Pocasset Bay Johnston

12 Old Pocasset Lane, Johnston, RI, 02919

Reviews of Pocasset Bay Johnston

Caring112299050 September 07, 2015

At Pocasset Bay, I like the size of the apartments, the facility itself, and its setting. It is a nice country setting. The staff was helpful in making arrangements. They have singing and exercise classes. They would let some entertainment in. Pocasset Bay offered my parents an opportunity to start off with independent living and not assisted living, so they're getting some care, but not medical care. However, it is available if they need it. I'm happy with my choice so far.

Caring103821350 March 23, 2015

I move my aunt to Pocasset Bay last Sunday. They are just kind of a good place. It has a nice dining room. The staff's work ethics are very good. The rooms are spacious.

Desertfan January 28, 2015

My mom went from independent living in a senior complex to assisted living at Pocasset Bay Manor. Downsizing was a bit of a concern, but her room was bright, pleasant, spacious and well appointed. The attractive communal dining room is restaurant style with entrée choices available, but more importantly, the competent staff call her by name, and she gets her vital meds right on time, three times a day. One of the most valuable things in life is simple and straightforward 'Peace of Mind'. Our Mom is very well cared for, and we have that all important 'Peace of mind' of knowing she is in a beautiful, well managed place.

anonymous104645450 January 19, 2015

My parents are in Pocasset Bay. The facilities are beautiful like the dining area, and the staff is very nice. However, their apartment does not have a small burner range. They have a small refrigerator and a microwave, but that is all they have for the kitchen. My father gets up at five, and the dining room does not open until seven. I like all the outside stuff, but as far as inside the apartment, I am not really impressed. It has a beautiful landscape, but I noticed all the plants inside are plastic. They do take good care of the residents, and my parents are very satisfied.

Caring96242450 October 25, 2014

My two daughters chose Pocasset Bay Retirement Living. My room sure is large. I don’t know how they could give you a room this big, but I have it. The staff is very nice. I had pneumonia and stayed in my room for a few days, and I was brought my meals and was well taken care of. The food is alright. It’s not the best; it’s not the worst. They have bingo, socials, and card playing, but at my age, I don’t participate in anything but the bingo. I’m very satisfied.

daughter23 March 20, 2014

After visiting the facility, I was very impressed. It has an elegant and pleasant decor. The people I dealt with were knowledgable, friendly, helpful & responded promptly to my e-mails & phone calls as we went through the process of arranging dad's placement. The accommodations were more spacious than some of the other facilities we'd considered. My dad really wanted a private room & bathroom which we were able to get for him at Pocasset Bay. The suite even has a little kitchenette and the closet is quite large with deep shelves at one end. The dining room is lovely, the meals are nicely prepared with a number of choices. I really felt this was the best choice for my dad.

Lynn24 December 24, 2013

We chose Pocasset Bay because basically it was the only place my parent looked at. Even though she wanted to look at other places, but after she saw this place, she liked it so she decided to just go there. Location had a lot to do with it also. In terms of quality, we have not had one solitary bad review from anybody who either live there or know somebody there. Everyone has a good review. The staff is very nice. Her apartment is perfect. She has a gorgeous view of the woods behind her apartment. She's pretty happy there. Regarding food, I actually did try their food and it was pretty good. It's not like going to a restaurant, but it is not too bad. As far as activities, she has only been there since October but she has been on shopping trips and she has been to several parties. We even went to a Christmas party with her that was held there. She also goes to church and does things inside like bingo. They also have entertainment come in. Overall, they seem to have something more than a couple of things to pick from everyday. This facility is great. I would recommend them to others, and in fact, we already did.

Jan12 May 29, 2013

We were able to visit the facility when we were looking for a place for my aunt. The people were excellent to deal with and very honest. It looked like a nice facility and the people were very friendly. She was about to move there except that she died right before she moved. After she passed away, they were phenomenal. They never even asked for payment for the apartment. I recommend this place to others.

Mick jones April 28, 2012

Overall, I am pleased with the care my father received at this assisted living facility. The facility is kept very clean, and my father's needs are attended very well. The food is better than most institutional food, and residents are given choices. They do a good job of trying to get residents to participate in activities; however, I would like to see more variety. Everyone seems so gracious and gentle here. I had never been there before however I had driven past there at least a thousand times. The grounds were very nicely kept and the staff was very knowledgeable. My father never had any complaints about the way he was treated and said he would miss bath time when his stay ended. My first impressions were good. The outside of the building was clean and the people that I did meet were very cordial. The very front part of the inside was clean and the staff seemed pleasant. I am former US Army so I pay attention to my surroundings more than other people. I notice things that other people do not even comprehend. I would recommend this facility for loved ones.

From Pocasset Bay Johnston

Pocasset Bay Johnston provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Location of Pocasset Bay Johnston