American House Jenison

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House Jenison

March 27, 2016

By Caring Daughter122266550

My parents put their name in at American House Jenison. The whole facility was very beautiful, especially the dining room, and all of their amenities were in a location that’s extremely convenient, not only for my husband’s parents but for family members to visit. It’s in a really good, central location. The staff was great. The person in admissions, who gave us the tour, was obviously very proud of the facility and did a really good job of letting the facility speak for itself. She wasn’t high-pressure or anything like that, but she was thorough in showing us what they had to offer. They have a billiards room, a library, a movie theater, a game room, and all kinds of walking trails outside. They exceeded our expectations.

July 29, 2015

By Mary Lynne

The staff at American House is phenomenal. Everything has been great; I have no complaints. I’ve got a one bedroom apartment, it’s got a bay window, it’s very bright, and it’s so nice having the room to move around in. They have crafts, card games, some stretching exercise, and a weekly or biweekly trip. The food is excellent, and there are no problems there. We have two full time people during the day and one during the night; the security is fine.

Dear Mary Lynne, We’re so glad to hear you’re happy with American House Jenison. You can’t be more right when you say our staff is phenomenal. We agree! We are lucky to have so many outstanding people who are also fun to be around. Thanks also for your comments about your roomy apartment, our engaging activities and how well you enjoy the food. It’s always nice to hear from our resident’s on how much they enjoy our community. Warmest regards, Darren Tigelaar, Executive Director | 616-457-9815

April 07, 2015

By Bonnie104042650

I liked American House Jenison right away. It's all on one floor. It's not elaborate, but it's clean and nice. The people are nice. Where my mom is, there are little houses. There are 20 to a house, and it's bright and cheery. The people are nice. They keep them occupied, and I don't have any complaints. The floor plan is nice. You walk in, and to your right is the kitchen/dining room, and down the one hall is where they get their hair done. They also have a whirlpool bath. The rooms go off in different directions, and they are nicely sized. I really can't say anything bad about it. The food is good. They have dominos every night and bingo. They go on bus rides on Monday and Friday, Thursday is hair day, and they get their nails done. They have a musical therapist that comes in.

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback about American House Jenison! It's wonderful to hear that your mother is enjoying the many amenities and services that American House has to offer. If I can ever be of any assistance, please reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Darren Tigelaar (616) 457-9815

Photos of American House Jenison

Services & Amenities of American House Jenison

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Licenses: Adult Foster Care - for Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: AL700365135

About American House Jenison

Offering spacious apartments and affordable rates, American House Jenison is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Jenison. The community is also close to hospitals, including Spectrum Health, Mercy Health, as well as Metro , Zeeland and Holland Hospitals. American House Jenison provides independent living apartments with emergency services available.

Floor plans as American House Jenison feature studios, one bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments. Restaurant-style dining is part of our resident's daily experience. Washers and dryers are included in each of our independent living apartments. (Housekeeping services are available a la carte to our independent living residents).

Our Life Enrichment Director plans a variety of cultural, social and recreational programming. Resident services also include 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation.

Map of American House Jenison