Sunrise of Johns Creek

11405 Medlock Bridge Road, Johns Creek, GA, 30097

Reviews of Sunrise of Johns Creek

October 31, 2015

By Linda111352850

Actually, I put my father in a different senior-living community, and he failed because he needed memory care. So within a week in Sunrise of John’s Creek, I had to move him. It was terrible, and I don’t want to say that, but for my father’s needs, unless you’re a person who’s 100 percent able to take care of yourself, it’s a dump. Their responses to my issues were terrible. They told me to hire a private-duty nurse to take care of him 24/7, and I was already putting out so much of my pocket that we would have gone into a hole very quickly. And they didn’t take any responsibility for their mistake in placement. They made us pay all of our fees. They were very rude and very mean. If the residents are going to be fully functional with no memory loss, it’s fine, because they had great activities. But if they had any memory-loss issues at all, they do not need to go there, because it’s all about making money, and that’s my bottom-line statement about it.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We take all concerns very seriously and would like to learn more, please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up.

May 24, 2015

By Starr Shulman

My mom has been on the memory floor for about a year. The facility is always clean and bright, the staff is attentive to the residents and welcoming to family members, meals are nutritious and varied, apartments are large enough for furnishings and memorabilia to assist with care. Patience and kindness, which mayter most to my mother right now, are abundant among all staff members. Best of all, knowing my mom is in Sunrise allows me to sleep at night!

April 25, 2015

By Donna105989750

What I like the most about Sunrise was the location for me to be able to visit to my mother. Everybody I talked with was very professional, and I got a tour of the place. I was impressed; I didn’t see anything that was negative. The rooms were pretty standard, and it was what I expected. The dining setup was great and very pleasant, and the menu looked good. They have get togethers, music, bingo, movies, and a bus that could take them shopping. I asked about security, and the door is not locked but I think it’s secure because there is somebody there. But they do not have much green space or outdoors.

February 25, 2015

I visited Sunrise. The staff was very helpful in assisting me and my mom. The rooms were very nice. It had windows, a bathroom, and a kitchen. Their dining room was set-up cafeteria style. They had too many activities to mention. The care impressed me the most.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous100965050

We sat down and talked to the administrative person of the Sunrise of Johns Creek, and she took me through the building. She showed us the one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. They were both nice, and I like them. I also like their friendliness. They have activities, but I have not witnessed any. I did see an area where people congregate, and there were some playing cards. The only downside that I saw was that the facilities up here seemed to be so much nicer.

November 29, 2014

By Mg2

I took a quick look at Sunrise of Johns Creek, and that is a pretty good facility. It's expensive, but of good quality. I did not know about their activities, but all in all, I feel good about the facility.

August 26, 2014

Sunrise of Johns Creek was fine; nothing special stood out. The staff was accommodating, but I really didn't see much of them. The rooms and the dining room seemed small compared to some of the others that I have visited. I liked their location. It was not my favorite place among the others I've visited, but it wasn't bad.

February 28, 2014

By Caring79201950

My mother is placed at Sunrise. The facility is very close to the hospital. My first impression of the place was that it was very upscale. The facility is four-story tall and everything is a notch above what we have looked at. They even have a concierge at the desk The working staff members are there all the time. Whenever I visited my mother there, usually either one or two of them would stop by and stick their head in the door and say, "Hello, how's your mom doing?" They are very cooperative and they seem to be taking very good care of her. With regards to activities, my mother plays dominoes. She also loves to play bingo. They have something for their residents quite often daily. For accommodations, my mother is in a joint suite. She has a roommate that is a really nice lady and they kind of look after each other. They are companions now, so that's nice for mother. They have a common entry area and a completely separate living area. At this facility, food is excellent and the dining room is well manned.

June 26, 2013

By Mariane

My mom's room was comfortable and the surrounding was well maintained and clean. I would recommend it to others.

August 28, 2012

By OldAsYouFeel

Upon arriving at Sunrise Senior living the outside enviorment was neat and well kept. Had flowers and trees complete with a walking path around the entire facility and sitting, rest areas so residents could get plenty of sun. upon entering the facility the staff was kind and courteous and always with a friendly smile. Many of the staff was very knowledgable of the facility and seemed genuine in how much they care for the seniors living at the center. Many of the senior citizens i voluntereed my time with were bright and happy a reflection of the care they recieved while at the center. The Seniors recieved great care in every area mental, physical, and in spirit. the Sunshine assisted liing center was one of the best kept well cared for living centers i have had the oppurtunity to volunterr for!

April 13, 2012

By Jman

My sister and I moved our parents into the Sunrise of Johns Creek, after they couldn't live alone any more. Our experience here was mixed.POSITIVES: It is a safe place. The rooms are mostly cheery with windows and walk-in showers. Meals are regular. There are supervised activities (bingo), TV sets, afternoon snacks. The grounds around are pleasant. Downstairs there is a closed facility for more severe dementia cases.NEGATIVES: This facility is part of a for-profit corporation with a publicly traded stock (symbol SRZ), whose price has suffered since March-April 2011. This means that they will always keep labor cost low and charge you an arm and a leg: there is not only an increase every year, but you will get charged for EVERY little thing, including taking dinner to the room, giving meds, etc. Not all caregivers are dedicated professionals, several have been known to take short-cuts. Some are rude, only a few are truly good. Clothes and small valuables have disappeared off and on. You rarely find proactive care here: it's too time-consuming and expensive. For instance: They'll proudly show you their hi-tech bathing facility, usable also when you're in a wheelchair. But once you're a resident, nobody offers this facility to you. It's more or less a show-piece. The food is terribly bland: lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, overcooked vegetables. There is a salad bar, or you can get a sandwich. No ethnic, interesting food, no real concern for organic ingredients, bran, gluten-free, or other special need.Consider this facility only if money is no object or there is no alternative (as with us, who live elsewhere and have to travel a lot). A month for a resident who needs some, but no extreme, care, will cost you $6,000 to $7,000 or more. Don't forget: This is not a hospital, even if a doctor checks in off and on. For real medical care, you still have to go to a hospital. And, again: This is a commercial enterprise, and like all of those, it is out to make money off the residents' families.

January 06, 2012

By rockshot2

This is a great facility. They provide on time transportation, and they take care of my mother well. Its an amazing place and i recommend it to all of my friends.

Photos of Sunrise of Johns Creek

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Johns Creek

• State Licenses: ALC/PCH

About Sunrise of Johns Creek

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Johns Creek