave us the tour was wonderful.

Bill74662450 April 07, 2015

We went to Emeritus at Kenner, but it just didn't fit right off. The staff seemed very competent. The sales staff was very good. It was more in my range as far as price-wise, but still it was too high.

Sam13 December 06, 2014

I would highly recommend Emeritus at Kenner to anyone. The staff treat you like you're family. They are very warm and helpful. It is more than what I expected. It is a friendly place. The nursing staff is great as well as the administrator, director, finance person, the activities person, even the man who is in charge of the facility. The food is good. My mom is on a low-salt diet, and they are maintaining that well. We use the wheelchair bus. She goes to the beauty parlor there, and she is so satisfied. I love the opportunity if somebody wanted to call me. That is how thankful I am for the way that they've treated my parents so far.

Caring95175150 November 29, 2014

When we saw the Emeritus at Kenner, we saw that the rooms were a right size, and they had enough people to care for the residents. They go on outings, they have a bus that will take them where they need to go, they have three meals a day with three different choices, they play games, they have music, and they have bands that come in, so there is a lot of communication. And, they also have a medical team that will assist if you need somebody to dispense some meds. They usually answer my questions, and the person there that I speak to is on top of everything.

Caring94743650 September 25, 2014

The people who showed me around Emeritus were very nice and pleasant and answered my questions. The rooms were nice. The dining room seemed pleasant. It was airy and light. I saw a lot of older people sitting around not doing a whole lot. It was not a place that I would want to be, certainly not long term.

Caring87687450 July 19, 2014

My dad moved in at Emeritus at Kenner for a two-week try-out period. The facility is great, and there's nothing wrong with it. I liked the people and the administration when we were there. They were very caring, but I think on the weekend the staff is not as full. Overall, there was really nothing wrong with it. It was just my dad wanted to go home. The food was really good, and the people were very nice. The residents seemed to be well taken care of. They have good entertainment and activities. They have lots of music. I suggest that others go check out the facility as well as ask other people with regards to the facility.

Sue44 June 30, 2014

The tour at Emeritus at Kenner was wonderful. Everything was fresh. It had flowers, and there were people sitting and chatting outside. The people inside welcomed us, and they were ready for the appointment. Everything was positive. We just happened to go through the dining room during the meal. I have worked in these facilities, and normally during mealtime everybody is just concentrating on their meals. This room was full of chitchat and everybody said hello. I can’t believe it. I haven’t seen so many friendly people in my life! And these are the residents who live there. They’re obviously enjoying themselves. We got to look into several rooms, and a couple of residents wanted us to look at their rooms. I was also impressed that they have facilities for every possible need; that was really amazing. You saw residents walking their own dogs and people who are bed- or wheelchair-bound being taken care of. I wouldn’t hesitate to put my parents there; they would surely have a good time.

Caring80180050 February 28, 2014

We were looking for a facility for my patient and we chose Emeritus at Kenner because that is the facility that they can afford. It's a very good place and very clean. The people there are very nice. The rooms were nice and spacious. Overall, everything in the facility was okay.

jonim November 15, 2013

Went to visit my mama and she was enjoying something with wine and great food. I pulled her out since i was only in town for one night for business but was just surprised to find this on a Tuesday evening! All the people were listening to great music and having a great time. I was just very pleasantly surprised. I have a mom coming close to needing care and will probably look into assisted living for her since it is like this.

Caring71056450 October 15, 2013

Emeritus is a beautiful place. I can't say anything bad about its appearance but I don't think my son was getting the type of care and attention that he needed there. He has Alzheimer's and they apparently couldn't handle him. They didn't have enough activities and he was quite bored over there. Because he's young, he was loud and active and he frightened some of the old people. They didn't like the fact that he was always walking around. He was very friendly with them and wanted to shake hands with them but they were frail and they were afraid of him.

PamelaW April 12, 2012

Though I have not toured Emeritus at Kenner yet. I liked what they have shared with us so far like providing direct assistance such as bathing and meals, highly trained staff and the various activities that they facilitate.

I am satisfied with the information they have provided so far.

I am currently on the process of convincing my mother to move into Emeritus and then I would like to tour the place then.

Smith2 February 17, 2012

The Emeritus facility is an excellent assisted living facility. It is very neat and spacious. The employees their are extremely friendly and respectful. It seems to be an enjoyable facility for the people that are there. My mom, who i recently dropped off their, told me the next day telling me how much she loved the place. The food on the menus seem to be nutritous aswell as enjoyable. The furniture seems to be in good condition and relaxing. Overall, this was an excellent facility, with a comfortable environment, nutritous menu, and freindly helpful employees. Highly Recommended.

From Brookdale Kenner

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Kenner

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 24391