The Gardens of Barry Road

8300 Northwest Barry Road, Kansas City, MO, 64153

Reviews of The Gardens of Barry Road

Caring109864550 July 06, 2015

The Gardens was right across our subdivision. I liked their eating facility or station. It was very comfortable and did not feel like it was an assisted living quarters. The rooms were small, but they were all right. They were suitable and big enough to bring in some personal items. I thought the food was good. I knew they had some arts & crafts. We liked that it was near to us, and they had a unit for Alzheimer's. My mother-in-law had dementia, and that was one thing that attracted us to that. I thought it was very well secured.

Caring103885250 February 10, 2015

We really liked The Gardens at Barry Road, but they had a very long waiting list. They were nice and friendly, and it looked like they really took care of things. It was clean. They had a lot going for the people, and they seemed to be happy there. They will take Medicaid as their price because it's a nonprofit. If we had known about it a year ago, we could have gotten my mother in it.

Marlene20 May 12, 2014

The Gardens are nice; they had a nice garden area that you can wheel the patient out into, and they had flowers out there. The rooms were big, but I wasn’t happy about the staff there. It was not a good location for me, so I was not able to spend much time there. The sanitation was fine, and it didn’t smell. They didn’t notify me that mom-in-law was being released. The rest of the staff seemed to be quite understanding. The beauty shop was really nice though.

J Foster August 28, 2012

The staff all seemed pretty nice. The facilities are very nice and the rooms have a very "at home" feel. They do a good job of trying to make it more of a community than a nursing home. There are activities and events that allow for the residents to socialize and enjoy themselves.

commercesd March 08, 2012

The Gardens at Barry Road assisted living facility was recommended by a friend in the region as an option for our aunt.

The backyard features many places for seniors to enjoy around the grounds safely. The property also had plenty of park-like space with tranquil, large trees and nicely manicured lawns. Residents can also tend the garden. There was also a lovely barbeque area.

Community rooms had beautiful decors and plenty of space to engage in a number of social activities like games, reading, TV, crafts and many other interesting things to do. The residents may also host private social events. All of the rooms were spacious enough to include extra seating and tables.

The facility programs are designed to help the staff to encourage residents to enjoy the many physical activities offered. From regular exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, to weight training and other equipment - there are many options available. The seniors may also enjoy the outer walkways around the building and courtyard safely.

The dining rooms included both casual and formal options. Their menus offer a variety of healthy food options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too.

The private rooms were decorated tastefully with a homey, light and airy atmosphere. Each unit has nice views of the surrounding area. Bathrooms were designed with safety seats and rails.

It was clear that the care at this facility provides compassionate and understanding attention from caregivers for the best care of its residents.

We were really glad we took the time to visit the Gardens at Barry Road. It was a lovely facility with many wonderful things to do in a safe, caring and thoughtful environment. It is one of our favorites for the region and a strong contender.

About The Gardens of Barry Road

The Gardens of Barry Road is an assisted living facility in Kansas City, MO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Gardens of Barry Road for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Gardens of Barry Road