Park Village Pines

2920 CRYSTAL LANE, Kalamazoo, MI, 49009

Reviews of Park Village Pines

Truegirl00 April 18, 2012

I cannot believe this place, I normally do not write reviews but this has to be known for all considering putting someone in a home. My grandfather has been there for awhile and I cannot stand how some of the nurses treat their patients, some are rude and really not very helpfull. Ive seen a lot of young aides that do nothing and are only there for a paycheck and could care less about helping with residents. Me, myself..went and helped some residents that needed it while the aides were nowhere to be found. Also the management seems always to be on lunch, not ever helping on the floor. With a facility as big as this you would think they would be involved but they don't seem to care either. I'm trying to find my grandfather a new place to live as soon as possible. He gets very bored and the activities are not all that great either. Not impressed, never was and would definetly not recommend. Your loved one would be better off in their own home with in home care.

Taisha March 10, 2012

The facility is clean and was in the process of being updated last year. The nurses were nice but not always helpful, but this could be because there were so many and not all of them knew every resident. For an assisted living center you would think they would have better communication skills between everyone so they would know if a certain resident needed special instructions, be it with food or dietary needs. Some people didn't always get their medication right, but that was on rare occasions. But the people seemed happy and the dietary department tried to provide good meals, they provided liver and onions to suit some of the older generation as well as delicious soups paired with plain sandwiches. It was a toss up if the food was going to be really good or just okay. One thing that was really nice about Park Village Pines is that every year they have a Christmas dinner and every resident can invite guests and the family can come and see how the family member or friend is living and it's a good opportunity to meet all the staff. The office staff is always ready with a smile and always seem to be ready to lend a hand to a resident.

VanderJere January 06, 2012

In the early summer of next year I am going to have to put my grandmother in a nursing home. I am really not happy about it but I know it will be for the best. I am checking out homes early because I am trying to find the best one to suit her.I am trying to find one with lots of activities to keep her busy. This one does not have to many. I just made a pop-up visit because I wanted to get a real feel of the place. It was like the typical sit around in the activity room playing cards. There was not a lot of interaction between staff and residents. Most of the staff were young and appeared to only be there for the money. Some of them had to be constantly told what to do. And when they did do it they were not very pleasent. The one nice thing I can say is that their rooms were a bit roomy. Other than that I was not really impressed.

About Park Village Pines

Park Village Pines is an assisted living facility in Kalamazoo, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Park Village Pines for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Park Village Pines