The Arbors Westbury

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Arbors Westbury

July 05, 2016

By Anthony 11791

The care here is poor. I rarely get a call back back from the staff when I have a question about my father's care. He was recently hospitalized, and I got very little infromation from the staff there about the circumstances concerning this event. It took several calls on my part to get any information from the facility. When I finally made contact and critized them, they were very apolgetic and full of platitiudes, but I have seen nothing thusfar to make me believe that they have improved their communication efforts. Upon his discharge from the hospital back to the Arbors, the staff did very little to correlate plans with the hospital to smooth his transition back.. I had to take care of all of this myself. The food is horrible. On several occasions my father had to go out to local fast food restaurants to get something decent to eat. This should tell you something about the quality of the food service there. Having been a health care provider myself for many years, I believe that I am in a better position than most to evaluate health care services, and I rate this facility as poor.

December 29, 2015

By Lynne27

I went to see The Arbors Westbury. I thought it was nice, but my mother thought it seemed like the residents needed more care than she does at this time. Nevertheless, it was well kept and they seemed to have plenty of activities; they were having some programs going on that day. The facility was nice. I thought the room was a little small, but it seemed clean and well kept. Maybe it was a little small, which was actually nice because then it would be easier for my mother to get around at her age. Everyone, including the director who took the time to show us around, was very friendly. We didn’t have an appointment, but she squeezed us in, so she was very nice.

March 31, 2015

By Jane108591350

I had visited The Arbors at Westbury. They have minimal security, e.g., you can come and go as you please. It is not for somebody who wanders. The food was nice. The cafeteria was nice. The best part is that it is all inclusive, so that when you have a room there, everything was inclusive. They have single rooms and shared rooms. As for activities, they did take the residents to grocery shopping and to regular shopping. They have like community activities, e.g., bingo and all that other stuff. They have people come in to entertain them once in a while. They did go the theater if you are able to go. I would recommend this place especially if your income is not as high that you could afford the other facility. It was not as luxurious looking, but it was very nice. The cost was very good and the staff was very good. It was only because it was a little older and not quite as luxurious.

March 08, 2015

By Lily8

I had stayed at The Arbors at Westbury. It was very good. I loved the people there. They were very dedicated. The price was relatively low. It was only $4,400 a month rather than those fancy places, which were $5,600 a month. They had glee clubs. They went out to see performances and concerts. They had bingo. They had a lot of activities. However, I didn't join any because I was too sick to do that. The food was not so good. It was pasta every other day. It wasn't bad; it just didn't suit my appetite.

September 08, 2014

My grandmother is at The Arbors at Westbury. It’s been a few weeks now since she was there and it seemed like they are taking good care of her. We had lunch and the food was good. It’s also in a location that is convenient for the family to go into. The place is beautiful -- they have three courtyards and they are very nice. I think it’s a very good place to be.

August 01, 2014

By Awfulplace

this place is AWFUL ! The administration staff is rude beyond belief. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing , to say it is poorly run is an understatement ! We pay extra for assistance with showering , yet my father is always filthy when we visit. Housekeeping is horrible . There are NO NURSES on staff, the " medical staff" can barely speak English . I could write a book on the sheer incompetence of this facility. LOOK ELSEWHERE for your loved ones!

April 23, 2014

I was able to visit The Arbors Westbury, and the one who showed me around was very nice. They have an entertainment room where anybody can sit and socialize. I like that everybody could go to one central place and be comfortable. The rooms were clean. I also like that they have on-site physical therapy, so if they needed anything like that, it was there.

December 27, 2013

By Jerrie1

Mother is in The Arbors at Westbury. I like this place. It is very nice. This place is definitely worth recommending. All the people are very nice. The care is excellent. The food is also excellent. Everything about it is great. The facility is clean and pet friendly. They have their own bus. They have religious activities for all sorts of religions. They also have plenty of field trips.

August 04, 2013

By don'tgotoarbors

It starts out good...then, it's "good luck, charlie." $$$$ is all that matters...when they know $$$$ are running low, they start "pruning" the dead wood. Questionable hospitalizations, refusals to accept resident back from hospital without rehab stays, then resident is denied a return to their Arbors "home" and friends. Have been through it twice, personally; and know of others who have expericence the same calloused treatment. Don't let the rugs and curtains fool you. Just ask the staff...they know.

April 09, 2013

By Thomas6

Dad was at The Arbors before he passed away over a year ago. It was excellent. If I had the money right now, I would move in there. My sister picked this place because it was closer to her house. It was easy for her to go back and forth. We visit dad seven days a week and we were able to take him out to dinner often. The rooms are always clean. They had a separate dining room from the sitting area and they have a separate room for TV. They have a full-size pool table, and my father liked to play pool. People would come in with their pet dogs or cats. The staff was very good. You ask them a question and you will always get a direct answer. If they didn't have an answer, they would definitely get back to you. I would recommend The Arbors to anybody if they had the money to put their parents there.

March 10, 2013

By Howard Novick

My mother in law was a resident for 12 days. She gave them over $12,000.00 when she entered. Her admission evaluation was done by someone who had no background in either healthcare of eldercare. She left for the hospital after 12 days and the refused to return any of her money. They didn't even have the courtesy or interest to inquire about her condition while she was hospitalized. The same non-professional pronounced her unfit to return following her hospitalization. Don't even look at this facility let alone consider it for a loved one.

February 28, 2013

By princed

The medical staff was excellent. You will sign a contract with the facility that includes certain services. Then they will charge you a package for that service. And guess what they get away with it. I would not recommend this facility. Could be cleaner. Sink in main area very dirty. All of the linens I provided disappeared. Cleaning staff is terrible. Administrator very RUDE! I would not give any stars except for the medical staff.

December 22, 2012

By tyco118

i like to go visit my grandmother at least once every two weeks. When i visit her i usually take her out to eat to get a change of scenery. Not that the scenery is terrible there. She has a window and a view of this outside area with a pond and trees but the inside looks to be the same everywhere with no flair. she says the foods good but the menu doesnt change. For thanksgiving this year i picked her up from the arbors in westbury on my way to my uncles house in nyc and they wouldnt give her, her night time medication so I had to go into get it and when I did the staff were all reading magazines and were not being to helpful but thats probably because they were working on thanksgiving night.

July 08, 2012

By LMF

The Arbors is a wonderful place for my mom. She is happier every day. The entire staff is professional, courteous, and very caring. This was a great choice.

Services & Amenities of The Arbors Westbury

• Pets: No Pets

About The Arbors Westbury

The Arbors Westbury is an assisted living facility in Jericho, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Arbors Westbury for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Arbors Westbury