Mustang Creek Estates

675 Rapp Road, Keller, TX, 76248

Reviews of Mustang Creek Estates

Unhappy Visitor1 February 16, 2016

I have my mom in memory care at Mustang Creek as well as have a private sitter who is a companion who also helps me take care of her. It’s a little different; instead of being a big facility where everything is under one roof with multiple floors, it’s made up of separate houses. Each house has 15 residents, and you have a kitchen, living room, and dining room, then your actual room is around the back. It's set up like a horseshoe. It’s more like a home than a facility and has a more home-like feeling. My mom’s only been there since the end of November, and so far, so good.

Anonymous116459850 November 20, 2015

I visited Mustang Creek. The staff was great. They were a model of retirement care as opposed to everywhere else we went. Mustang Creek was set up like a home. Instead of having one big building, they had a lot of smaller separate buildings with about 20 residents per building. Their living environment was designed as if you were living in a home as opposed to living to a facility. They had lots of trees, and it was set in a residential area, so it did not feel like a commercial corporation. Every building had a separate kitchen that served the 20 residents. It was not like some big cafeteria setting at all. It was very relaxed. My father has not moved in yet because there is a waiting list; however, when we do decide to finally make the move, that will be the place. None of the other places came close.

anonymous115196850 October 28, 2015

My mom is moving into Mustang Creek, which is half the distance from me than other places. It’s a small unit. They have two houses, and each house each had their own kitchen. The food that I saw looked very nice, and I liked the set up. They have a lobby/living area with large tables and comfortable seating. They have a Community Director that is assigned to memory care, and it looked like they have a lot of activities that my mother would enjoy, like a walking club. The only criticism is that the individual rooms are small.

Keren1 September 30, 2015

We found Mustang Creek Estates for my mother-in-law and it’s working out just fine. The staff is very nice and very caring. The caretakers are very caring; they take good care of her and they’re doing a good job. Her room is clean; she has a shared room and it’s adequate. It’s exactly what she needs; no complaints.

Caring113366050 September 30, 2015

My mom is in Mustang Creek. Everything is fine. The staff is good. They provide transportation and outside activities. They have everything that we need. The quality of the place; what they provide; and the prices, helped us choose the place.

Nelda4 July 29, 2015

It's homey and friendly, and the people that are working there care about the residents. Each resident has their own room. They have a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen upfront and then along the side halls they have residential rooms that are of adequate size for a twin bed, a recliner, a TV, an extra chair, and a refrigerator. The food is excellent according to everybody that I had spoken with. They do have activities for the ones that are interested. They go to Wal-Mart or Target once a week, and sometimes they take them out to lunch if they want to go and other outings. My father is happy and content, and I am too. Mustang Creek Estates has individual homes that have about 14 residents in each of them, and it's an excellent way to do things.

Thank you for your review. It is our privilege to have your father with us. We are honored to care for seniors every day and are committed to providing the quality care you are experiencing to all of our Mustang Creek Estates family.

Caring105857450 April 25, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Mustang Creek. The staff is very knowledge and caring. The rooms are small with a bedroom and a bath. What we like with that facility is that each individual building has a kitchen with 8 chairs in a table and it is clean. They had cards, dominos, and bingos. What impressed me most is the care she got because there is a ratio of 13 people in each building. They cook their meals and take care of the medicine. The community appeared good, and the security and safety is good.

D. Grant January 30, 2015

I am so appreciative of the care that the staff of Mustang Creek provided for my mom. I knew from the first day I visited the facility that I had happened upon something very special. Mom enjoyed her time there and was very fond of each of her caregivers. The staff gave me the freedom to leave town for brief vacations knowing that mom was in loving, capable hands. Until mom entered Mustang Creek, I couldn't have much of a life outside of her care. The staff made it possible for me to travel (and sleep) with the peace that mom was in good hands. The facility is amazing. The concept of senior living is the best I've ever seen. Thank you for all your help, care, and expertise in this area.

JennD December 29, 2014

My family member was in Mustang Creek Memory Care Keller. I do not recommend this facility. My family member received very poor care. Several serious medication errors were made. Staff did not seem well-trained in how to handle Alzheimer's/Dementia patients and staff turn-over was frequent. Their communication with family was severely lacking. Many very serious and important things I found out second-hand, having never been notified by the facility. Although they present the home-cooked meal by staff as a huge plus and advantage to living there, it actually is, in my opinion, detrimental to the care and oversight of the residents, as they only have 2 staff members for 14-16 residents per home (at the time my family member was living there). And when those 2 staff members also have to cook 3 home-cooked meals a day and clean it up, who is watching the 16 memory-impaired patients? And at night there is only 1 staff member on duty. The positives I can say are that when I did talk with staff they were polite. And the facility itself is new and very nice. But I can honestly say I have refrained from detailing several incidents regarding lack of care that I could cite here. I am trying to keep my review stern enough to warn others, but not a personal attack on individuals. We ultimately had to pull our loved one from Mustang Creek and place in another memory care facility, at which the care has been outstanding.

Thank you so much for your review. We take each and every review very seriously and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We appreciate your feedback for that is how we get better. Mustang Creek Estates has been caring for residents for over 9 years and we have cared for hundreds of seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our leadership team alone has over 40 years of experience in the senior living industry. We take great pride in the peace of mind we give our families and it truly pains us to hear we have disappointed even one of those families. For all of us at Mustang Creek Estates it’s not just a job, it’s a passion - a passion for providing quality care to seniors.

Caring7888 December 27, 2014

I visited Mustang Creek for my parents. It was good. The rooms and dining room were OK. The staff was good.

Caring99119050 December 26, 2014

Mother is not fond of the layout at Mustang Creek Estates because you only have one bedroom, and then you share everything else. It's not like you have your own little apartment thing, but other than that, it is a really nice place. It is very clean, and there is a walking sidewalk around all the buildings. It has separate little buildings, and you only have a few residents in each building, so it's more like a homier family kind of thing. The staff was absolutely magnificent there, and they were really wonderful. They have a bunch of things they do. They take the residents places, for appointments, to the stores, and everything else.

Barbara103276850 December 22, 2014

Mustang Creek is quite beautiful. It has 15 separate buildings with yards and parking between each of them. Inside is a huge open room for dining and social activities. On the social activity side of this big room, it would have sofas and coffee tables and a big television. The residents will play games and things in there. To my knowledge, all the rooms are the same, but it's quite lovely. Each house is separate, but each home looks a little bit different than the others, and they each have their own parking lot.

They have a cook in each home who serves only their people which is about 12 rooms. In their 12 rooms they only allow one person per room. It's a large room with a private bath, which is lovely. My dear friend lives there, and I pick her up at least twice every week and take her to church. Frankly, I feel very comfortable at Mustang Creek. However, my friend has had complaints about it being noisy in there and disturbing her sleep.

Laura36 June 26, 2014

Mustang Creek Estates has assisted living part and memory care. The staff bends over backwards for their residents. It's an estate that has 7 different houses, and each building is set up like a home. You walk in, you have a living room and a nice fireplace with a big screen TV. Each house has an independent kitchen and a nice dining area with regular dining room furniture instead of cafeteria or institutional furnishings. The hallway is a U-shape, and all the rooms are off the hall. Each house has between 15 and 16 residents. It's more of a family environment.

They go shopping once a week. They go out to dinner once a month. They have different outings, bingo, different games. They have people who come in and play music. They have a church service on Sunday afternoons. There's a list of activities every day, and they rotate between the buildings so everybody in all the different buildings socializes together, but then each house is also independent.

In each house, they have a dietitian who does the menu. They fix the exact same meal at every house. Every meal is made for the residents from scratch. It's not cooked outside or in a huge industrial kitchen. It's made like you're at home, and my mom has assisted in doing whatever with the kitchen or helped clear the table. They let them participate as much as they want so they feel like they're in their home.

Caring Son4 September 12, 2013

Mustang Creek Estates looks nice. I like the way the rooms are set up. They are set up around like a horseshoe, kind of like dorm rooms. There is a common living area where everybody could gather. I like that set-up.

Caring0883 May 29, 2013

My dad chose Mustang Creek Estates. Everything seems to be great and he loves it. They just have a room with no kitchen or anything like that. He seems to be extremely happy and I've already recommended this place to others.

From Mustang Creek Estates

Mustang Creek Estates is a new concept in Assisted Living! We are a residential style assisted living neighborhood designed entirely for seniors. Our neighborhood consists of 7 unique houses with 14 to 16 residents per house and two of our houses specializes in Memory Care. At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peace of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home-like living environment.

Our mission is to provide seniors with a high quality, residential type of assisted living at an affordable price.

Imagine a life filled with the freedom to live as you like and the security of knowing help is there if you need it. Enjoy life by curling up with a good book in your private bedroom or play a game of cards with friends in the living room. Pamper yourself at the on site beauty salon or just soak in the spa tub. Whether you're cooking in the kitchen, gardening in the yard, spending time with your family or simply taking a walk; Mustang Creek Estates offers you a comfortable, secure and happy life - just like home.

Our all-inclusive month to month rent covers:

• 3 home cooked meals a day & snacks
  • Special assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications, incontinence care, routine nighttime care and transfer assistance
  • 24 hour staff
  • Social activities, outings & exercise
  • Laundry & linen service
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Telephone service (including long distance), extended basic cable, wireless Internet

Imagine a neighborhood filled with unique houses, beautiful landscaping and antique street lights. A campus of homes designed with seniors in mind. Front porches with rocking chairs, fireplaces with glowing hearths and country kitchens with family style dining; each house is created to feel - just like home.

Imagine a home filled with friends and family, yet still very personal and private. Each home is limited to 14 to 16 residents, promoting close friendships and a sense of security. Our carefully selected care staff are available 24 hours a day for assistance with each resident's unique individual needs, if required. Together the residents and care staff become a family - just like home!

We provide a true residential environment, with quality care and services, at an affordable price. We look forward to talking with you soon!

At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peace of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home like living environment. Each of our homes offers intimate 24 hour compassionate care in a personal setting. All inclusive pricing at an affordable rate.

Features of Mustang Creek Estates

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: 1