Brookdale Riverside

5881 El Palomino Drive, Jurupa Valley, CA, 92509

Reviews of Brookdale Riverside

Caring107089050 May 28, 2015

Brookdale Riverside seemed like a pretty clean facility. The room that the staff took me in was very clean. It was a more maintained facility.

Christi3 May 06, 2015

We saw a studio and a one-bedroom apartment in Brookdale Riverside, and they looked fine. The staff seemed friendly to the residents. We went through the game room and a cafe. I would recommend it. It is in a quiet location.

Sylvania February 11, 2015

Brookdale was a nice facility; I really liked that a lot. I think that this is the best one so far that I liked. I like the setup, but well of course the level of care depends how much money you have. The staff was very friendly and caring. When you need someone, there is someone there.

I like the situation like in the dinner time, you will go to the dining facility, and it’s almost like a restaurant type environment. They will give you a menu, and you will pick what you want to eat.

Jim94078750 December 03, 2014

Dad was at Emeritus at Villa de Anza for about two months. The whole experience was fine. They were very helpful and caring. Their food was pretty good. I had breakfast with my dad a couple of times, and it was pretty decent. I have no complaints with them.

Debra43 November 11, 2014

Everybody including the people that lived at Emeritus was all very friendly. It was the number one thing that I noticed when I was there. It made my decision. They’re nice rooms. They have a restaurant-type thing and very good food. Sanitation is good. They have some exercise class, singers, and stuff in there once a week. It’s a nice place. I’m very pleased with it.

Caring84183550 September 26, 2014

I stayed for dinner with a friend at Emeritus, and the food was just awful. It was a little farther away from where my family lived, and the staff was kind of not there. I mean, I was greeted when we came in, but that’s all. The dining area is like a restaurant style, decorated very nicely, and the apartment that I looked at was very nice

Caring88710550 July 31, 2014

Emeritus was nice. I felt it was too large of a facility for my father-in-law. We were there on a Saturday. The residents were dressed nice. They were having their lunch and I didn't see any caregivers. That was a big concern. The rooms are too far from the dining room. We didn't care for the room.

John86201850 June 17, 2014

We moved into Villa De Anza (Emeritus). The staff responses quickly. They are always available and are working really hard. The food is OK. We have a two-bedroom apartment. My wife loves public speaking, so she's been given a couple of opportunities to speak. I play bingo, card games, and that kind of stuff.

Jo13 April 29, 2014

Emeritus was very nice, and it was clean when we went in. It has a beautiful lake that you could fish in, nice dining area for them to eat, and the little apartments are really cute. They had some studios and one-bedroom apartments that are really nice. My brother is on the waiting list there. The staff was wonderful. They had a Bingo room, movie theatre, and a room where you play cards.

Caring88968250 March 31, 2014

One of the things that hit me is the fact that Emeritus was not well-maintained. They started out by giving me a broken clipboard. It was a lot of other things, but that's a very weird first impression. A lot of maintenance had not been done. I'm not the one who's picky about cleaning, my mother is. We went down a back stairway, but there was trash in the stairways. Not tons, but it was something that looked like it had been there for more than a day or two, candy wrapper kinds of things. I knew immediately my mother would have a fit.

They have assigned sitting for meals. You couldn't sit wherever you wanted, with who you wanted. The day I was there, the elevator was out. They were in the process of repairing it, but there was no other way to get down because there was only the one elevator, and that's a little scary. If you were on a walker or in a wheelchair, somebody would have to physically carry you down.

The staff was very friendly, and the grounds were very nice. I had seen one of the new shows. It was looking at assisted living in America, and Emeritus was one of the ones that they really blasted. They had a good response to my questions about that. It's one positive thing. They have a little pond on the property. You can fish in it, and they get ducks in the fall.

Jeannine2 November 27, 2013

My client chooses Emeritus. What stand out is the caregivers and the nursing staff that they. They are excellent. I am very pleased because they check on the people three to four times a day. They are wonderful.

Caring693084 November 21, 2013

Everything seemed perfect for my father in Emeritus at Villa de Anza. It?s clean and has a nice environment. The staff is nice and cooperative. The rooms are spacious and clean with a nice carpet and the bathrooms are remodeled. They discuss various activities during the week and they have a monthly schedule on the wall so everybody may be aware of it.

Caring72574650 October 15, 2013

I was most impressed with Emeritus. I liked them and their staff the most because they are good, cordial and hospitable. Everything seemed to be more than adequate in terms of programs. The price was the best thing. However, their rooms were smaller.

Paula16 September 26, 2013

The place was really, really big. They had a beautiful ground. The staff was friendly, but for me there was nothing personal about it because their facility was way too big. They have activities, but the place was so spread out. With somebody who is old and has to use a walker, Emeritus at Villa De Anza is way too spread out for my mother.

Valerie13 September 25, 2013

I like the facility really well. It's very clean and the staff is outstanding. My father is not happy but that is probably because he is confined in a wheelchair and he is used to being up and about. They have excellent meals. They serve restaurant style. The residents get to choose what they want to eat. They have excellent programs but he is not able to participate in any of them.

Caring0156 September 11, 2013

I chose Emeritus at Villa de Anza for my mom because it was just a mile from my house. I had a lot of issues with them, but then there is no perfect facility. They did not watch the diet carefully and they served food with seeds and nuts to my mom, which were not allowed for her. There were also flying type of termites, which entered through the windows, although they addressed that problem with insect spray. I just checked with my mom everyday so I could monitor any other problems that may arise.

Patricia23 August 10, 2013

My mom has moved in to Emeritus at Villa De Anza. I visited her three times and my mom seems to really like the place. The people seemed really friendly and everybody was very welcoming to the family. The staff remembers the names of the family members when they come in and they are really attentive. She loved the fact that she gets to socialize. They sing church songs. She has a little balcony in her room. The people that I've talked to had been living there for a long time. The place looks kind of more tired than I thought it was going to be, but my mom loves the place.

Marylou1 June 26, 2013

Emeritus at Villa De Anza in Jarupa Valley met my needs in every way. As a matter of fact, they reserved a place for me in case I want to go there. The person who showed me around was very nice and kind. They had their own private lake where you can fish. They were fabulous.

Caring060701 June 19, 2013

My visit with Emeritus at Villa De Anza went very well. It was an excellent facility. Their rooms were spacious, well set-out, clean and well-maintained. The dining room was also clean. We were able to eat there and the food was good. Also the staff was very helpful and courteous.

lollymallo February 19, 2013

We loved Villa de Anza. It was very clean, very well-run, and the staff were all very attentive. Everything was top-rate. It was our preference, but it was just too expensive.

From Brookdale Riverside

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Riverside

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All apartments have kitchenettes

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 336402582