Legacy at Bear Creek

200 Keller Smithfield Road South, Keller, TX, 76248

Reviews of Legacy at Bear Creek

November 22, 2016

By Loyce182875

My husband is in Legacy at Bear Creek. It is very nice, and we are happy with it. It is a newer building. The décor is great. The room is large and close to me. The people who are taking care of my husband are doing well, and I am happy with them.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful residents and resident families. Thank You for your kind words.

October 27, 2016

By Bryan W640675

Shannon does a wonderful job caring for the residents in memory care of Legacy. She has a great attitude, and always a smile on her face. She is great at helping the residents having happy moments throughout their day.

August 30, 2016

My mom has started smiling and laughing again - a side of her we have not seen in years. She loves the activities, food and friends that she has made. She made a great decision moving here.

August 25, 2016

By Allan K741284

The caregiver and the attitude of the employees is exceptional.

June 08, 2016

By Just A Visitor741758

I visited Legacy at Bear Creek. It was very nice. We liked it a lot. It seemed like people were always out and about, not just in their rooms, and were a little bit active.

May 11, 2016

By Daughter38

Since my dad moved in, he has been more lively and happy than I've seen in a long time. His blood sugar is more steady, he sleeps better at night and he is always talking about his friends. This was a great move for him!

March 31, 2016

By Ldavis

My father is at Legacy at Bear Creek. I like its location and the way it looks. It was all inclusive. The rooms are clean and nice. Everything's included so they get three meals a day, two snacks, they get housekeeping once a week, and they also have activities.

March 31, 2016

By Jordan6

From the receptionist to the administrator, the staff at Legacy at Bear Creek go above and beyond to provide excellent care and service to their residents. I've had the privilege of serving the residents for over two years and can give no higher recommendation for an assisted living community. Residents and staff are one big happy family.

February 16, 2016

By Unhappy Visitor1

Legacy was nice. The memory care unit was kind of out in the back and, in my opinion, a little more depressing than some of the other places I've seen. Memory care is a depressing place because there are some residents that are more progressed than others, plus being in the back seemed a bit more gloomy. Everybody seemed relatively nice, but I wasn’t quite as impressed as with some of the other places. It gave me a more depressed feeling, and it was not as bright and open as I had hoped it would be.

November 25, 2015

By Donna115746850

My husband is doing at the Legacy at Bear Creek. It’s as good as can be expected. The staff is very wonderful and caring, and I am very pleased with them. The accommodations are very nice, but sometimes I’m not happy with the way he looks in the morning. I think the night staff doesn’t do as well as the day staff, but they’re still very good.

May 24, 2015

My mom is in Legacy at Bear Creek. The staff is very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They have a lot of activities in the facility. It is new.

April 10, 2015

My wife is in Legacy at Bear Creek. It's relatively new, and everything is very clean. The rooms are decent sized. She has a sitting area, a good sized bathroom with a walk-in shower, and a little kitchen area. The staff are very friendly. We're very happy with everything with the exception of the meals. She is a little disappointed in the quality of the food that is being served. They have bingo, card games, outside entertainment, and singers. It is a little bit smaller than some of the other ones we looked at, so a little more personal attention to the residents.

February 17, 2015

By Tony22

My wife recently spent two weeks "respite" residence at Legacy. All care and attention was excellent – no complaints.

November 29, 2014

By Jim102306950

When my wife of 63 years was diagnosed with moderate to severe Alzheimer's, we searched for several months to find the best home for her. It was an easy decision when we found Legacy. It's their people here that make the difference. They're great!

November 12, 2014

By Kimmylou

My dad has been at Legacy for almost a year now. My family and I are extremely pleased with the care that he receives at Legacy. The staff is wonderful and I am confident that he is receiving the best care possible. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for a memory care home for their loved one.

November 11, 2014

By Glow1

I have been very pleased with the care my mother receives at Legacy. Mom's dementia has made her angry and difficult at times. The staff has always been very patient and kind to her. I know she feels safe with them because her face lights up when she sees their familiar faces. Although I generally visit everyday, I feel confident that Mom is well cared for when I can't be there.

November 10, 2014

By Cora Lynn

Moving my Mom from Assisted Living to Memory Care was one of the most difficult I've ever faced. She was very confused most of the time and called me at all hours with emergencies that were not. She was losing weight and becoming more and more frail. Since she has been in the memory care unit at Legacy of Bear Creek, she has improved. She has gained a few pounds and is now maintaining. She is happier and seems to feel more secure. She made the decision to not have a phone and has begun to write letters to her friends which she had not done for a year. My one complaint is that the closet is too small. It is not perfect, but it has warm and caring environment with some very special employees (not all but most). I am so pleased I chose to move my Mom here. It has relieved stress for me and given me a sense of comfort knowing she is well take care of. And BTW, a request for contributions to a Christmas gift for employees is standard with most facilities (mother-in-law also lived in two different facilities with different levels of care.) It actually helps to keep all care the same without special privileges for those who can "tip" employees. Good luck in your search for a place for your loved one. I know it is a tough time.

November 05, 2014

By gr8ful

My mom has been living at Legacy At Bear Creek for a little more than a year, and we couldn't be happier with the level of care she is receiving there. The staff is amazing. They are compassionate, efficient, fun-loving, and treat my mom like a family member. Prior to living at Legacy my mom had no joy in her life. Some days we couldn't even get her out of bed. In the last year she has literally come alive and enjoys the daily activities, crafts, games and outings. Mom tells me several times a week that she loves her home and the staff, and that her room is "cozy like my house was". We never worry about mom anymore because we know that she is surrounded by people who love her and who truly have a heart for the elderly. For years my family could never travel out of state for vacations because we were worried about Mom's care while we were gone. Since Mom has been at Legacy we have traveled three times, and were even able to take our kids to Disney World for a week with no worries! I highly recommend Legacy At Bear Creek and consider it one of the greatest blessings in our lives. I would also like to make a comment to the reviewer who wrote about the Christmas bonus letter: As far as I know, that type of bonus system is standard for senior living facilities. I gave generously last Christmas because I appreciate the wonderful care my mom receives from the staff, and I believe they deserved every penny of it.

October 25, 2014

By vlarson29

WARNING!! BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR THE STAFF TO RECEIVE A CHRISTMAS BONUS. The facility is fine but my family received a letter from the facility requesting money so that their staff could have a nice Christmas bonus. I am extremely worried that my parent's care may be affected if she does not give them her money. The facility made no mention that the "gifts" would be anonymous. I am confident that the caregivers will be aware of which residents gave them the biggest donations and who gave the smallest.

As the Executive Director of Legacy at Bear Creek, I am truly sorry for how this family interpreted our holiday letter and would like to offer additional details. While we did not mention in our letter that the gifts would be anonymous, we did state clearly that the contribution would only be given to either the Business Office Manager or Executive Director and no information about donations would be shared with the staff. Worries about feeling obligated to give are the primary reason we don't allow families or residents to give money or gifts individually to the care staff. This was an opportunity for those families who wished to and are able to give a venue to do so. Our Residency Agreement states very explicitly that this opportunity is given only once a year at Christmas. We are blessed to have such a wonderful management company that allows us an opportunity to also host a special Christmas dinner for our employees.

August 27, 2014

I just liked how clean the Legacy at Bear Creek was, and the staff was very nice. We are moving my mom there in a couple of weeks. I would recommend them because of the cleanliness and the staff.

June 27, 2014

By Tracy8

The Legacy at Bear Creek was in the area I was looking for. It was a very nice facility and a very good place. The staff was very nice. The rooms and the bathrooms were very nice and big. I liked the fact that they had carpets. I saw the dining room, and it was beautiful and spacious. They had therapy on-site. They had a lot of activities. They had walking and luncheons where they would take the residents out to have lunch. They went out to movies.

Photos of Legacy at Bear Creek

Features of Legacy at Bear Creek

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Memory Care

About Legacy at Bear Creek

Combining the latest technology with devoted staff, our residents and their families have the peace-of-mind that comes from knowing they have access to the assistance they need and a life they enjoy.

Our monthly rate is inclusive, and our caregivers offer the support each resident needs with compassion and attention. From an active social calendar to delicious meals to comfortable accommodations, Legacy at Bear Creek is a home where our residents can stay engaged in a life they love!

Call us today to tour our building and speak with us about your options.

Map of Legacy at Bear Creek