Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

406 E. Mountain View Road, Johnson City, TN, 37601

Reviews of Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

Judy88489450 July 07, 2014

They've chosen Broadmore Senior Living. That was the first one we went to, and they liked it. They haven't moved in yet, but they liked how close it was to their doctors and their home so they could have friends. I think what they really liked was the variety of activities there were to do. It turned out they have some friends there, which also helped, as did how friendly and helpful the people were. The rooms were fine, since they can't get around as much anymore. It didn't bother them that it wasn't as big as the home they were used to, but they still can get around and have some privacy. The staff was very nice, very helpful, very open. The sanitation was very good. It was clean and well kept.

Caring84981550 May 30, 2014

We visited Broadmore Senior Living, and this is a very nice facility. The room in this facility is a little bit smaller, but they have a very nice dining room. The staff were excellent, and the people were very friendly. The food is good. They have different activities for the residents to choose from. They took day trips and shopping. They also have different games that they could play, and they also have exercise.

Caring67721250 February 24, 2014

We placed mom and dad at Broadmore Senior Living. Their rooms are okay and the food is good. The staff are very good too. They also do bingo and some exercises.

Catherine's daughter February 09, 2014

Broadmore at Johnson City was a Godsend for my mother and me. My Mom was oxygen dependent and wheelchair bound. She could also be a handful at times. The staff at Broadmore treated her with the utmost of care and respect until the day she died. She lived there the last 2 and !/2 years of her life and I am grateful that she did. The facility is very clean and safe and she had a great time with all the activities. She had lived in another assisted living for over a year and they had raised her rates considerably. Over the course of my mother's stay, her rates were raised moderately according to her increased level of care, as her final days were spent in Memory Care.

BarbaraL February 05, 2014

I decided to write these reviews because I found information very difficult to find about the assisted living business, and the different facilities in Johnson City. I visited this assisted living facility while choosing a place for my mother.

The Good - appeared to be clean, and properly staffed.

The Bad - Obvious bait and switch with the pricing. I have read about this practice in the industry where a facility will start you at a low rate and then increase you after you get moved in and settled. Their pricing was too low, and I had a bad feeling that it would be increased soon. They were unwilling to commit to the rate for a year, so I went elsewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are proud of our Community, the services we offer, and the lifestyle we offer for Johnson City seniors. We are sorry you did not clearly understand the pricing at Broadmore. Broadmore only charges for the care and assistance each individual Resident needs. Care services can be added or removed based on the needs of the Resident. This approach allows Residents to only pay for the care they need. The cost for care can fluctuate up or down depending on the needs or desires of the Resident. Base rent is the month-to-month charge for the apartment, meals, housekeeping, utilities and scheduled transportation. Base rent is typically raised 3-5% one time each year, similar to other housing rentals. The care charges are separate and tailored to each individual Resident. Thank you again.

Jimmy3 February 19, 2013

My mother is currently in Broadmore Senior Living. So far, I've been very satisfied with them. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. They have a lot of scheduled activities and things that keep the patients busy and entertained. It has been a fabulous place.

Michael F. September 24, 2011

Broadmore Assisted Living is located in a good area of Johnson City, has plenty of freedom for the residents there to enjoy plenty of employee-assisted free time, and also has an excellent staff base.

My friend that formerly worked for this organization would often tell me things that happened at work, and compared to some other organizations, I was impressed at how Broadmore handled the problems that arose.

From Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

Quality, compassionate assisted living, memory care and respite care services for seniors in Washington County, Johnson City, TN. Situated in a country-like setting atop a knoll, Broadmore overlooks our city. The front porch beckons seniors in to enjoy our community which is complimented by our beautiful and serene courtyard. From benches and patio chairs, residents rest, relax, and socialize. Our residents quickly discover just how comfortable, fulfilling, and enjoyable life can be at Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City! We offer a variety of amenities and services. Our goal is to support each individual, while providing opportunities for meaningful day-to-day living.

Location of Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City