Rock Run Place

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Rock Run Place

June 23, 2015

By Norm2

I visited Brookdale Joliet (Formerly Emeritus at Joliet). They were very open and accommodating. They explained their facility and the levels of care. They showed me some of the rooms and gave me a tour of the facility. They followed up with several calls. They had church services and daily activities, and there was always something to do. I was given a sheet of paper with the activities. There was a fresh smell, and there wasn't a urine smell.

April 05, 2015

My parents are in Brookdale Joliet. They have a lot of activities. The place is affordable and is in a safe neighborhood. There’s a chef. My mom likes it very much

February 25, 2015

By Darrin1

Brookdale Joliet was alright although I didn't really care for it that much. The staff was fine. They were very polite. It seems like it was kind of crowded. The staff was fine, but I didn't care for the actual place. I didn't try to eat there, but it was clean. I was in a nursing home before, so it was just normal on how it was setup. They were eating lunch at the time. They did provide a calendar of activities. I saw bingo, and there was one where they have arts and crafts. The location was close enough to my house.

December 21, 2014

By herworld

Staff is exceptional, although understaffed on weekends. Residents are content and activities are plentiful. Housekeeping issues seem to be ongoing and inconsistent, but not to the point of great concern. Occasionally garbage gets overlooked, laundry gets forgotten. Food was excellent before kitchen closed for repair. Food is being brought-in, but sometimes cold by the time it is served. No communication as to when kitchen will re-open. We chose Brookdale (formerly Emeritus) after visiting and re-visiting several other local Assisted Living Communities. Highlights are: proximity to nature preserve, pet-friendly, home-like atmosphere, very caring aides, Nursing Director is exceptional and understanding, Activity Director is an absolute gem; excellent food. Negatives: Communication breakdown after move-in, The price I was offered at move-in is not the same price that is being billed. Getting it straightened out is taking considerable effort. There are inconsistencies with assistance, but staff is quick to remedy it when brought to their attention. If I was not able to visit every couple of days I would recommend an advocate of some kind visit to check on my loved one. This is a great place overall and my relative truly loves it there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

February 28, 2014

As far as the value is concerned, I thought Emeritus was a pretty good value for what they were offering. It was a pleasant experience. The facility was appropriate and clean. The staff seemed knowledgeable. It just didn't work out for us.

February 13, 2014

By Barbara85449650

My husband is in Emeritus. The food is excellent. The turnover rate of the aides are fast however and although basically I don’t have a problem with the care, I think the residents need to see a familiar face and be comfortable not seeing a new face frequently. They have great activities for the residents and Julie is top-notch, she gets really good entertainment. The toilets in the room are old and really small and I think that they should be replaced together with the plumbing. Also, they only have one common toilet for the women and they don’t have the automatic door opener. When the person is in a wheelchair it is very hard to hold open the door and wheel themselves in and out. They also have ramps on the east wing and the west wing of the first floor that you have to go straight up and straight down, I find no use for it.

February 01, 2014

I only dealt with one staff at Emeritus. She was nice, but I didn't really spend a lot of time with her because I kind of knew it's not something my father could afford. It's out of his price range. But she was very nice and very thorough. She did show me the room. They do have a lot of nice things, but there are also a lot of things that they didn't have.

January 31, 2014

By MJ6

We went to Emeritus at Joliet and it was okay and the staff were fine, but it didn’t like throw me a whole lot. I took my father there for a visit and he had a meal there and my father did not like that at all.

January 24, 2014

The Emeritus at Joliet was very, very nice. It's comfortable, the décor was nice, and the amenities were nice. I did see a fitness center. The people were very friendly and welcoming. Their location is perfect because my mother-in-law would be close to family members.

June 07, 2013

By Lonnie1

I found Emeritus on the internet first before I visited and it was a decent, nice and clean place. The staff were okay, there's nothing wrong with them. The apartments were spacious and the dining room looked nice. They have crafts and games going on. I was looking for an independent-living place though not an assisted living and it was a bit expensive for me.

July 27, 2011

By Irishred11

My uncle was a patient there.He went home to the Lord late last year. This facility was fabulous. My uncle was in his late 80's and still functioning well. He had a lady friend and they were good for each other. Unfortunately her family didn't like my uncle but didn't interfere 'till he had a minor fender bender. They forbid her to see my uncle"not safe" they said. This sent him into a tailspin. He became demented. In and out of reality,agitated,threatening but never violent. This facility responded quickly to our needs and we were able to get my uncle admitted quickly. He adapted well. There is a very homey atmosphere there. There are many activitities for residents and family alike. The staff is awesome. The food and snacks are delicious and nutritious.I highly recommend this facility. I frequently took my mom to visit. She and Uncle Bud were very closer and the only remaining members of their family. My uncle failed rapidly, it had nothing to do with his care. The facility is not far from major hwys and easy to get to. I am sure you would be pleased if care is required for you or family. Thank you for taking time to read my review.

Photos of Rock Run Place

Services & Amenities of Rock Run Place

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4225/month

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Exercise Stations

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Rock Run Place

Rock Run Place is an assisted living facility in Joliet, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Rock Run Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Rock Run Place