Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

Reviews of Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

Overview of Ratings

4.1

February 24, 2014

We placed mom and dad at Broadmore Senior Living. Their rooms are okay and the food is good. The staff are very good too. They also do bingo and some exercises.

February 09, 2014

By Catherine's daughter

Other

Broadmore at Johnson City was a Godsend for my mother and me. My Mom was oxygen dependent and wheelchair bound. She could also be a handful at times. The staff at Broadmore treated her with the utmost of care and respect until the day she died. She lived there the last 2 and !/2 years of her life and I am grateful that she did. The facility is very clean and safe and she had a great time with all the activities. She had lived in another assisted living for over a year and they had raised her rates considerably. Over the course of my mother's stay, her rates were raised moderately according to her increased level of care, as her final days were spent in Memory Care.

February 05, 2014

By BarbaraL

I decided to write these reviews because I found information very difficult to find about the assisted living business, and the different facilities in Johnson City. I visited this assisted living facility while choosing a place for my mother. The Good - appeared to be clean, and properly staffed. The Bad - Obvious bait and switch with the pricing. I have read about this practice in the industry where a facility will start you at a low rate and then increase you after you get moved in and settled. Their pricing was too low, and I had a bad feeling that it would be increased soon. They were unwilling to commit to the rate for a year, so I went elsewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are proud of our Community, the services we offer, and the lifestyle we offer for Johnson City seniors. We are sorry you did not clearly understand the pricing at Broadmore. Broadmore only charges for the care and assistance each individual Resident needs. Care services can be added or removed based on the needs of the Resident. This approach allows Residents to only pay for the care they need. The cost for care can fluctuate up or down depending on the needs or desires of the Resident. Base rent is the month-to-month charge for the apartment, meals, housekeeping, utilities and scheduled transportation. Base rent is typically raised 3-5% one time each year, similar to other housing rentals. The care charges are separate and tailored to each individual Resident. Thank you again.

February 19, 2013

By Jimmy3

My mother is currently in Broadmore Senior Living. So far, I've been very satisfied with them. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. They have a lot of scheduled activities and things that keep the patients busy and entertained. It has been a fabulous place.

September 24, 2011

By Michael F.

Broadmore Assisted Living is located in a good area of Johnson City, has plenty of freedom for the residents there to enjoy plenty of employee-assisted free time, and also has an excellent staff base. My friend that formerly worked for this organization would often tell me things that happened at work, and compared to some other organizations, I was impressed at how Broadmore handled the problems that arose.

Photos of Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

About Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City

Quality, compassionate assisted living, memory care and respite care services for seniors in Washington County, Johnson City, TN. Situated in a country-like setting atop a knoll, Broadmore overlooks our city. The front porch beckons seniors in to enjoy our community which is complimented by our beautiful and serene courtyard. From benches and patio chairs, residents rest, relax, and socialize. Our residents quickly discover just how comfortable, fulfilling, and enjoyable life can be at Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City! We offer a variety of amenities and services. Our goal is to support each individual, while providing opportunities for meaningful day-to-day living.

Map of Broadmore Senior Living at Johnson City